It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed U.S. police officers will for the first time be allowed to operate in Canada along with the RC

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

“The mechanism for holding the U.S. agents accountable is vague,”

Come on man..

Enough is enough!!!!
How long will this keep happening?

This is why it's necessary to recognize the threat of incrementalism
They put a little more laws and regulations here and there, people say nothing but they keep adding to it little by little.

Say bye to sovereignty Canada!
We have no right to do this, Harper is a spineless chicken!

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's retarded and insulting that US police can be here operating this way. Don't we have enough bad cops, we need more?

No, Harper is a lying scumbag and pre-purchased zombie unit that liked to be flown around by a rapist/murderer, you have to use people from the same "club." Second, what sovereignty, we are a colony not a country. We can't be a member of the UN Security Council because of that simple fact.The propaganda that Canada is a country is old and tired.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If I even see an American cop i'm just going to go the other direction or run.

i'm not dealing with that crap.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

canada will continue to exist as a separate national entity, because it is useful for the usa to keep it that way.

in canada corporations can do whatever they are told to do, energy, raw material, etc.
if under the same laws as the usa, the politics, legal action, etc, bs, would limit corporations.

and if harper wants to bring the wild, wild west of law and order, he needs cops that know how to shoot criminals.
too expensive to house 'em all.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Already posted

Ive been following this type of cooperation for some time.

Operation shiprider was the pilot program between the RCMP and US Coast Guard. That program dealt solely with maritime borders and concentrated in the pacific northwest and the great lakes. It cross trained officers on both sides in each others laws and procedures. If the RCMP was in pursuit of a vessel that crossed into US waters, the Canadian vessel could continue pursuit. Once they crossed into US waters the RCMP officers act as US Coast Guard, falling under their authority. In the reverse the Coast Guard falls under RCMP authority.

The follow up testing was done in Michigan - Ontario. Detroit and Windsor started a pilot program that created essentially a joint task force for local / provincial law enforcement. It put officers onto both sides of the border and allowed them to work joint investigations. The legal system on both sides were involved to ensure each nations guarantees and protections for each others citizens were being upheld, which they were. From what I have read the court system in both countries at that level were comfortable with the manner each side did their investigations, lending legal precedent to the cooperation on both sides.

The next step was the joint task force based in Northern Michigan that dealt specifically with smuggling on the Us Canadian border on the great lakes.

Things progressed until the incident in Niagara Falls New York and Canada. Niagara police (US police) responded to a priority call (domestic violence with a weapon). Long story short the suspect managed to get into his van and a pursuit started. Because of the felonies involved (and the officers not thinking this through) no officer involved in the pursuit nor the dispatchers bothered to notify US Customs / Border Patrol and also failed to notify their Canadian counterparts a pursuit was coming that way. For some reason 4 US officers contiunued the pursuit across the border into canada. Of the 4 cars, 1 stopped at the border, the other 3 continued the pursuit into Niagara Falls Canada.

During that portion the suspect in the van ended up hitting and killing a Canadian citizen, and the van wrecking out. A foot pursuit started with an Ontario Provincial Officer, who was the n shot at by the suspect. He was eventually captured and booked into a Canadian jail for charges.

Canada was a bit torqued, and had every right to be. Diplomatic protest was filed for violation of Canada's sovereignty.

Fast forward to a couple years ago. The Us and Canada, in order to jointly combat terrorism, toyed with the idea of essentially merging the countries customs and border agents and streamlining entry laws between the 2 countries (which has been occurring for some time now). The goal was to essentially remove the US - Canadian border checks, instead relying on the points of entry into the 2 countries via airplane / ships etc.

While that was being worked on the US and Canada signed a security agreement that would allow the armed forces of either country to cross the border if requested by State / Provincial authorities to assist in disaster scenario's. That agreement was signed I think 2 years ago.

The newest agreement on border security is to expand the ship-rider program idea onto land. The pursuit policies / laws in Canada and the US are virtually identical. The latest "test" is to allow law enforcement from each side who are engaged in certain types of pursuits the ability to maintain pursuit into either country and break off when appropriate jurisdiction units get involved.

So far, everything I have seen on these programs has been on the up and up. Both sides have expressed concern over the rights of their citizens, and the laws I've seen governing all of this has that as their top priority and is specifically called out / noted in legislation on both sides.

If you dont mind me asking, why would people have a problem with this? I ask this because of my background. I dont see any issues or sovereignty issues for that matter since its clear that if American police / coast guard enter Canada we are operating as Canadian law enforcement and are bound by Canadian laws, and vice versa when Canadian officers enter the US.

Here is some more info -
Ship-Rider Program - US / Canadian Coast Guard / RCMP Program

American Police Pusrsuit enters Canada

Canada - US working on cross border police pursuits

Canada - US joint military border crossing

Windsor - Detroit Border Police Task force

edit on 1-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

edit on 1-12-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: big brother is watching

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Harper's not a spineless chicken - he's a fearless sociopath like the rest of his lot, and he wants this.

S&F&

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

what sovereignty do we have left the right honorable Stephen Harper has just sold us Canadians out as the next state of the u.s. union . this is Canada and not the u.s. lackey state .security my ass Harper is a Yankee in disguise,it is amazing that we up here in the great white north hear about his treachery here on abts before we hear anything on the news . i see the u.s .is once again trying to play god. someone please shoot this madman as the traitor that he is to the Canadian people.
what is next the u.s. forces marching down our streets in full combat gear to take over our country without firing a shot as this little whipped cur called Harper needs to be trained like a little puppy -by rubbing his nose in his own crap.or is this mental midget just brain dead;.
or is it world domination though the co-orceration and intimidation of the governments of the world by the big bully on the street and all other nations are to fall to their knees .and beg to be slaves to the new masters .
sounds like Iraq,Iran,Afghanistan viet nam and any other nation that disagrees with the great u.s. do as your told or we will invade .
ops this is Canada don`t you all know we will just bent over and take it again and again ,ask our great governments that tried to disarm the populace by bringing in -GUN CONTROL- 1.5 million guns went underground that day .i guess that we the people up here are not as dumb as the governments seem to think we are ,considering that the people of our nations are the first line of defense against our enemies.
so they are coming up here to help with protecting our [theirs]borders funny thing is that the u.s. border ends at the 49th . or are they coming up here to teach our cops how to better beat down the people ,no that can`t be true as we just saw our officers of the law remove anyone from our parks which by the way those same people paid their taxes to support and use those same parks as in the u.s.so i guess this is their test ground as to just how much they can get away with . just ask those thieving lying bankers and great investment houses that put us in to a recession just who in the hell these police really are protecting as it is not we the people it is we the thieves and they even have the backing of the GOVERNMENTS that we also paid their wages .
ohm but the governments of the world have borrowed beyond belief as they cannot afford to pay their tabs ,which means that we are 1 step closer to a civil war in canada and the rest of the free world or these mental midgets are setting us up for WORLD WAR 3, their most famous of words are THERE IS GREAT PROFIT IN WAR.for whom. the worlds bankers of course and all of the people get to die as their dared to follow and believe the lie of it is for the protection of the NATION,or is it the protection of the GREAT HOUSES OF GREED .
still believe the liars,sory about your luck.
edit on 1-12-2011 by picratus because: forgot the train of thought just filling in the blanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Did you guys see the image on the article page link? It's Obama with his hand on the Canadian PM, as if he's guiding him towards the best path Look at that pic!!!!!

I was just watching a history channel show on body language (on youtube) and that very literally means that Obama is the one in control in that situation. There was a whole segment on that in the body language of politicians.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Look at that pic!!!!!

I wonder what Mrs Obama thinks about that affair...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
If I even see an American cop i'm just going to go the other direction or run.
i'm not dealing with that crap.

Yeah that's the spirit
You can run to Officer Bubbles

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

As a Canadian taxpayer, and life long conservative supporter, all I can say is that this action was not started by Harper. It was a commitment made by Liberal governments of the past.

Basically, it is nothing to fear, and would have happened eventually.

Much ado about nothing.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by picratus

You really need to get out of your mothers basement.
Perhaps after you get out of high school, and start working for a living, your attitude will cahnge for the better.
Get a life.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pontoon
gosh man, I'm so over the USA, they have there finger in just about everything on this planet!! when will it stop!!

I hear that Canada has oil.... lots of it
That means your Goose is cooked

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic
As a Canadian taxpayer, and life long conservative supporter, all I can say is that this action was not started by Harper. It was a commitment made by Liberal governments of the past.

Source?
Link?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Damn, paranoid much? It also means that RCMP officers can work below the border as well. In conjunction with American police forces. Just like the Americans have to work alongside ours. Win/win imo.

You think this is "win/win" ? How uneducated you are.

Such interoperability is state-sanctioned treason againt my country's very foundations. What happened when we agreed to the "free trade" pact with the US back in the early 90s? "Free trade" turned into American buyout of Canadian state assets and business. This was fully expected considering that the US is multiple times our size and economic power.

So what do you think is going to happen when American police are allowed to operate within Canada? They'll be targeting any dissident of their agenda, including regular people like me. Keep your bloody fascism in your country if you love it so much. You think it's "win-win" because the RCMP can operate in the US? WHY THE HELL DOES THE RCMP NEED TO OPERATE IN THE US? The only reason why Canadian security forces operate in the US, is to receive some training by American security (I wonder why that is
)

Cynic-

Spoken just like a true conservative supporter too

Was this responsible liberal government before or after Mulroney, because he's the one who instituted neo-liberal reforms in this country.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So, let slip the dogs.

First we take Canada, then the world!

Every starving child and homeless naysayer will be under control of the prison empire.
edit on 2-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
I second that. And yeah, Harper is a moron
Even Chretien had more balls then him. Damn Tories...

Has nothing to do with Tories
what's the other choice?

Ignatieff is ex-CIA

Partisanship is an illusion!

Is gotta to do a lot with Tories because I never liked them lol

Second line....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
You think this is "win/win" ? How uneducated you are.

Cool your jets Macgillicutty. No need for insults and I have WAY more experience with law enforcement than most here. It make intercountry police work more streamlined. And yes, it's a benefit for us as well because the RCMP will be able to work below the boarder as opposed waiting on any given force in the States. I am no Harper fan but this is a move in the right direction. Hell Europe has been doing it for decades. See Interpol.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Will turn out like a Lord of the rings move with an all seeing eye and a dark lord that wants our little village and all of our little old 57 Chevys.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
First we take Canada, then the world!

YEAH!!! all those resources... the fresh water, the uranium, the oil... the diamonds, the gold...

All those fishing holes
All that vacant land...

We could build power dams everywhere

Think of all the job created developing that colony

I hear that Alberta and New Brunswick already made inquiries to be part of the US back when all those crazy Frenchmen were trying to split up the country

We would need to add a few stars to that flag though

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join