It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed U.S. police officers will for the first time be allowed to operate in Canada along with the RC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Armed U.S. police officers will for the first time be allowed to operate in Canada along with the RCMP

www.thestar.com

OTTAWA—Armed U.S. police officers will for the first time be allowed to operate in Canada along with the RCMP as part of far-reaching changes in Canadian-American border operations to be unveiled next week by Prime Minister Stephen Harper and President Barack Obama.

The joint action plan to be announced at the White House will also break new ground by introducing exit-entry records that will track the movements of everyone who leaves the United States or Canada, with the information available
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

“The mechanism for holding the U.S. agents accountable is vague,”

Come on man..

Enough is enough!!!!
How long will this keep happening?

This is why it's necessary to recognize the threat of incrementalism
They put a little more laws and regulations here and there, people say nothing but they keep adding to it little by little.

Say bye to sovereignty Canada!
We have no right to do this, Harper is a spineless chicken!

www.thestar.com

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Isn't it funny? A few years ago they were calling in the NAU (North American Union) The US and Canadian governments, and media, went to great lengths to inform everyone it was all crazy conspiracy theorist crap with no basis in reality.

So they changed it to the SPP and soldier on stripping away our rights and freedoms to fall in line with "US laws" to "protect us".

From who? Who exactly is this protecting us from? Terrorists? all the 911 terrorists that crossed the US / Canadian border went through US customs legally.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Seriously?

Besides security, the agreement expected to be announced in Washington on Dec. 7 will cover a wide range of measures on border infrastructure, harmonized product standards, intelligence-gathering and commercial transport.

In a major step to ease border congestion, U.S. officials say next week’s deal will authorize pilot projects in the Ontario cities of Sarnia and Fort Erie for pre-screening of cargo before it reaches nearby U.S. customs facilities. By inspecting shipments away from the border, officials hope that most of the pre-cleared trucks could move quickly through customs when crossing into the U.S.

The agreement is also expected to earmark $1 billion for investment in improved border posts, call for harmonized information requirements on both sides of the border and improve trusted travelers programs such as NEXUS.

Ironically, they picked Pearl Harbor Day to roll out this piece of globalist tripe.
" harmonized product standards, intelligence-gathering and commercial transport."

Kind of points to the rekindled NAFTA or Strategic partnership, or whatever the hell they are pretending to be doing now.....

I'm sort of at a loss... I think I'm going to go outside - get some air - and avoid the rant-attack coming on....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I believe I'd feel MUCH better if Canadian Lawmen worked the north side of the line and American Storm Troopers kept to the south side of it. I'm American, so it hardly helps me to be stuck on the same side with the troopers...but there is something to be said for at least knowing a kinder, gentler place may still exist somewhere in that great expanse to the north. Leave it to Obama and Harper to rob our collective populations of even that last bit of hope.

If Obama is so hip hot on armed U.S. agents in other nations, how about *TELLING*..not asking...TELLING Mexico that our law enforcement agents that are on-duty in THAT nation *WILL* be armed in the future. The last thing Canada needs is MORE people running around armed to the teeth. Mexico however, needs a few divisions of them wearing Marine Corps Battle Dress. I'll settle for just giving the cops guns down there tho...not up North.

It's beyond belief.... Bush started as a conservative (kinda) and turned Liberal. Obama started as a liberal's liberal and is developing the worst parts of the conservative mindset. I wouldn't believe this stuff if I weren't sitting here watching it happen every day.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Did you guys see the image on the article page link?
It's Obama with his hand on the Canadian PM, as if he's guiding him towards the best path

Look at that pic!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just one more step in the direction of the North Amercian Union.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
gosh man, I'm so over the USA, they have there finger in just about everything on this planet!! when will it stop!!
They are just like the playground bully.... except on a global scale.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Good - it's about time the US was officially bought back under the Crown!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
It's Obama with his hand on the Canadian PM, as if he's guiding him towards the best path

Look at that pic!!!!!

Nah...he's just looking for advice on the healthcare issue....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

“The mechanism for holding the U.S. agents accountable is vague,”

Come on man..

Enough is enough!!!!
How long will this keep happening?

This is why it's necessary to recognize the threat of incrementalism
They put a little more laws and regulations here and there, people say nothing but they keep adding to it little by little.

Say bye to sovereignty Canada!
We have no right to do this, Harper is a spineless chicken!

www.thestar.com

I second that. And yeah, Harper is a moron
Even Chretien had more balls then him. Damn Tories...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Provided they work under the obsevation of Canadian officials it will be much the same as an interpol setup.

However, yes, i agree completely with your statement of 'incrementalisim'
There's a storm coming......

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
I second that. And yeah, Harper is a moron
Even Chretien had more balls then him. Damn Tories...

Has nothing to do with Tories
what's the other choice?

Ignatieff is ex-CIA

Partisanship is an illusion!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

Provided they work under the obsevation of Canadian officials it will be much the same as an interpol setup.

However, yes, i agree completely with your statement of 'incrementalisim'
There's a storm coming......

We are all frogs in a warm pot of water, but only a few of us are aware that the heat is turned up.

The rest want to sit back and enjoy the hottub, and call those who feel the heat belittling names.

There is only one peaceful way to fix this, and his name is Ron Paul.

If Paul doesn't get in, the looting of both our wealth and freedoms will continue. And then it will get ugly pretty fast, especially once the money runs out. They know they can't get away with another bailout, so when the newly inflated bubble pops this time there won't be any patching it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Can canadian and mexican officials operate in the USA along with american officials, or is it only americans allowed in foreign territory? I think this whole interoperability scheme is overkill and an intrusion into domestic affairs. Totally uncalled for imo!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Look at that pic!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, I guess the RCMP officers just weren't beating and pepper spraying enough defenseless unarmed people. Some of America's police forces had to go show them how to do it.

That or the US needs to teach the Canadians how to bust and jail some harmless weed smokers while using their military to protect the poppy/opium crops in Afghanistan.

The North American Union is pretty much a done deal already - they just haven't told us yet.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Meanwhile.... Our agents and local law enforcement officers on the Southern border continue to get shot at on a daily basis from shooters on the other side of the fence and they are unable to to anything to defend themselves.

Sorry Canada but you've been punked by a bassackwards policy.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Damn, paranoid much? It also means that RCMP officers can work below the border as well. In conjunction with American police forces. Just like the Americans have to work alongside ours. Win/win imo.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I dont see this "win/win". If you think RCMP will even be considered to help the united states in any case not pertaining to its own citizens, you must be pretty new to our ties with our border buddies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join