It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas, Bo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Mods, I really didn't know where else to place this, so please move if you see fit.

Let me begin by saying that I love my dog, but the way the Obama family is so lavishly making Bo the main figure for their Christmas decorations strikes me as a bit odd.
Also, I'm not a racist, so please don't turn this into a racist thing even though I'm going to discuss issues of color.

Please see this article for the photos:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I may be looking too far into this, but does it seem odd to anyone else that some of the decorations that are pictured resemble a black man and not a dog? Please see the "Bo on a Stick" ornament pictured half way down the page. Shouldn't an ornament of a dog have ears?

Not to mention, they have placed several replicas of Bo throughout the White House. He's in front of Christmas trees, the replica of the White House, the fireplace, etc.

It reminds me of how Egyptians placed cat statues everywhere.

We barely ever see the POTUS with Bo. I've always thought that they named him Bo to represents Barack Obama's initials. Also, how can you look past the fact that the dog is black and white? After all, the POTUS is from a black father and a white mother. (I don't have a problem with interracial couples.) I'm simply pointing out an observation.

Historically, there have been many presidents who have had their dogs as a bigger part of their lives than Obama and have been photographed numerous times with their dogs. I have seen very few photographs of Barry with Bo though.

So, I have to ask, are the many replicas of Bo supposed to be a symbol of Barack Obama?

Am I the only one who finds this really strange and a bit over the top?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Please see the "Bo on a Stick" ornament pictured half way down the page. Shouldn't an ornament of a dog have ears?

The candy treat you mean? It's made of licorice.

Am I the only one who finds this really strange and a bit over the top?

Yeah probably, doesn't seem to bother me at all really, I'd suspect it's done more for the girls than anything.

but honestly. who cares what they decorate the tree with?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yes, that's the ornament I was speaking about. It just looks more like a man than a dog to me.

Well, I really don't care what or how they decorate. If they want to spend taxpayer money making statues of Bo when that money could go to feeding families or even a few dog shelters, I'd choose the latter.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Honestly? I think you're diggin too deep..... just looked like crappy paper machete (sp) dogs to me. And I didn't see any ornaments with the dogs pic. I mean I don't like the guy either but I don't think the dog is supposed to represent him. If anything using the dog (and the military families) is a last ditch attempt to garner sympathy and support from America.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthAwesome

Garnering sympathy isn't something that crossed my mind. You may be right.
Having a love of dogs does tend to make one seem more human.

I apologize for calling them ornaments. Decorations would be a better word choice. It's just that he's everywhere! I'm surprised that they didn't put a red bow around any of the replica's necks.

OK, maybe I am looking too much into this. Maybe if I'd seen more photos of the family interacting with Bo than I've seen so far, I wouldn't be so shocked.

top topics

join