It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Shocking Revelations About Wall Street's "Secret Government"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
6 Shocking Revelations About Wall Street's "Secret Government"

Top officials willfully concealed the true extent of the 2008-'09 bailouts from Congress and the public.

We now have concrete evidence that Wall Street and Washington are running a secret government far removed from the democratic process. Through a freedom of information request by Bloomberg News, the public now has access to over 29,000 pages of Fed documents and 21,000 additional Fed transactions that were deliberately hidden, and for good reason. (See here)

This has been stated several times already about the secret 7.77 billion bailout of Wall Street banks between 2007-2009, and how they made an additional undisclosed 13 billion profit from those secret bailouts, but that is just the tip of the iceberg!

Some of the OTHER juicy tidbits from this Wall Street - Government connection are:

While Henry Paulson (Bush’s Secretary of the Treasury) was informing Congress and the public that only minor reforms were needed to protect Fannie and Freddie from collapse, he met secretly with leading Wall Street hedge fund managers -- among them his former colleagues at Goldman Sachs -- to alert them that he was about to nationalize the giant mortgage companies – a move that would eradicate nearly all the stock value of the companies. This information was enormously valuable because it allowed these hedge funds to short Fannie and Freddie and thereby make a fortune.

While Timothy Geithner was head of the NY Federal Reserve, he argued against legislative efforts by Senator Ted Kaufman, D-Delaware, to limit the size of banks because the issue was “too complex for Congress and that people who know the markets should handle these decisions,” Kaufman recalls. Meanwhile, Geithner was fully aware of the enormous secret loans while Senator Kaufman was kept in the dark. Barney Frank, who was authoring key bank reform legislation was also not informed of the secret loans. No one in Congress was told.

The article concludes with two valuable observations, which I'll paraphrase here:

1. That the banks and hedge funds were in a great deal more trouble than ever acknowledged - AND required COLLUSION on the part of the government to secretly fund these banks WHILE covering it up not only to the public but to most of Congress.

2. "Wall Street's secret government made sure the largest banks would grow even larger, aided by the secret funding."

Case in point - when PNC bought out one of the nation's oldest banks, Cleveland based National City Bank - Congressman Dennis Kucinich demanded answers as to how and why PNC, which received bailout funds, could suddenly snap up a larger bank - which DIDN'T receive bailout funds and which appeared to PURPOSELY be denied bailout funds. Does this prove that there was a secret agreement between Wall Street banks and their 'secret government' aiders and abetters?

I know this topic has already been discussed here at ATS, but I don't think it has seen nearly enough exposure, and it goes way beyond the 7.77 trillion secret bailout, it shows a clear collusion between the government and these banks to ROB the American taxpayers and engage in monopolistic practices.

This should be the number one issue in America right now.

You cannot possibly hope to see any investigation of this matter so long as the two parties in charge remain in charge. They are BOTH involved. There are still some American politicians out there who are trying to root this out - Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Bernie Sanders, Tom Coburn - (and what did Chris Dodd and Barney Frank know when they passed their banking reform bill?)

So America, want to know why you're 15 trillion in debt - well, here is half the reason, thanks to Wall Street's "Secret Government".

(PS: This is precisely what #OWS is fighting to expose. Don't let those distractors and disinfo agents tell you otherwise!)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
same in europe:
www.spectator.co.uk...

edit on 1-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
same in europe:
www.spectator.co.uk...

edit on 1-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

The URL is

"http://www.presseurop.eu/en/content/article/1175691-frankfurt-group-europe-s-hit-squad"

But I read it

"http://www.presseurop.eu/en/content/article/1175691-frankfurt-group-europe--s-hit-squad"
edit on 1-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Look to the congressional reps who opposed solid bank reforms, and fought new regulation aiming to protect the public from fraudulent banking practices, and those are the people we should first recognize as being in the pockets of big corporate bankers.

Before condemning everyone in Congress and all members of both parties, this is the place to start.

Here is a thread I started about efforts to get congress to increase the penalties for fraudulent business practices.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look at the members of congress who support this effort, and those who do not.

Look at the actions of those reps.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Thanks for the heads-up - looking over your post there we shall indeed see if this is a litmus test for those who are in the pockets of the big banks are those who will stand up to them.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I find myself becoming incredibly cynical these days,especially when I read stuff like this.Resentment,anger,and wish it affected everyone like this,I don't know can we stop them?Is there anything we can do to change things in our country?We are on a fast moving train and heading for a brick wall,and I think it's going to get much worse before we recover if we recover....they're all criminals the lot of them...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

At first, it’s not easy to understand how Treasury Secretary Paulson, the former head of Goldman Sachs, could risk attending a secret meeting with giant hedge fund managers, many of whom used to work at Goldman Sachs. How could the nation’s highest ranking financial official dare to tip off these hedge fund elites about the imminent government takeover of Fannie and Freddie before Congress and the public were informed? Well, one answer is that Paulson felt obliged to warn his old comrades of the impeding nationalization. Maybe, he wanted to get them out of harm’s way just in case they were heavily involved in those markets. Or maybe he also wanted to give them a very valuable tip to profit by.

First Poulson, a former CEO of Goldman Sachs, then Geithner, a former IMF and Fed Reserve banker, both worked to ensure the Wall Street banks made obscene profits with those bailout funds. If Poulson in any way tipped off Goldman Sachs so they could short Fannie or Freddie, they should hang...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
S&F
They should all be tried on the grounds of treason, then hung or sent to rot in prison!

Mass. suing banks
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
From Dennis Kucinich;

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
A most excellent post. When I found out about this, just this week, I was sickened, enraged, and then puzzled.

One has to ask themselves, why is this coming out NOW, three years later? Stories like this tend to be released for some sort of expected reaction, just another form of manipulation.

I mean, really now......three whole fricking years, and we're JUST hearing about this crime? What is our natural reaction to this news? Naturally, we want those creeps, both on Wall Street and in Congress, to pay for their theft and treason.

Maybe this was put out there to perhaps encourage OWS to go over the edge. The story needs to get out, but the timing is highly suspicious.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You know, I remember reading back in 2007 where the Carlisle group bought Fannie Mae or something.

Then I never heard from that again.

A lot of things go back to the Carlisle group.

ETA I found an article talking about how they've profitted www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 1-12-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

Oh, and don't forget that insider trading is LEGAL for congressmen- a lot of who get hired by Carlisle- Carlisle hires all the ex-presidents too- and they get CIA info as a courtesy.

it's all really nasty. They are set. They have all the information they need to do anything they want.
They are set, and They set us up.
edit on 1-12-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The worst part of all this is after blowing up the market and then swindling the tax payers out of trillions in secret bailouts, and taking obscene profits for themselves out of those, that Goldman Sachs is manipulating the markets across several sectors; buying up and hoarding everything from oil to aluminum and holding it offshore or in warehouses to drive up prices. Want to know why you're paying $3 a gallon for gas and not $2? Goldman Sachs.

An article from Rolling Stone April 2010 - prophetic or what?
The Great American Bubble Machine

From tech stocks to high gas prices, Goldman Sachs has engineered every major market manipulation since the Great Depression -- and they're about to do it again.

By now, most of us know the major players. As George Bush's last Treasury secretary, former Goldman CEO Henry Paulson was the architect of the bailout, a suspiciously self-serving plan to funnel trillions of Your Dollars to a handful of his old friends on Wall Street. Robert Rubin, Bill Clinton's former Treasury secretary, spent 26 years at Goldman before becoming chairman of Citigroup — which in turn got a $300 billion taxpayer bailout from Paulson. There's John Thain, the a--hole chief of Merrill Lynch who bought an $87,000 area rug for his office as his company was imploding; a former Goldman banker, Thain enjoyed a multi-billion-dollar handout from Paulson, who used billions in taxpayer funds to help Bank of America rescue Thain's sorry company. And Robert Steel, the former Goldmanite head of Wachovia, scored himself and his fellow executives $225 million in golden-parachute payments as his bank was self-destructing. There's Joshua Bolten, Bush's chief of staff during the bailout, and Mark Patterson, the current Treasury chief of staff, who was a Goldman lobbyist just a year ago, and Ed Liddy, the former Goldman director whom Paulson put in charge of bailed-out insurance giant AIG, which forked over $13 billion to Goldman after Liddy came on board. The heads of the Canadian and Italian national banks are Goldman alums, as is the head of the World Bank, the head of the New York Stock Exchange, the last two heads of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York — which, incidentally, is now in charge of overseeing Goldman — not to mention …

I think we need a new political party - the Hang the Traitors party. Put aside your differences TP/OWS, this is the single greatest act of theft in human history and you are going to be paying for it for the rest of your (and your children's) natural lives.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
what are you going to do. the ones in charge of preventing and prosecuting the crimes are committing them.

imagine if osama bin laden was in charge of homeland security. vinny "the chin" gigante, head of the f.b.i., lee harvey oswald was director of the c.i.a and bernie madoff was secretary of the treasury.

the checks and balances is completely broken. the two parties have broken the system to their advantage.

the people have lost control over the government. their only purpose is to pay taxes and check mark a ballot every 4 years.

i thought the american people chose the president, not the republicans and the democrats.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't know HOW they could be stopped- I mean, like the venn diagram that was published not long ago- they ARE also the govt. They seem to make laws all the time to micromanage our lives, but when it comes to making a law that would make these really treasonous things they do ILLEGAL, well, they don't do that, do they?

It would be nice if we had a WORKING TEAM to ferret this stuff out. Someone with business law expertise and constitutional law, and others that are willing to do the hard research to build a solid case.

The information is out there because clearly they have done some really dirty things- but how to go about seeing justice, that is something I don't know.

Any such group might have to be anonymous but open or they'd end up like the mortgage whistleblower.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I guess you could say
/sunglasses
this is just the tip of the Bloomberg
YEEEAAAAHH!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Well, how else are they going to keep up the banking Ponzi/Madoff scheme?? Don't you guys know that they're strangle hold on the world is to Big to Fail? So what better way to stop failure than create money out of thin air....BRILLIANT!! I think we in the ATS community should make our own money too.....Oh no, I almost forgot, we can't do that because it's counterfeiting and we will get in big ol trouble. Hmmm.... Does Bank of ATS sound good to anybody?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Why are they even bothering to cover it up?

People don't care.

People don't know anyway even if you did do it in broad daylight.

Let says people did care and are aware. What can they do? NOTHING. Hire mercenaries or create their own army to over throw the American government?

OWS isn't doing too well now is it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
One thing I think people could do is to quit their jobs on one dedicated day. There was a time even for me when I used to defend these guys and give them the benefit of the doubt, but now it's obvious these guys have been stealing money from millions of people for a long time. I guess the ball has been in our court for quite some time now and we haven't made a move. Well...OWS has been doing a decent job so far raising awareness, but I don't see the movement gaining any significant momentum anytime soon.

Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
This has been stated several times already about the secret 7.77 billion bailout of Wall Street banks between 2007-2009, and how they made an additional undisclosed 13 billion profit from those secret bailouts, but that is just the tip of the iceberg!

It's 7.77 TRILLION not BILLION

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join