It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the world's heaviest insect.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I wonder what my cat would do if he found that instead of a cricket hopping around under the kitchen table.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I think the Weta bug is kinda cute in a buggy kinda way I wouldn't mind owning him sense he is harmless he would be a conversation piece in my liveing room Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
WOW! Now that is awesome. Time to bring back "That's Incredible" ('80's John Davidson, Fran Tarkenton...oops...dang I am old!) I hope that cute bugger is a vegetarian.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
there are alot of big guys like that here in costa rica...and I gotta tell you as much as I appreciate all animals...

they gross me out...

They like to surprise you, and fly at you out of nowhere and they do have a nasty little bite...no venom or anything they just pinch hard.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaolinTemple

My kittycats would hide

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

What a sweet pet
i bet that thing needs a leash and a litter box
maybe a chew toy?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Cover it in chocolate and he's good to go!
my thoughts exactly - wouldn't mind having those around when the shtf - could feed a couple of people -

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
this is crazy! Ive never heard of such insects. Im happy as long as we dont cross paths!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
no matter how i look at it, those are Zerglings bro, the swarm isn't far behind

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
WOW!

Just got to say:

New Zealand is the most brilliant country ever and we need tourists - especially after our earthquake in Christchurch.

I dare you to come here!

AND, we have the purest lake ever discovered in the world.

You can see 80 metres right down to the bottom!

In a very remote place.

So, come here and see an unspoiled world!

I sound like a tourist person - not true - just want people to see our amazing planet before it is wrecked by the polluters.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Every x amount of years what are referred to as "Mormon Crickets" emerge from the ground and completely cover the ground around Boise, ID. They are about a quarter the size of the Weta but still are big and juicy enough to become a hazard on the local highways. They cross in such numbers in certain areas that the roads literally become slick with their remains and frequently cause accidents. Gross!!!
(Not to mention the little demons ate an entire "college crop" from the side of a mountain years ago. I spent months lugging fifty gallons of water a half-mile uphill only to lose my precious relatives of the hop plant to these pests!!!)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

but..but there are like a million things in Australia that are a million times more horrifying than weta's. (basing this off of your location of course, I know this weta is NZ). You guys have like one of the most poisonous of everything. You have a poisonous octopus for God's sake.
edit on 2-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sweet Jesu with a feral hampster!!! If I found this thing in my house, I would set the house on fire. I would then wait for it to burn to the ground and find another way to set it on fire again. You could put a leash on that thing and walk it like a prize chihuahua!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join