It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is accidentally shot by his own dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

KSL.com reports the man and his dog were traveling in a canoe-like boat when the man stepped out into a shallow marsh to set up some decoys. His left his 12-gauge shotgun resting across the bow of the boat, according to Box Elder County Sheriff's Deputy Kevin Potter.

That's when the dog "did something to make the gun discharge," Potter said. "I don't know if the safety device was on. It's not impossible the dog could have taken it off safety."

Apparently excited to join his owner in the marsh, the dog jumped up on the boat's bow and stepped on the gun. The gun was fired, hitting the man in the buttocks with 27 pellets of birdshot.

Source

I could not help but have a laugh when I first read this,in the buttocks you say!?

It is a good thing the shot did not hit anywhere vital!
Gave me a smile & laugh.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This sounds exactly like something that would happen to Donald Duck.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
no offence normaly i never point out repets but in this case I posted this earler today .
Ps it is funny enough though to be posted twice lol
and yea theres no way you could have looked my tital up lol
edit on 1-12-2011 by xxcalbier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Fortunately, the dog knew how to operate a cell phone and dialed 9-1-1!

Second line: I'll bet this guy will never forget to keep the breech open again!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Call Cheney and tell him we found his dog...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Imagine that 911 phone call. "ya my dog shot me in the ass with my shotgun, please send assistance."

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ouch I bet that hurt lol
www.youtube.com...
I got shot in the Buttocks lol

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Funny story, but it is yet another reason why all firearms should be outlawed. I mean if a dog can start shooting up a place, we're in trouble. I hope a roving gang of pitbulls don't get wind of this and look for some AK's. Guns are obviously dangerous and dogs with guns even more so.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
Funny story, but it is yet another reason why all firearms should be outlawed. I mean if a dog can start shooting up a place, we're in trouble. I hope a roving gang of pitbulls don't get wind of this and look for some AK's. Guns are obviously dangerous and dogs with guns even more so.

Guns don't kill people, dogs kill people.... right? Dogs don't poop on lawns, poop poops on lawns? Er... guns poop on lawns? Wait, what were we talking about?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Without knowing the dogs intent the title is not accurate the title implies that this can be measured or decided.

Either way I doubt dogs would discharge guns on purpose so it's a stupid title whatever way you look at it.

Funny story nevertheless

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Sorry about that,this would be the second time I have done this today it would seem! lol.
I did search first but nothing came up.

It is quite funny

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is like the scene in the cartoon.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Ducks paid the Dog off. Mans best friend was turned and his loyalty compromised.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That's when the dog "did something to make the gun discharge," Potter said. "I don't know if the safety device was on. It's not impossible the dog could have taken it off safety."

Spoken like a true member of that side which has never so much as picked up a rifle, let alone operated one before. lol.... Yeah... Fido used his paw to slide down the top mounted safety as is so often found on shotguns. Heck, thats better than suggesting he actually used his nails to carefully press a lower trigger safety in just the right way before moving another nail into the trigger guard to give his owner a blast of cosmic justice. lol.....

I have to say it's more likely that the owner was another Rambo with a shotgun thinking he was entirely too experienced and well seasoned to bother with such trivial nonsense like safety's and empty chambers until it's time to settle in and prepare to fire.

I think the picture from the original story shows best how to react to this fool and his Karma delivered by his own dog.

Great story Op! S/F. It's not every day we get an educational moment on gun safety AND a great bit of comedy where no one actually died to bring it to us.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

MAN'S BEST FRIEND MY A$$!!!!!!

I hope my dogs don't hate me as much as this one did.....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I saw this on drudge last night and lol'd my gluteous off (after finding out the guy survived of course).

Had he died, I'm sure he'd been given a darwin award

And the Cheney comment, I thought that too!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I*D*I*O*T

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Well HIS ass actually

Maybe feed the dogs some extra liver tonight ? rofl

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectPerception

KSL.com reports the man and his dog were traveling in a canoe-like boat when the man stepped out into a shallow marsh to set up some decoys. His left his 12-gauge shotgun resting across the bow of the boat, according to Box Elder County Sheriff's Deputy Kevin Potter.

Apparently excited to join his owner in the marsh, the dog jumped up on the boat's bow and stepped on the gun. The gun was fired, hitting the man in the buttocks with 27 pellets of birdshot.

Source

I could not help but have a laugh when I first read this,in the buttocks you say!?

It is a good thing the shot did not hit anywhere vital!
Gave me a smile & laugh.

Hahahahh reminds me of a cartoon where some guy accidetnally shot his own butt lol.

top topics

join