It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic Channel show : The Truth Behind: UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hi everyone...
If you get a chance, tonight, Dec 1, at 10pm EST, watch The Truth Behind:UFOs on the National Geographic channel.

The show illustrates some of the historical UFO Hunting techniques and illustrates the need for education about Emergent Technologies. As some of you may know, my feeling is that new technologies can often be mistaken for UFOs and to that end for the production we illustrated how now commonly available technology can create "accidental" UFO sightings through a very dramatic demonstration.

Later in the show the producers wanted to tackle photo and video evidence so I was able to show how photos will catch unexpected, unseen-at-the-time objects that in most cases are ordinary objects caught in an extraordinary manner. This was good for MUFON as the Photo/Video Analysis segment I did was a MUFON credited segment. The presentation was balanced which was my biggest concern about it and producers and I made it clear that there ARE plenty of unexplainable UFO mysteries. I pointed one out myself as part of the segment although the image used of the one I felt was unexplainable may have turned out to be explainable. (Belgian Triangle). I can explain more on that at another time though because I have reason to believe Triangle craft DO exist, human AND otherwise.

Some of you know that I consider Emergent Technologies a high priority focus of outreach and education. I have discussed it at many symposia during talks about Photo Analysis or Exoplanets. In my view it is so important to understand our own very human capabilities so that ordinary people can discern between available HUMAN technology and perhaps something that doesnt match any known human technology. To that end I just finished creating a future symposium talk on the subject that will focus strictly on Emergent Technologies and how it affects UFOlogy.

So please do watch and comment...
Thanks,
Marc Dantonio

--------------------------------------
Chief Photo/Video Analyst
MUFON
--------------------------------------

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Is this what you are referring to?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
History channel? They wont tell you anything you should know, just what they want you to believe.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fxmodels

watched an episode where remnants of famous ufo crash debris were identified as acetate. doesn't sound alien to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Is it not possible to re-create a sighting to make it look like an every day object? If Mythbusters can create the Moonwalk in a studio then NASA should have been able to do that also.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fxmodels

Thanks for the heads up!

But I have to say that I have often left with a bitter taste in my mouth after watching National Geographic shows on UFOs.

They tend to go along with the governments agenda. And usually appear more on the debunking side rather than the Skeptic side.

I think it is good that they are trying to show us that technology today can account for most UFO sightings. But I fear they will not present the other side fully.
If the show cannot admit that genuine UFOs (anti-gravity/saucer craft) exist and write them off as human technology .....then I will once again leave with a bitter taste in my mouth.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Correct!!

It's like this Occult investigator was asked to investigate a picture with an alien looking creature in it but he dismissed it as an hoax because he did not believe in aliens. What a chop, just because he does not believe it they do not exist.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saltarello
History channel? They wont tell you anything you should know, just what they want you to believe.

Isn't that every channel?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

John Lear and the Bob Lazar hoax...nuff said.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

Originally posted by Saltarello

Isn't that every channel?

Yes, but if you just spill it all at once they may get stuck...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I must say, as a "fringe theorist," I respect the History channels efforts at discussing such topics. I am often impressed by how much "secret" information is placed forward by them, and yet....

They never actually SAY anything! You watch any Ancient Aliens and you will lose count of the times they employ terms like "according to Ancient Astronaut Theorists," and "some believe," "while OTHERs believe." They never actually present anything as a fact, nor do they adhere to any particular theory.

And of course, at the end of every episode, they must end by casting doubt and wonderment on everything portrayed therein. "Will we ever know whether blah blah..." and "We may never fully understand blah blah blah..."

Of course, this sort of "educated speculation" comes with the territory, and given the sensitivity of the material presented, I imagine the wording is very particular in order to avoid any legal repercussions.

Still... I always love to watch History channel alien and NWO stuff, because although I have to shake my head sometimes, many other times, I am actually taken aback with the information presented, the theories formulated and the sheer span of that greek guys hair-do.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
reply to post by BIGPoJo

John Lear

Is not a hoaxer, you should mind your language about things you do not understand

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

They never actually SAY anything! You watch any Ancient Aliens and you will lose count of the times they employ terms like "according to Ancient Astronaut Theorists," and "some believe," "while OTHERs believe." They never actually present anything as a fact, nor do they adhere to any particular theory.

That is true for most of what is said by ancient alien proponents, even if you look at guys like Erich von Daniken you will see that the title of Chariots of the Gods was "Chariots of the Gods?" with a question mark, he was asking and all he dose is show some evidence then state a question. as in, "look at this statue" is it a god? Or is it evidence of an ancient alien? Rarely will you see them come out and actually say that "THIS IS _______!!" about any particular object.
edit on 1-12-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
As said in South Park..

The History Channel, “Where the truth… is History”

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
reply to post by Aqualung2012

That is true for most of what is said by ancient alien proponents, even if you look at guys like Erich von Daniken you will see that the title of Chariots of the Gods was "Chariots of the Gods?" with a question mark, he was asking and all he dose is show some evidence then state a question. as in, "look at this statue" is it a god? Or is it evidence of an ancient alien? Rarely will you see them come out and actually say that "THIS IS _______!!" about any particular object.
edit on 1-12-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

That was the first book I read that made me follow this line of thought. I also spoke to Erich and Graham Hancock and Cynthia Hind from MUFON to name but a few and whilst they might not have said that "this is a .........., or that is a...........", they opened up your mind to the possibilities that there is something out there that has influence mankind in the past.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Originally posted by chrismicha77
reply to post by BIGPoJo

John Lear

Is not a hoaxer, you should mind your language about things you do not understand

Oh I understand alot, so mind your language! Now I'm not saying Lear is a hoaxer, but he was had by one.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Yes thats the youtube published version yep...Its in high def though and youtube's isnt. But yeah thats it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

I agree but one thing to understand about Nat Geo that I learned in this production and the one I just worked on in Dallas for an upcoming Discovery Channel show, Nat Geo demands verifications by multiple sources for anything that is put on the air. For things that cannot be verified they must remain as speculative. Other networks go for sensationalist approaches over factual approaches and allow that line to be blurred which is NOT a good thing to do. There are plenty of very interesting unknowns out there in the UFO arena. This show was actually refreshing to do.

To your point, you are correct, there is a tendency for the Nat Geo viewpoint to slant toward a more conservative stance which we would identify as a "government stance" but this particular show remained relatively balanced. The visual effects work I did on the show was to prove how technology can be indistinguishable from magic so to speak if sufficiently advanced or, as this show points out, if you havent SEEN it before.

I think it was pretty well done overall with the other show guests providing pretty balanced thinking.

Marc

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yes true... History is a propaganda for believers and seeing what this video is about National Geographic has shows with total clueless people who have nothing useful to back up with and just deny, so it is propaganda for amateur skepticism,, thats NG

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow.

Seriously? The truth behind UFO's won't be released/shown on cable tv. You think the people who actually are in charge of keeping this stuff secret would allow a tv network to release the truth?

The truth, will be kept secret by any means necessary. This is an advertising ploy, unless the executives at National Geographic want to conveniently end up missing before the holidays.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join