It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't Be Hypnotized? I Think I Know Why...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
...because your subconscious is a complete @$$hole.

I got into lucid dreaming because It's an incredibly powerfull tool for self progression, change, and enlightenment.
I wanted to initially use lucid dreaming, as in certain circumstances I suffered from anxiety, and hypnosis didn't work for me.

So learning that lucid dreaming connects you straight to your subconscious, proved to be another way.

The dream:

It wasn't sleep paralysis (which I've had) but I woke up in the dream unable to move, with double vision. I was in my room every thing looked reasonably normal.
Suddenly, loud bangs on the window from outside. I looked and could see movement.

Slowly my vision came to me completely, and I slowly gained control of my body.
I looked out of the window and was confronted by a giant being, which looked like a cross between Myra Hindley and the possessed girl from the exorcist. We stared at each other without speaking a word. I suppose I gained lucidity into some sort of nightmare.

Anyway, I remembered what I wanted to do, so I set the stage for a meeting with my subconscious.
I was in a type of bare warehouse dimly lit but not too shabby. I said aloud, "I want to speak with my subconscious." And was answered with, "OK, I'm coming."

Some upper level in the warehouse with stairs leading down, had a window leading on to the stairs. Behind the window I saw like a black/blue smoke, and a shadow of a man appear and through the door came a man, of about 40 years of age a bit rugged, but wearing a suit. Ok I thought, it could have appeared as anything, It's fine.

He came down the stairs, and we sat down on two separate sofas. I began telling him about the anxiety and how it can stop if he helped me.

He listens sincerely, and then goes on to say, "I'm not going to help, who cares, do you feel less a man, hahaha. I'm done here." And he walks away and back up the stairs.

I literally plead with him, following him, I couldn't believe part of me could act in such manner.
Then two body guards appear and block my way. Seriously It's my mind I could have destroyed these things, but I thought what's the point? My subconscious is part of myself, it's not even possible.

Not soon after, I woke up feeling gutted.

There you go ladies and gentlemen, the reason some of you can't be hypnotized is because your subconscious is a complete control freak. It likes power. It loves to dictate parts of your behaviour. It is stubborn to outside influence and suggestions and even some of your own.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
sounds like you were scared to give your subconcious a glascow handshake

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
some people are more programable than others.
derren brown does good on these subjects.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

You should have grabbed hold of your subconscious, beat the crap out of it made it your bitch and let him know who is in control.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000
sounds like you were scared to give your subconcious a glascow handshake

what is a "glascow handshake"

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here is a link to a video I watched in another thread. It's very spot on. Maybe there is something in this that will help your experience make more sense.

www.youtube.com...

I can't help but wonder if your subconscious' response was it responding to your ego asking it to change, when what needs to change is something else. It seemed like maybe your subconscious was insulted by the request, and the bodyguards were keeping you from harming yourself. Or maybe his response was disappointment. We're all here to learn. What do you stand to learn from the situation you wanted your subconscious to remedy for you?

I hope this helps.
edit on 1-12-2011 by BioStatistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
on the contrary people that are easily hypnotized tend to have weak minds, and are easily manipulated and tend to be very gullible.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

What the Scots call a head-butt.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I can't help but wonder if your subconscious' response was it responding to your ego asking it to change, when what needs to change is something else. It seemed like maybe your subconscious was insulted by the request, and the bodyguards were keeping you from harming yourself. Or maybe his response was disappointment. We're all here to learn. What do you stand to learn from the situation you wanted your subconscious to remedy for you?

I tend to agree with BioStatistic here, Maybe your anxieties are things you need to learn from and experience... I am not saying that is the case, but I would bet you could take and learn something from why your having this anxiety instead of trying to get rid of it, try to use it to your advantage.

Oh and I can't be hypnotized either I have tried many times, but I am getting into lucid dreaming I have done it on my own since I was 4 but I want to learn to control them a little better (: I'm hoping it will lead me to higher spiritual evolution.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Sarahraeann because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Some people are just more suggestible than others.

new topics

top topics

join