It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the Beef Writing Contest [WTB][Winners Announced]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

You were close.

Next time, perhaps?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
And the winners of the [WTB] writing contest are:

1st, with 96 flags:

Sorry babe, but you do have a penis... by 1littlewolf

2nd, with 23 flags:

The Lie That America Has Become by FissionSurplus

3rd, with 21 flags:

The Beauty of a Woman by ottobot

Congratulations all, on a fine contest. Lots of great stories were submitted and the response from the membership was very active.

Keep an eye on the Short Story forum for the next contest coming up within a few days, if not sooner.

Wow! I never win anything. And though it was a true story I haven't done any 'creative' writing since high school nearly 10 years ago. After such a positive response from this effort I will definitely be getting back into it.

I'd like to thank masqua for hosting the competition, everyone who flagged my entry and ATS in general. I am honestly completely overwhelmed.

This is the first internet forum I've ever participated in, at least in a serious way. Prior to this the most involved in a forum I ever got was some serious trolling on Yahoo Answers. But through a synchronistic sequence events I finally found in ATS a group of people who are not only interested in but more than willing to discuss all the weird and wonderful things that interest me.

Once again thank you all and I look forward reading and sharing stories with everyone in the future.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well done everybody and congratulations to the winners.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my story - your comments and stories were very much appreciated.

Thanks again Masqua for organising this - I'll look out for the next contest.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Firstly, congratulations to the winners, I've really enjoyed the stories I've read so far, some of my favorites didn't make the cut though unfortunately...

Although I had fun contributing & loved getting feedback on stuff I'd written I'm beginning to feel a competition that relies on the 'popular/majority' vote is not for me. See I don't listen to commercial radio except specialty show's like 'the hip hop hr' etc, I listen to internet radio stations usually only with another 300 people or so tuned in & I know that while there are less listening to what I am then there are people listening to gaga, as a musician I know what good music is...and it isn't gaga. I've felt similarly the front page & top threads parts of this site before and am beginning to see how it can relate to these competitions too... I know that point of view will taste unsavory to many of you but it's my truth not yours.

Peace & thanks for putting on this competition, I enjoyed writing for it..
-TF
edit on 16-12-2011 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I say all that contributed are winners. I enjoyed reading the various stories, but the stars and flags have been counted, so thank you to all for your stories.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Kudos to the winners!

Everyone did a great job writing. It was good to see so many entries. Special thanks to masqua for hosting the contest theme......

Next one in a few days? Can't wait.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join