It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASHBACK: Homeless Lady with 15 Kids: ‘Somebody Needs to Pay for All My Children’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Domestic violence is not part of this thread and obviously it struck a raw nerve.

It appears this thread is about accusing women of all life's ills. They fall pregnant all by themselves and going by your post only women commit domestic violence.

You want to start thread on the topic of DV? Go make one and I'll throw you some stats and information before you start pointing the finger.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shushu

I threw it in because sometimes we have to choose our battles wisely in regards to children. The article is too shocking to say the least but fact is there are alot more children out there who are getting ignored by the system while the media targets a homeless woman and her 12 children who are not being abused.

What the media is doing is rotten to the core and for what? Profit? What they do to the mother is one thing but what they're doing to these 12 children is just disgusting.

Because this woman of 12 children refused to tell a judge if she was pregnant or not, she got a night in jail. The couple who did this to their one month old baby got bail immediately.

I should had explained myself more clearly. But how more clear can you get than that?

edit on 3-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by guohua

Holding back my tongue out of respect for innocent children who have bums for parents.....Its ridiculous.
Those kids needs to be removed from her care....

And that is the answer. There should be a limit set for government help. If they continue to breed and can't afford it, the kids should be taken away - it's not the kids fault. Either that or government help beyond that limit should be contingent on them being sterilised - rather than forced sterilisation (that road is a slippery slope). It won't 100% fix the problem (we live in an imperfect world) but it would substantially cut down abuse of the system.
But let's not forget the fathers in all of this. It takes two to tango. What do we do about them?
edit on 3-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

What we need is a safe, effective male birth control pill/implant. Do you think those guy's wanted to father a ton of kid's? Men need more options, and more male centric reproduction education(makes sense to tailor education to the intended pupil). Because the problem with such hard lined stances is that people will fall through the cracks. Men, women but above all else innocent boy's and girl's will pay the price for such policies.

By educating and either pressuring the drug companies to make it affordable (perhaps even a Corporate sponsor program, like Budweiser or something), male birth control pills, is the only way forward in our goal towards effective reproductive strategies. It isn't the end all be all, but the current female centric reproductive policy isn't working. How could it though? It is like asking half as many support beams as required to hold up a heavy building. The current feminist inspired model is setting women up for failure and men up for disenfranchisement. Remember it is the children who suffer the most from hateful feminist policies*.

* As a disclaimer I also reject both Traditionalism(Conservative Matriarchy), as well as Fundamentalism(Conservative Patriarchy). Those are construct meant to restrain human animals. I reject the notion that we can only be human animals, and dare say we can be human beings. But it requires self reflection and basic 2+2=4 realizations. Dishonesty towards others and towards oneself is nothing more then the inner animal taking control. Be a Sentient Being, not a mindless animal.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The problem here with men taking male birth control pills is will they take them? How many sexually active men use condoms? There's your answer to the first question! Studies done says a majority of men will not accept the male birth control pill and are more prefertable to women taking it instead regardless of whether it is safe for them or not!

The 10 youngest of the 12 children share the SAME biological father. Why did'nt he just jump in for a an appointment and have a vasetomy after number 1, 2 or 3? Nothing was stopping him. His child support payments???? Go ask him how much he pays for all 10 of his kids! My bet is what he pays in CS per month does'nt even cover the full cost of bread or milk for one week! He sure aint stepping forth to share custody or take custody of his children, let alone any one of them!

You want to play this game too?

edit on 3-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Do you think those guy's wanted to father a ton of kid's?

They know what they are doing.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
BTW, forced sterilization or birth control is not the answer.

Like I said, the government and politicians created a problem they don't know how to fix.

I wanted to add, this women is a victim herself, I hope someday soon the poor wake up and see what their government has done to them.
edit on 013131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thats when the population of America step up to the plate and say enough is enough, we want you out of the White House, we want you all out of state politics, we're going to go back to basics and we're going to run our own schools and our own families!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thats when the population of America step up to the plate and say enough is enough, we want you out of the White House, we want you all out of state politics, we're going to go back to basics and we're going to run our own schools and our own families!

Can't disagree with that.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

IMHO she has been educated as I see it she has been taught if she squeezed another one out then she goes from a 1 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom house and her ready free cash and food stamps are increased..... and continued her lessons for a sum total of 15! No sum was not a spelling mistake but an attempt at humour as this thread tone is getting strange.

I talked to a young lady the last time I was in California and saw that she was in a family way, again, and by a different dad to which I asked why. Her reply was that she aborted a fetus that was same sex as the first child and this one is the opposite sex I was not ready for the reasoning. She proudly announced that she is now on the housing list for a two bedroom apt or house as it would be inappropriate for opposite sex siblings to be sharing same room. Boy is that a long term goal! I kid you not she was as proud of her future raise in benefits and living quarters as I was when I received my promotion between my two children. My promotion also advanced the quality of my company car and I remember looking in the mirror many times after I was told about my promotion to check that smile. It was the same smile as this 18 year old had..... I asked what her plans were when the children reach the point that benefits would be cut! This young lady had a plan and that was that her third child will come about when her eldest reaches 15 years of age! I have moved from California many many years ago and my brothers keep telling me that they worry that the welfare bill will bankrupt Ca soon.

So for all those who preach Education in this thread IMHO you missed the point, these people are educated on how to shake that free money tree and been doing for so long it is no longer a temporary solution to an economical problem for the parents but now is money owed by the system for the life style the refuse to earn.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

that they worry that the welfare bill will bankrupt Ca soon.

No doubt.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Well thanks for being consistent. It is refreshing to hear someone say that they believe it should go both ways. I however do not agree with you in either case, but I am able to respect the fact of someone not having double standards since it seems to often that many people do

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

Bravo!! (replying to your post on page 8)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

As for being a racist, Again Your Wrong about me.
I'm not going to answer all your Ridiculous Accusations in your post, That is a wast of time as you can see, Everyone ignored you anyway.
I will take a short moment to explain this to you,

crazy hoe

She was called that by her own Brother, YES, A Family Member Knows Her Much Better Than Any Of Us!
But of-course you didn't add that part in your Quote..... I did not Like Natalie Denise Suleman known as Octomom anymore than I Like Angel Adams.
You really want to see a Racist, Continue Looking In The Mirror, The Real Racist Is Looking Back At You!

Now You Will Continue To Be Ignored.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
if she owned a farm that would be ideal , but seriously people have to take responsibility for their actions..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Do you think those guy's wanted to father a ton of kid's?

They know what they are doing.

Obviously they didn't or they wouldn't have done it! Heck the educational system is so broken in regards to teaching boy's and young men, let alone African American guy's(they have to deal with blatant gender discrimination+ racism with a smiley face). And do you know these guy's? No you don't.

And the thing is with most condoms, you might as well be wearing a rubber sleeve that blocks all feeling. A lot of gal's project the fact that women forget and that women "stop taking it" onto guy's without just cause. Yeah sure there will probably be some guy's who fail to take it because of lapse of memeroy or because they want a kid. But all a gal needs in that case is a microscope+ oral or some other method aside for sex of some kind to verify if the pill is working or not. It is not that hard or difficult. And if a gal knows her bf is forgetful she can convince him to get the implant, or help him remember. Same with guy's who gal's can be forgetful about that kind of stuff.

We live in a society that holds men to an extremely high standard on the one hand, while also taking men's knee caps out and gleefully cheering "you go girl". And what does that say about how women(and some guy's) feel about women? Only a misogynist would think of women as so inferior that they shouldn't be held responsible for their actions. Because taking such a stance is basically saying "women are perpetual children".

Women are not perpetual children(well some adults are perpetual children but that is a different topic). Commonsense, as well as basic life experience in the job market should be enough to dispel such idiocy's.

And this isn't about "picking and choosing battles", it is about standing up for what is right and rejecting that which is wrong and bigoted.
edit on 4-12-2011 by korathin because: added second paragraph-

-------

Also, this link serves to dispel some of the myths being advocated by known male hating bigots.

www.mediaradar.org...

edit on 4-12-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You took a long while to get back here and typically avoided my last response to you after your last remarks!

Basically, you don't have an answer!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpusMarkII
if she owned a farm that would be ideal , but seriously people have to take responsibility for their actions..

That is actually a good idea. We need to get away from GM corporate farmers. An easy settlement for the harm GM crops have caused could be a simple civil asset seizure(taking precedence from the war on drugs, and war on drunk drivers. Since it was the land that grew the offending crops).

Have the land broken into two parts: People who want to become farmers, and people on welfare that will be made to be farmers or else they can no longer get any public assistance. Along with the proper education, they will by necessity pickup a half-somewhat work ethic+ their kids will be in a position of being removed from a bad environment(the ghetto's) and develop the life skills to be decent hard working folk.
edit on 4-12-2011 by korathin because: a "there" "their" error

P.S
This would only apply to physically able people. After so many years of proper and productive management of the land, the title would be given to them. Well transferred(still have to pay the deed transfer taxes.. death and taxes lol).
edit on 4-12-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Are you guys kidding me? The same people that want Ron Paul because he will take his hands out of your daily lives, the same people that denounce the TSA's extreme techniques used to search an individual. The same people who don't want the Illuminati's sterilization and decreased population programs. Want to stick their noses into this woman's life, saying that the government should forcibly put her in surgery to tie her tubes?! You can't have it both ways, when you have social welfare programs they are meant for everyone applicable, do I think she should stop having kids? Yes, of course. Do I think the government should put her on a surgery table, because they deem that she has to many kids that she can't support? No, that's not their place to decide that, and its not their place to tell an individual to become sterile. If anything there are plenty of planned parenthood clinics where she could get condoms or birth control. But seriously suggesting laws that an individual should have a limit on how many kids they can have, or forced vasectomy's. Say no to internet censorship because that hinders upon us, but say yes to forced vasectomies because we want the government to decide how many kids are acceptable in a household. That's exactly what your saying.

It stinks that she has this many kids and is homeless, however social welfare programs were created for this situation. You don't want to pay for her too bad, you have a job and pay taxes. Therefore you are paying for people to get food stamps, paying for underprivileged kids to have insurance, and paying for mother's to take care of their children. Social welfare is not a pick and choose program it is meant for all who need it, this lady needs thus she gets social welfare, Sorry, but its how the programs are set up. All in all, it is no ones place but a doctor to decide that this lady needs a vasectomy. She is collecting the money that was created for situations for this and thus can obtain said money. If you don't like social welfare programs that is your own deal, but she has done nothing wrong other than not using birth control. That being said, you and I both are not the ones to decide who gets to have kids and who doesn't. You don't wan't the government sticking their hands in your life, but you would gleefully like them to force surgery upon women with "too" many kids. Think about that, I don't want them touching me before I get on a plane, but I willingly give them the power to say how many kids is how many.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

There is a big difference between *needing* social welfare assistance....and abusing/using the program due to pure laziness, and entitlement state of mind.

I know it's not a pick and choose system....If I could I would choose to be able to afford insurance, instead my taxes pay for insurance for others.....I would NOT choose to be able to afford to sit on my butt and let others support me because there is a broken system in place that allows me to.

Need is one thing....lazy greed is another.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join