It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All Busdrivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
When on the bus today i noticed many elderly nearly falling over because the busdriver pulls out of the stop before they get to thier seats. sitting there i thought soon someone will get injured and at that moment an elderly man falls as the bus accelerates, the driver sees this in his mirror and continued as if nothing happened.
nearly everytime i catch the bus, someone falls over because of the drivers disregard for his elderly passengers.
now they have security cameras in the busses i'm convinced they try to make people fall on purpose to make a bloopers vid.

If i am on the bus when this happens in the future i will not complain again as this does nothing, i will attack you.
busdrivers be warned, im on to you.
well thats my first rant, was fun.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't think attacking the bus driver is a good idea .

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Just yell out for all to hear ...."HEY, smarten up! you're sudden accelerations are going to hurt people back here!"

Usually public embarrassment is enough to deter certain behaviors...accident or not.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Thats a good idea... makes me wanna be a busdriver just so i can do it to the little hoodlums and watch them fall. Thatd be histerical, id be that sketch busdriver from billy madison. haha man being a busdriver could have its perks

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
shouting at the busdriver only works until he gets to the next bus stop.
and half of them will not take critisism nicely.

i wouldn't attack them too violently, just a hardy whack to the head will make the point.
a busdriver who consistantly harms the elderly deserves to be attacked.

edit on 1/12/2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Not many folks realize, bus drivers are "bouncers who drive folks".
My uncle drove a bus route in south central Los Angeles for bout 30 years, the "good ole days".
He had many a story, but never a black eye.
Use extreme caution alice, or Bang Zoom to the moon!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Nobody forces you to ride the bus. It's not against the law to use your own vehicle.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

say that to the elderly who must use the bus network to get around.
doesn't matter if people depend on it or not though, not the point.
if you pay to use the bus you want to arrive unharmed.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

I understand your concern but they don't have ill intent on hurting old people. The reason that bus drivers get moving quickly again is because they are on a tight schedule. If they deviate from this schedule they pay dearly. Its the negative incentive that forces bus drivers to do this. Their options are get the route done on time or lose their job. Simple as that.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Bus drivers in London are terrible for this and generally just badly trained and rude. I say this even though my own brother in law is a London bus driver.

They do have to put up with a lot of abuse from customers on a regular basis however so they are usually just waiting for someone to cause a problem. As for the tight scheduling thing for some reason the major sin for a bus driver here is being early, the inspectors or "revenue" as they are called get more upset over that then if they are late.

I think the main reason they pull out of stops so quickly is because if they don't other drivers just won't ever stop to let them out and they would just sit at the stop all day with their indicators flashing. Theres general rudeness and aggression all around on the roads and they have to compete

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
i wouldn't attack them too violently, just a hardy whack to the head will make the point. a busdriver who consistantly harms the elderly deserves to be attacked.

That's assault and battery, a felony. Those cameras are installed precisely to record attacks on bus drivers, which happen all too frequently. I sincerely hope you're just trying to be cute and you really wouldn't follow up on such a plan. If you do, you will go to jail, deservedly so.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
im not a violent person really but after seeing a few near misses and one actual injury due to the git behind the wheel i would gladly slap a bus driver who deserves it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
im not a violent person really but after seeing a few near misses and one actual injury due to the git behind the wheel i would gladly slap a bus driver who deserves it.

What don't you get about this being a felony if you did such a thing? You're setting yourself up as judge and jury here, which you have no right to do, because you don't like how someone drives. I trust, first, that there would b witnesses on the bus who would testify in court as to your actions, and, two, that what we really have here is an incident of Internet bravado that wouldn't really take place.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

at that time i wanted to hit THAT busdriver, i don't care much for being an internet tough guy and i probably won't hit a busdriver (unless i felt it was needed at the time).
i was just having a rant (as is the name of the forum).
but i am seriously angered by the bus drivers in my town. you may think im just ranting, but people fall all the time in our busses due to the busdrivers.
im not against all busdrivers before i even get on the bus and have helped defend a busdriver because of an angered drunk on the bus in the past. but when busdrivers act and drive like a 17 yr old with a new car and a bad boy spoiler and when the bus' company does nothing regarding complaints people get pissed off.
i dont want to hit anyone now but i havent been on a bus driven by a git for a while.

new topics

top topics

join