It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Aids day - How can you catch HIV from a kebab?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
hello

this is a blog that was posted on a site i work for today which poses the excellent question "can doing something as simple as buying a kebab lead to HIV?"

A very good read by Terrence Higgens Trust Advocate Alan Parker.

Can a kebab give you HIV?

The answer is yes it can, but not in the way you think. For the solution as to why this might be, you need to think laterally.

There are many myths about the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV): You cannot contract HIV from toilet seats; sharing coffee mugs, shaking somebody’s hand, kissing them, or indeed ingesting a kebab.

read the blog here ... www.pinkmap.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

I could describe a few ways, but they wouldn't be TandC friendly.

Maybe a Op-Ed, "Will Kabobs replace Bananas as the new 'sexiest fruit'?"

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Wow! I read it, and that is extremely informative. I would have never guessed it could happen that fast.

I assume you aren't posting the relevant paragraphs here for a reason, so I won't spoil the surprise, but I learned something from the reading.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i think wayne gacy has the answer to that

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wow, didn't know that one.
Opps....I'm always eating sausage rolls while.......wait this could be taken a different way than intended....retreat!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Sex, education, food and humor - how could you go wrong?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Note to self: Stop eating sausages and kabobs while having sex.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Apparently it’s not widely known that any oil will damage latex, causing it to perish and fail, often breaking into several pieces, some of which can be hard to retrieve

Is it just me or is this a serious design flaw? Does this include the natural oils on your skin too?
What about hand moisturiser?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I thought it was already well known. That is the specific reason for products like KY instead of Vaseline. Vaseline will cause it to tear, but KY won't.

I never thought about chicken grease though, LOL!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Sounds like Sheepskin may be the best answer to this problem.

Edit to Add: Is it wrong to be eating lambchops while wearing a sheepskin condom?

Too bad Shari Lewis isn't around to answer this.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The only way that can happen is if your wife tells you that is how she got it!!

P.S. DON'T BELIEVE HER.......

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well I knew that certain types of oil based lubrication were meant to be avoided, but didn't realise it was quite as dramatic as how the article describes it

edit on 1-12-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

The only way that can happen is if your wife tells you that is how she got it!!

P.S. DON'T BELIEVE HER.......

When someone believes a crazy excuse like that, it is because they know they are equally guilty. If you ever give your wife some lame excuse, and she buys it, then you know she is just as guilty as you, and she doesn't want to get to the bottom of the issue. The truth might come out, LOL!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well I knew that certain types of oil based lubrication were meant to be avoided, but didn't realise it was quite as dramatic as how the article describes it

edit on 1-12-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Ya, me neither. I generally ignore all those warnings. I didn't think it could make any difference in a matter of minutes?

You know we gotta try it now though!! I'm getting some greasy fingers, putting condoms over my head and feet and everything the article describes, LOL!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yup, most hand creams would cause the same problem, and can cause damage to condoms or even diaphragms. I think lots of people don't know this - even though we had pretty thorough sex ed in the 90's, they never mentioned this. I think lots of younguns probably wouldn't think anything of lubing a rubber with moisturizer, which they may have used for other similiar purposes...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Very very informative and simple.

Thank you for sharing this. Something so overlooked and potentially life changing should be read and understood.

Let us hope that some of the future eaters will adhere to the findings and wash their hands prior to condoming. Can condom be a verb? It is now

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the feedback people
ill make sure Alan knows !

I , like you all found it a suprisingly good read, when i first heard what the blog was titled i thought it was a scarmongering type blog, but i was wrong and what we got was some very simple , obvious yet to me, and probably most other people it is that something simple and obvious we just never thought about!

Please feel free to take a look at Alans other bogs , and also blogs from our tech writer Chris Jones

www.pinkmap.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Very interesting.

I always knew about oil based products such as vasaline, hand creams, baby oil and the like were bad for condoms. But, i never knew about fatty foods.

The thing is, as noted in the article.

The students blow the condoms up, tying a knot to hold the air in. The next instruction, to get their fingers right into whatever is on the plate in front of them, gets moans from some, others gamely diving into the crisps or the sausage. The final direction, to rub their fingers all over the condom balloon, creates hilarity among the spectators as their peers wrestle with the expanded latex. After 30 seconds or so the condoms start to burst, with screams from some of those watching. For trivia fans, the baby oil condom ruptured first, closely followed by the ones with butter, sausage roll, lipstick and, after several minutes, the packet of crisps was the final condom to burst.

In the little experiement, they went striaght from touching the foods, to touching the condoms. Normally most people who have just eaten greasy foods would wash thier hands straight after. Well, i know i would, although some would just suck thier fingers then wipe their hands on their jeans. Would this have a different effect?
Did they try the experiment with them wiping their hands with a dry cloth after fingering the foods, then trying it again with rinsing their hands with cold water (without soap) and then hot water (without soap) to see if the outcome was different.
Also, what about oil based soaps?

Originally posted by davespanners

Is it just me or is this a serious design flaw? Does this include the natural oils on your skin too?

Good point

It's been a while since i've read the insert in a box of condoms. Does anyone know if these things have been listed as a warning on the leaflet?

edit on 2-12-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

very good point on the finger sucking / wiping, i will have to ask alan although i know what im like when im drunk, and its quite possible i just wouldnt think that i ate a greasy kebab 20 minutes prior ... i would be too busy getting busy LoL.

new topics

top topics

join