It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
though the flip side of being the furthest away from him, it we are about to be the closest.. lol

If only it was as easy as being physically near...too bad its our souls that have to come back to our bodies, not our bodies to a building.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
i for one would like to know just how much wealth gets willed to the catholic church every year [tax free?] from peoples estates all across the world....a ballpark figure will do. i don't think it's a small amount.

even today dying people are sometimes advised to give huge amounts of money to the church to show the good lord they're worthy of going to heaven.... a large expensive house in my old neighborhood was willed to the church that way. guilt and fear are very lucrative aren't they

for CENTURIES there have been tithes and indulgences paid into the church coffers...... a lot of this goes to worthy causes, but a lot of it stayed put too. in short, it's a lot like a wealthy family with a tremendous trust fund paying out to everyone. not good or bad, but we "little people" like wondering about just how much they've got in the old war chest.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Amelia,
True I think that he is sad how many sects broke from the Church because of their human reasons and motives. The Catholic Church has the full revelation of Jesus Christ and keeps His teachings fully.

Careful though to deny sin and evil and hell because this is what the Devil wants us to do. Be wary. Satan is real and is looking for souls all the time to get back at God. His greatest illusion is to make people believe he doesn't exist and he is succeeding.

May I inquire as to what this "full revelation" is that the Catholics know, yet the other sects are clueless about? I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with the Catholic Church keeping Jesus' teachings fully. Please show me where Jesus taught of indulgences. My mother was Catholic for a time and I attended a Catholic highschool, and most of the people (not all) seemed to have a "holier than thou" attitude.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Paul,
The Catholic Church has been around for almost 2000 years, it won't go anywhere, it will be here until Chirst comes back.

Don't,
Here are some facts by the way:

"In 1900 just over 10% of the total grain grown worldwide was fed to animals; by 1950 this figure had risen to over 20%; by the late 1990s it stood at around 45%. Over 60% of US grain is fed to livestock."

This is from prof Smil's book "Feeding the World: A Challenge for the 21st Century"

"The global figure for waste from industrial livestock systems is in the region of 8 billion tonnes per year."-DEFRA Farm waste and manures.

These wastes can leach into the underground water tables and it could help the bad algal to grow which depletes the oxygen in the water and adds bacteria which in turn can hurt marine life.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Now this is my kind of thread!!!

But alas, I cannot participate at this time, as someone has just 'interfered with' me, and now I must sleep.

Real good too. Damn. Love that interference!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Dez,
"May I inquire as to what this "full revelation" is that the Catholics know, yet the other sects are clueless about?"-your quote

The Church has been around fro nearly 2000 years. Protestant sects around 500 or so years. How many Protestant sects are there? A whole lot. How many Catholic Churches are there? Just one. Protestants broke from the original Church for human motives and goals, they didn't give the Church a chance to reform and were impatient, and broke off.

Why isn't there one Protestant church? Why so many sects? It is because of people's own private revelations and interpretations which they had no authority to proclaim, more on this latter. Some sects do away or belittle the Sacraments (part of the revelations of Jesus). Jesus gave us all of the Sacraments of the Church except marriage (marriage is blessed by God and between an man and a women, a covenant). The sects can't agree on anything and it seems if things get tough, they bail and make their own "church". No continuity.

I see it as the Catholics have the full stain glass window while our Protestant brothers and sisters have the same stainglass with little opaque pieces inserted in key spots.

The Catholic Church is active in ecumenism and it is a top priority for the Church.

It is "an organic part of her life and work, and consequently must pervade all that she is and does"-That All Be One.

I acknowledge, respect, and praise what we have in common with the Protestant sects. We all have faith in one God,his Son, and the Holy Spirit. We believe the Bible is the living word of God. We both believe in the power of prayer,grace, hope, and love. We have baptism and we commemorate the Lord's Supper, we work for the coming of the kingdom and we strive to follow God's morale laws. Protestants are saved by their faith and baptism, they are my brothers and sisters in God.

There is a wounded unity in Christ. This happened because humans chose and still choose to preach their own message instead of heeding to the Gospel call of the Lords to repentance and service. The Holy Spirit can bring about things that us humans can't and we are united together in the love of Christ. We stand together as a beacon in a world searching for the Truth, if we aren't united we will fall.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with the Catholic Church keeping Jesus' teachings fully. Please show me where Jesus taught of indulgences."-your quote

Protestants don't believe in confessions or Purgatory as Catholics do. Indulgences link to the Sacrament of Confession. I'll give you link about indulgences for you to read: www.catholic.com...

and another link dispells the myth about them:

www.catholic.com...

Let me know if it explains it to you, and if you don't understand I'll try to break it down to you.

"My mother was Catholic for a time and I attended a Catholic highschool, and most of the people (not all) seemed to have a "holier than thou" attitude."-your quote

I'm sorry to hear this about the attitudes. By concentrating on Jesu and letting go of these attitudes on both sides we can be the beacons of light in this world as we are called to be.

Peace.

[edit on 10-14-2004 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I respect you, I respect everyone on ATS

RELIGION, catholics or any other are a big organization that is controled by the elite to create chaos!!!! It's the dark forces....they want us to FIGHT over religion to create WARS and they want us to argue about this to keep us away from GOD and the real unconditionnal love

ALL religion have the same BASE, just some stupid details are differents

You have to believe in GOD, in your soul, be spiritual and learn what the masters teached us many years ago! Like Jesus or Boudha....they were only higher spirits in human body

The rest is NOT IMPORTANT! The rest is a way of control

LOVE yourself, LOVE others and beleive in "the powerful source" that is checking on us everyday through our souls

U R here to learn.....

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join