It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret recording of TSA threatening passenger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I personally believe that the guy who was being detained was in his legal right to not answer any of the TSA agent's question. Of course, I could be wrong so don't flame me. So guys what do you think of this recording?

edit on 1-12-2011 by KySc5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's funny how folks speak of rights.
If you are travelling in my vehicle, you have the right to get out.
Otherwise, do as I say when I say.
Folks just don't get that.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Sorry to burst your bubble, but even taxi drivers can not do what you describe. Which is what an airliner is....a big taxi in the sky.

Please show me where a taxi driver can do what he wants when he wants while having a passenger in his vehicle.

It's called passsenger rights.

dctaxi.dc.gov...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am by no means a legal expert but I always assumed any kind of law enforcement have to read you your rights before asking questions or something?

At least try and make it clear where the "suspect" stands would be the least they can do...

They seemed to be everything but open and honest about what is going on.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

well, now wouldn't that take a different tone if you had control of every single car in the country?
and that " do what I say" part included letting you place your hands on every single passengers crotch?

Now what if I controlled all the cars and YOU needed to travel...spread em charlie.. or get out and walk.. after the goon squad shakes ya down like a criminal.

Yeah.. SOMEONE doesn't get it.. but it isn't us.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Exactly.

My response to the officers would be "Am I being detained?"

If the answer is yes, then I say:

" I will not answer your questions without these 2 things:

1. You reading me my Miranda rights

2. My lawyer being present."

If the answer was no, then I say good day and good bye.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I have my own vehicle so I'm not dependent on power tripipng "do as I say" people to "travel". Unfortunately even if I were to go the extreme lengths to get my own aircraft I would STILL have to succumb to the TSA...

the analogy you used isnt very accurate.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
what are the main laws you should know when dealing with these thugs?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It seems some have misread me.
I did say, and I quote...

What I did not say was I can rape, pillage, or plunder.
If you do not care to do what they say, you do not have to give them your business.
It is simple as that.
A taxi driver may tell you to "get the **** out of my cab, voiding the verbal contract they have with you.
It is a very good thing that I am not the owner of every car, as nobody would ride at all for any price.
But if travel was necessary for me, I'd either get my own vehicle or work abit closer to home.
You know, there are folks who own their own planes and do not deal with TSA.
You have the right to not be searched, just not in my vehicle.
If this does not sit well, go in the other guys vehicle who will not search you or get your own.
BTW, the other guy searches too.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Really, I know people that park their planes in their garages.
There is a whole neighborhood near Sacramento that is made for this.
The neighborhood street is a landing strip.
So, where is the TSA there?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Law Enforcement has the right to "detain" anyone on reasonable suspicion for up to 20 minutes. They also have the right to detain you for longer if they believe they have probably cause to do so.
They also have the right to ask you questions.

You have a constitutional right not to answer any question that could incriminate yourself to anything.

What most people don't understand is they DO NOT have to read you your rights if :
1.They are not going to question you
or
2. You are free to go at any time while answering questions.

It sounds like this guy WAS free to go up to a point. He just wasn't free to get on board an airplane.
His continual refusal to answer questions did however give officers the cause they needed to detain him further....take him to the station.

He finally admitted they were campaign funds and he was free to go and board the plane.

So with what we know....he DID NOT have to answer the questions legally, but he did have to answer them in order to get on the plane.

Honestly...in my opinion...it sounds like this guy was looking to start a fight for some reason or another.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Not surprising at all.

Last time I flew I wore a Shirt with "morroco" on it in english and Arabic, just to mess with the racist TSA.

Needless to say they picked my bag out, they asked "is this your bag" "yup" then the TSA agent looked to the other one and said "ok it's this one" as if whose bag it belonged to should have mattered.

They searched it for like 5 minutes straight, of course I had nothing [snip]

The funny thing is, Morroco was actually THE first country to recognize the United States' sovereignty. Another Irony is that allegedly Al' Quada bombed the a cafe in the marketplace I bought the very same shirt from months after I was there, I would be the last person to be a terrorist.

Oh well.
edit on 1-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

EXACTLY!

So what is the max amount of money we can legally travel with without being harassed? This is crazy...what a bunch of aholes.

NEXT STOP: gas chamber.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I didn't hear very much threatening, except by the first tsa.

He had every right to ask those questions, and to receive an answer.
The tsa did handle it a bit heavy handedly, but nothing extreme in the recording.

Obviously the tsa agents do not know the law, that is why they couldn't answer his question.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100

EXACTLY!

So what is the max amount of money we can legally travel with without being harassed? This is crazy...what a bunch of aholes.

Well $10,000 is the maximum legal amount you can either take out of or bring into the country without filling out lots of paperwork as to why you need to remove to bring in that much cash.

As for anything else....there isn't a set amount as far as I know.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Read the agreement on your ticket, when you buy your ticket you agree to all this crap. Blame yourself for not taking the time to read, if you don't like it don't take a plane.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Has the TSA actually thwarted any terrorist plots with all this security?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by absentee

www.slate.com...
From Nov. 8 to Nov. 14, for example, agents found six "artfully concealed prohibited items" and 11 firearms at checkpoints, and they arrested six passengers after investigations of suspicious behavior or fraudulent travel documents.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

Originally posted by absentee

www.slate.com...
From Nov. 8 to Nov. 14, for example, agents found six "artfully concealed prohibited items" and 11 firearms at checkpoints, and they arrested six passengers after investigations of suspicious behavior or fraudulent travel documents.

A bottle of shampoo in my bag that I forgot is an "artfully concealed prohibited item".

Does that make me a terrorist?

Again...the question is: Has the TSA actually thwarted any terrorist plots with all this security?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I really love how you focus on the 6 sealed items but ignore the 11 guns. But the TSA is not there to "thwart terrorist plots" they are just there to ensure the safety of the flight.
edit on 1-12-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join