It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me: So I Can Understand...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I've been wanting to make this video for quite some time now. But it took some very recent events for me to finally do it. I've spent the last few days working on this. While it's still not exactly where I'd like it, I'm gonna release it anyway.
This covers a wide range of events from September 11th all the way through some of the OWS protests. I made this for me mostly, but also as sort of a pep talk to everyone here on ATS. For everyone who watches it and protests anything. For anyone who stands up for what they believe in. For anyone who refuses to buy ANY official story without some hard facts.

Please watch the entire video though to get the full message. I will tell you it starts out with an excerpt from Ronald Reagan's farewell speech. But it goes in many different directions. I try to pull it all together in the end with what I think everyone needs to do in today's world.

You may not like Reagan, but listen to his words, because some of what I present rings true for so much of what is happening today. I also use a quote from Bill Clinton to try and "tie everything up" in the end. I'm honestly not sure how he meant it when he said it, but I know and explain how I take it.

The whole thing is set to music from what I feel is a very relevant song. I wish I could support the artist and tell you to go buy the song if you like it, but alas...it is not in print any more. So without any further rambling from me....here is my interpretation of today's world set to Tell Me, by Terry Kath.

Haters gonna hate. But at least give me the courtesy of watching the whole video before you bash me for something in it!

edit on 1-12-2011 by webpirate because: spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Very good video. Loved the soundtrack and the pictures, very emotional!

We the people.

I sincerely hope it will be like that again soon.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Good video, thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So often it is art that speaks and reflects collective truth like no other, so thanks for the presentation and encouragement.
We the people....

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ill check it out and make a comment as to the video when i get a chance to watch it at home

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

One of the biggest things I took out of this was

We the people tell the government what to do.
It doesn't tell us.

A reminder for all of us today. Especially the government itself!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Nice video. The song fits nicely, and the message is loud and clear.

You're right, though...I never liked Reagan, and hearing him say those words, while I know he was setting up the disaster that we are now "enjoying", chaps my hide a bit.

Other than that, liked the vid a lot. Excellent!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
ok i like your video,i will stand it in my german webside for a while,its a private webside in the moment but i have over 30000 visitor there and over 10000 friends mabye they like to look at it also;
www.7just7.com...
after few minits i will place your video and i make my webside for few days open to the public.tanx

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
We the people

Nice video, enjoyed it's message very much.
Especially the 'We the people tell the government what to do'.,
That has been lost lately, so sad.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
As a youtube video, its one of the better ones. I'll s n f you on this because its worth watching.

"A long time ago, I lost empathy and sympathy. Sometimes I realize this and wonder whats wrong with me, then I look at the news..." - Anonymous

I do like that you focused on the PEOPLE and at least a current President that worked towards them (as opposed to them).

WE THE PEOPLE (its all caps for a reason!) of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union (as in we know its not perfect, but its better than what most have), establish Justice (boy I wish it wasn't JustUs these days), insure domestic Tranquility (we are kind of there, we are zombies/sheeple for the most part, I refuse to believe this is what they meant though), Provide for the common defence (for some reason the document I am copying this from has it spelled this way) ,promote general Welfare (I don't think this has to do with entitlements, I think it has more to do with establishing a country that is free from coercion, from the arbitrary power of other men), and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

We do need to remind TPTB that this REPUBLIC was founded and established by and for THE PEOPLE!

We do have too many people that need help, of course go back to when churches were used in town halls and you had people helping each other out (at least those that needed a hand up and not looking for a hand out) a lot more of that then (don't tell me its just a numbers thing, I know we had less people overall back then).

I'm sick and tired of this "The government is Mother, the government is Father" mentality. Its a necessary evil that must be kept in check (I was complacent before I became educated and woke up.) btw I'm having my son read the declaration and preamble to me, we will get further, I'm trying to beat the drum WE THE PEOPLE into him first

/end rant- Hopefully I didn't hijack/misdirect that wasn't my intention

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
good video buddy,made me a bit emotional.some parts were a bit obscure ,but over all it was cool.
the reagan parts i didn't dig,every one knows he has people to write that stuff for him. P.R. bullsh*t to wrile up the american sheeple to trust their gvmt.
'yes we are doing what is best for you,watch your step when you enter the cattle car'!!!!!!!
don't get ready,be ready! its coming

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Nah...it wasn't sidetracked or derailed. You just helped sum up some more of what I was thinking.

I wanted to focus on positive. There are A LOT of negative things in the video, so I wanted to try to make something positive out of it.

Even little things like the guy alone on some random small town street named Wall St. with a sign that says "Where is every body" !!!. A little humor never hurts anything!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Pretty to the point and a surprisingly good video.
I really liked that it was more of a message of hope rather than hate.
I was also pleased that it was not a foreboding soundtrack, nor was it rap.

Good stuff Brother.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

the reagan parts i didn't dig,every one knows he has people to write that stuff for him. P.R. bullsh*t to wrile up the american sheeple to trust their gvmt.

Yeah...some people love Reagan, some people hate him. It wasn't him I was trying to focus on so much as the words he was speaking. No matter who wrote them. He does have a great delivery though. The words he spoke reminding us the US Constitution is different from most others because it tells the government what IT can do, not the other way around.

The problem is...the government has forgotten that. We have to continually remind them over and over. Because if we don't, our "freedoms" might well just fade off into obscurity.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I was also pleased that it was not a foreboding soundtrack, nor was it rap.

lol....yeah. I have always wanted to do a video with that song. There were a lot of different songs that could have fit, but this song has been one of my favorites for many years. Since I first heard it. So there was no question when thinking of this video which song I was gonna use.

Just a small piece of trivia....the singer, Terry Kath, was described by none other than Jimmy Hendrix as the best guitar player he had ever heard. Too bad there isn't any guitar in this song...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

well as a canadian,up here the sheeple and the government just bumble around,and no one knows whats happening! but crazy as that sounds,it seems to work!
its one of the best country in the world right now to live.
government,finance,housing,employment etc......,were doing ok.
ya we have our problems but overall were ok. FOR NOW!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

And free healthcare too ehh?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Actually upon leaving office I believe most presidents have an opportunity to say to the public, "Oh my God, what have I done"!
I believe they are "lame duck" and are no real threat to the system anymore.
I think this applies to a few but none more than Dwight D. Eisenhower.
There have been others who have spoken to us on central banks, as well as some presidents who never got an exit speech.
I really want to know what John F Kennedy would have told us.
If I could speak to a number of presidents after the fact and with total disclosure, what would they "Tell Me"?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by reficul

I really want to know what John F Kennedy would have told us.
If I could speak to a number of presidents after the fact and with total disclosure, what would they "Tell Me"?

I think most all of us would like to know what else Kennedy had to say about lots of things!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

ya,you just have to wait in a hospital 12-14 hours to get it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join