It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do i find the Mind of a madman so Fascinating.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What brought me to ATS back in 2008 was a brush with psychosis due to an improper discontinuation of a prescription medication that happened around 06. (stopped cold turkey....do not do this)

The perceived reality i experienced during that time(only one week) was terrifying but latter i realized just how awesome and unforgettable of an experience it was even though it was tainted with residual effects such as PTS. Years latter i still wonder what was real and just madness. The things i saw, heard, tasted and felt go beyond anything i can verbalize. I always wished i had written down step by step what i perceived had happened to me....what i thought....and what i "experienced." It would be a mind blowing book or movie.

Why is it that a trip to the land of psychosis always involves, Secret Services/Societies, Unseen reality and agendas, Us vs them, Spirit world, encryption and codes, symbols, art work and so much abstract everything....everything had some sort of deep alternate meaning. And no i had never ever thought this way or had been exposed to these ideas before. So where did this epic mind blowing many level cryptic saga come from?

To come back to "reality" i was placed in a hospital and the doctors put me back on the meds i had abruptly stopped.....i then tapperd gradually over the course of 2 months and have been mostly the sane ever since

except for the haunting, most fantastic mind trip that could ever be imagined. It opened my mind to a lot of alternative things..... i still think that i was exsposed to some sort of hidden reality.

Because of my experiences i had to research it....and yes this is a common theme with sycosis, schizophrenia ect.

Have you been there?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

I haven't been there, but I do have something to say:

What we perceive as normal disgusts me. You can easily describe someone as crazy, insane or abnormal. But what is the definition of a normal person? Scientists, doctors or whoever made up these names (schizophrenia, paranoia) that we have been trained to automatically look at as "not normal" to make this entire Earth home to a limitless army of slaves working off fake debt to banks makes me sick.
In your mind you could feel free & feel happy, but when another person isn't in that state of mind or when that person says its not normal, society labels as wrong. (Not talking directly to you
I kind of went on a rant) But do you get what I am saying? Thats why life is so boring now. 4-5 billion people doing the same thing everyday, in the same way everyday. Everything that lets your mind view different reality is so called 'wrong'. I hate that.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I don't think I've been there.... though I have had times in my life of a lot of strange events occuring and what seemed like a heightened psychic awareness, just not to the extent you seem to be describing. Perhaps it was some "light" psychosis?

But I wonder if it isn't just because the nature of the subconscious is one of symbols and images, metaphor and analogue, which gives the impression of a deeper layer to reality, packed with meaning all the time, everywhere?
So if you start having the subconscious being more conscious, it can be something like Alice entering Wonderland.

I have often considered the possibility that part fo enlightenment, or the process of bringing the subconscious to light, doesn't automatically entail going a bit crazy sometimes, for that reason? That would explain why it is a difficult thign to do, and why some simply avoid it (it becomes perfectly valid to avoid, in fact).

Our myths and stories going way back repeatedly speak of magical forests or caves, haunted castles and lands, in which a hero must enter and brave many challenges and the risk of never being able to get out again. This sure sounds like the process of uncovering the self and exploring the depths, in which what things are, they aren't, and what they aren't, they are!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think psychosis and schizophrenic behavior have something to do with unseen forces and symbolism because of their nature. Secret societies and multi-layered meanings to symbolism both exist. And both have existed for thousands of years. It is when people start thinking that these unseen forces have taken an unwarranted interest in them that the problems start and suddenly "They" are everywhere, following, monitoring, etc. Compound this with the plethora of stories and accounts of people disappearing or ending up dead for "knowing too much" and you have yourself a wonderful cocktail for psychosis.

When I was studying psychology, we were told that what a schizophrenic person hallucinates is very real to them. That as far as they are concerned, what they hear or see actually EXISTS. The fact that very few (if any) others witnesses their hallucinations is what separates fantasy from reality. The problem I have with this is if reality is subjective according to the individual, then who are we to say what is real and what isn't? We all agree on the concreteness of the physical world. We have to. Other than that, everything else is suspect. If someone says they see a fairy riding a flying purple unicorn who are we to tell them different? Unfortunately, schizophrenic obsessions often lead down dark paths and the person ends up hurting themselves or others. It's a fine line.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Is the society we live in sane? So to be sane in this society you have to be insane.
If you see the truth and tell a health offical they will lock you up. You can not be trusted because you have seen through societies lies and you might shake others free and then the society will topple.
That is what is happening, the structures are breaking down. It happened in Rome after Jesus told his message, the message is being spread thick and fast now.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

A phrase I read inside of a fortune cookie (eheh yes it is from there it came) is the following: The wise learns more from the ignorant than the ignorant learns from the wise.

It is a possibility of an answer to the main question of your topic.

Just to make you considering,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I think th reason some people find the deluded mind so interesring is that if they themsevles were unknowingly locked in suh a cage that a key could be found.

No one wants to think that our perceptions are permanent and immovable by the truth whatever that may be.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
"Secret Services/Societies, Unseen reality and agendas, Us vs them, Spirit world, encryption and codes, symbols"

If those are the symptoms of mental illness then just about everyone on ATS needs to be locked up.

But I think it's like LeftySinister said, its's when these elements take an unwarranted interest in you that it becomes a problem. I guess with mental illness your mind finds anyway to justify the thoughts it has, and if there is no obvious explanation for them then it ascribes them to an unseen reality..

Glad to here your more or less better

People have a fascination with the deluded mind because it is seen as being free from the shackles humanity has placed on thought. And maybe this is right.....
edit on 1/12/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
"Secret Services/Societies, Unseen reality and agendas, Us vs them, Spirit world, encryption and codes, symbols"

If those are the symptoms of mental illness then just about everyone on ATS needs to be locked up.

But I think it's like LeftySinister said, its's when these elements take an unwarranted interest in you that it becomes a problem. I guess with mental illness your mind finds anyway to justify the thoughts it has, and if there is no obvious explanation for them then it ascribes them to an unseen reality..

Glad to here your more or less better

People have a fascination with the deluded mind because it is seen as being free from the shackles humanity has placed on thought. And maybe this is right.....
edit on 1/12/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

Once again another wise quote..."People have a fascination with the deluded mind because it is seen as being free from the shackles humanity has placed on thought. And maybe this is right"

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It seems to me a bit like how they let prisoners out for an hour a day.
Most people spend their lives repressing their psychological disgust and those disgust in peoples minds can be deadly.
edit on 1-12-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join