It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legitimate Paranormal Experience or OCD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A couple of days ago I started using Setting 3 on my biotuner. It delivers electricity to acupuncture points behind the ear and putting you in certain states of mind (excitement, calm). Well, after using setting 3 for 20 minutes ("Schumann Resonance") I felt weird in the tub. The Schumann Resonance setting is supposed to put you in a meditative state. My mind started coming up with really bizarre thoughts that i can't describe.I felt like a voice that was mine but not under my control telling me that the next month would be very challenging and I should be strong. Now I feel like this voice is protecting me throughout random times in the day. Am I having a legitimate paranormal experience or just OCD? Keep in mind I was diagnosed with OCD 10 years ago but haven't felt it in some time.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
No offense.

If you're already that far into "alternative" subjects, I think it's probably a short hop to believing a voice is telling you things and protecting you.

I guess I'm saying it's all in your head.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I suppose that I could be wrong, but I have never heard of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder causing someone to 'hear voices' like you describe. I think you may be confusing OCD with schizophrenia. As far as your question is concerned, though, I highly doubt it is anything paranormal either. Seeing as how this occurred right after you were trying to put yourself into a meditative state, I would think that is probably what happened. You could have simply entered a state of meditation that seemed stranger or more intense than you are accustomed to. /shrug

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yeah, I've never heard of someone with ODC hearing voices.

I would say to just go with it, as long as you feel protected and positive. When the voices start feeling negative you should probably seek professional help. Also, please don't be one of those people who walks around talking yourself... just because you can hear the voices doesn't mean everyone else can

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

Vaehne, are we sisters?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I should have been more clear. I don't actually hear the voice like I think a schizophrenic would. It's more like the voice of my conscience but it doesn't seem like I'm making it up or actually directing it. Hope that's s little clearer

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by timi0000

Yup, that's clearer.
Well.... Maybe you just discovered your inner voice

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

What does the voice say?

False auditory hallucinations: Due to ear-damage (where you shouldn't be able to understand the voice clearly).

Auditory hallucinations: Where you can understand the voice clearly. (Schizophrenia).

Rare 1 time: If it's a 1 time event, or a *rare* event, maybe 2, 3 times in your life, (Where you can understand the voice), it is less likely to be Schizophrenia, and more likely to be an actual paranormal experience.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

What does the voice say?

False auditory hallucinations: Due to ear-damage (where you shouldn't be able to understand the voice clearly).

Auditory hallucinations: Where you can understand the voice clearly. (Schizophrenia).

Rare 1 time: If it's a 1 time event, or a *rare* event, maybe 2, 3 times in your life, (Where you can understand the voice), it is less likely to be Schizophrenia, and more likely to be an actual paranormal experience.

Right now I'm struggling with an issue my life. The voice will tell me when the negative feelings are about to be amped up. For instance, today in the car I was about to get out and the voice told me to stay put. My mind was about to become very turbulent and things would be worse if I started moving. Sure enough I started feeling a little uneasy, then the voice said to recline in the drivers seat, it would make me feel better. After less than 10 minutes the voice said I could get up and start walking that they would do everything they could to assist me throughout this turbulent month. It's weird because about one week ago I started doing shamanic journeying. I met beings in my head who told me they were my guides. It seems like they're the ones putting suggestions into my head. It may sound schizophrenic, but I don't experience it that way. If any of you are interested, I will continue to update my experiences until 2012 and let you know if the voices were real or just my imagination. They said by January 4 there would be a positive shift in my overall mental health. God, I hope I'm not making this up, and it is real

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by timi0000
Right now I'm struggling with an issue my life. The voice will tell me when the negative feelings are about to be amped up.

I'm no doctor so don't take my advice as you should a doctor's, but I would say this sounds like a bit of schizophrenia mixed with a bit of extreme anxiety. Did these voices appear after taking a type of medicine? I would personally consult a doctor if the voices become a bother. The fact that they say stuff like 'do this', 'do that', is evidence that they are commanding, if you feel it is your sub-conscious speaking that may be ok, but if you feel it is an outward-entity I would consider it to be more schizophrenia, if it's medication related it could be temporary, if it's not it could be more permanent. Are these meditation sessions inducing these voices?
edit on 1-12-2011 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

Originally posted by timi0000
Right now I'm struggling with an issue my life. The voice will tell me when the negative feelings are about to be amped up.

I'm no doctor so don't take my advice as you should a doctor's, but I would say this sounds like a bit of schizophrenia mixed with a bit of extreme anxiety. Did these voices appear after taking a type of medicine? I would personally consult a doctor if the voices become a bother. The fact that they say stuff like 'do this', 'do that', is evidence that they are commanding, if you feel it is your sub-conscious speaking that may be ok, but if you feel it is an outward-entity I would consider it to be more schizophrenia, if it's medication related it could be temporary, if it's not it could be more permanent. Are these meditation sessions inducing these voices?
edit on 1-12-2011 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

It feels like a subconscious voice, not an outside entity. There is an element of anxiety to it

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So long as "the voice" isn't telling you to do anything weird, harmful, or frequently prompting you to do odd things for no apparent reason, I'd go with it and see what happens. It could very well be supernatural, it could also be a mental illness, or it could just be an overactive imagination that wants to hear a voice which gives it counsel. Try to remain as objective as possible about whether or not what this voice tells you pans out (in other words, don't try to make the voice correct, make it prove itself correct), and if it doesn't turn out correct, then it is likely just your own imagination which wanted to hear a special voice that was willing to give you guidance.

If you are really concerned about it, you should try doing a little research online and see how various people describe similar instances and what they consider it to be. Also consider checking out what the "professionals" (if you consider there to be such a thing) deem the difference to be between a voice caused by mental illness and a more spiritual voice, but you will want to be careful, as certain individuals would frankly deem any religious experience a mental illness, just as some individuals would deem those who do not believe in religious experiences to be mentally ill.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

That would be difficult considering I am not female.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This doesn't sound like OCD, usually you just feel like you should do things. IF you are hearing voices, it may be a more serious mental condition.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

You pretty much ignored some pretty important question. You mentioned shamanistic journey. Pretty much every substance in shamanism can cause you to hallucinate on an extreme level and playing with your brain chemistry can do irreversible damage. I personally actually feel high when I'm dehydrated, hungry or if I deprive myself of sleep. No joke, years of " Playing around" has left my brain firing with out command. I hear things, I see things, I feel things, I vibrate sometimes but it's just part of my life now. Through seeing the doctor I've learned I'm not completely insane, and properly monitored I'm totally fine. I've experienced similar guide like intervention before, so I would be curious to know what if any plants or chemicals you have ingested on your quest for shamanism I may be able to help. I would sincerely suggest you tell someone close to you, that you trust and will believe you what you are experiencing. This is something I've been instructed to do, as well I journal everything that happens to me from hearing minor noises( bumps, knocks, scratching, ) To full on visual/auditory hallucinations I write them down. Believe me, you don't want this. So as I said I'd like to know what things you've been studying in your quest for shamanism. Being a shaman, means great personal sacrifice with out reward.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Our entire existence is tied to energy.

That fact that your were charging yourself with additional energy before experiencing this only proves this concept.

I know that skeptics will doubt this but one only needs to look at proven science and how our Brain and Nervous System operates which is via Electricity. and Electro Magnetism.

Plain and Simple.

I don't feel that you were crazy/schizophrenic but merely jump started your personal energy and aura which radiates this energy outwards allowing your guardian angels (deceased relatives) to communicate with you using this added energy.

We as humans tend to over complicate things that we don't understand. And also tend to not persue proven scientific knowledge to begin to understand that that we do not understand.

In the scientific field we are trained how to solve problems which begins by breaking them into smaller components/parts and thereby reducing their complexity and making them easier to resolve. ....This applies to advanced Chemistry and Physics and mathematics such as The Calculus and Differential Equations as well.

In conclusion....Don't over complicate things....and deny ignorance by gaining an education in that that you don't understand.

I will leave it at that.

Peace

top topics

join