It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Dakota to vote on abolishing ALL property taxes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Rob Peter to pay Paul is all this is.

If you don't pay property taxes, they will make it up some place else. Like sin taxes on your next six pack...or even your groceries.

To abolish something is a heads up for something worse.

Mark my words.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

They can't do it. It's land, it's no ones property. They have just as much right to it as you do, which is none.

What, so you think that because the State will tell you that no one owns the property that you can live wherever and whenever you want? Are you serious? Do you really not know how diabolical of a lie that is?
edit on 2-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
What, so you think that because the State will tell you that no one owns the property that you can live wherever and whenever you want? Are you serious? Do you really not know how diabolical of a lie that is?

I was just trying to point out how effective it would be to remove private property taxes while removing private property all together. You're entitled to personal property but not to private property, the state has no say in your personal property or how it should be taxed.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

most property tax go to the school industry.
everybody loves the children, but not many look at the machine that has become the education industry.

the mathematics are unsustainable, the need for revenue will eventually crash the system.
unfunded federal and state mandates, require hiring staff, adding space, borrowing money.
and around here the high schools now NEED a 700,000.00 $ rug to play football.
rug to be replaced in ten years so as to avoid lawsuits.

then the college associations send their inspectors to certfy the high schools requiring more spending.

the banks love to lend the cash.

the construction industry makes nice profits.

the whole system has the homeowner for a victim.

and all those employees retire with pensions and benifits, it will eventually not add up.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is a great example of 'the people' DEMANDING the power like the Constitution intended for us. Good Luck to North Dakota. Anybody from ATS living in that state can tell us the local sentiment about this issue?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Good luck to them. If ND is anything like my state, the state supreme court will simply declare it unconstitutional if the people vote to pass such a law.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Sounds good. Even better if it passes.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I seriously would not mind paying higher taxes elsewhere if it meant the abolishment of property taxes. I've been arguing for years that property taxes deprives you of the right to ever outright own your land and home. I'd much rather pay higher state tax, or sales tax or even a county tax than a property tax.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join