It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so many blank threads lately?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Why do people post threads that just contain a title and nothing else??? WHATS THE POINT???? Its becoming more regular, you click on a thread to find the thread is just the question asked in the title. Really getting fed up of it to be honest If you are going to make a thread at least put a bit of effort into it...typing a question into the thread title then publishing it, doesnt constitute a thread!

Wasnt anything about 1 word titles...what dont you and gabby not get about that??????????????????
edit on 1-12-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: to add not

EDIT:

Well at least when people clicked on the other fellas thread we knew what it was about...I clicked on yours having no idea what the thread was about so.....which is worse?

The one with nothing in it....as its against the T&C's

With mine, once you clicked it you were greeted with a wall of text EXPLAINING what the thread was about. As gabby and yourself couldnt get your heads around it i changed the title...not that it mattered as i was within the T&C's

edit on 1-12-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: to add the last paragraph

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

If you think nothing was wrong with your original title why did you change it then?

Not bothering answering to this thread just admit you made a mistake.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

There was no mistake....had to change it because some people clearly cannot use the grey matter in between their ears as well as others
The OP clarified what the thread was about...and even then you 2 (EDIT: You only now) havent got a clue lol

You still dont get it
No point trying to explain it anymore
edit on 1-12-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Originally posted by gabby2011

P.s Why are people starring Gabby's post??? Gabby clearly didnt read my OP

Nice try..you edited your first title of this thread from one word.."why???" ..to what it is now..

It was clear why I said what I did.. and now you've changed it ..to make it appear that you didn't do the very same thing you were ranting against..

I'm not the only one who saw the first title..called..simply "why???" ... and I'm sorry you have to resort to deviousness to try and make it look differently..

LOL i changed the title....because "Why???" didnt really explain the thread.

The OP was not blank when you commented...it never was. What you see in the OP was what was originally authored..the only thing changed was the title, and the link to the thread i was ranting about :p

So let me explain as you clearly didnt understand.....

The rant was about BLANK threads...not 1 word titles. You missed the point completely, or never bothered reading the whole OP

I dont see how having "why?" as a title is the same has having a blank thread???????? So no...i wasnt doing the same thing as i was ranting about otherwise the thread would have had just a title, and nothing else

You're correct.. my apologies..

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I know, and thank you lol

i dont see how this confusion happened? But im glad you understand what the rant was about now

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Last one my point is the title of a thread should at least have something about the content, yours did not and rightly so you changed it.
I was not confused about what you was talking about in the OP but I didn't know what your topic was about when I clicked on it.
Maybe the T&C should change to make sure you have at least an idea what the thread is about instead of clicking it to find out, it would save time.
Yes the other guy should of put more content in his OP but you knew what his thread was about reading the title and your thread gave no clue what it was about.

Also why bother making this Thread? you are not a Mod and all this rubbish could of been avoided if you just pressed the Alert button.
Silly thread but Iam not falling out with you about it.
Peace dude.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Last one my point is the title of a thread should at least have something about the content, yours did not and rightly so you changed it.
I was not confused about what you was talking about in the OP but I didn't know what your topic was about when I clicked on it.
Maybe the T&C should change to make sure you have at least an idea what the thread is about instead of clicking it to find out, it would save time.
Yes the other guy should of put more content in his OP but you knew what his thread was about reading the title and your thread gave no clue what it was about.

Also why bother making this Thread? you are not a Mod and all this rubbish could of been avoided if you just pressed the Alert button.
Silly thread but Iam not falling out with you about it.
Peace dude.

You made my point..thank you.. the one word word title was rather misleading..and gave no hint as to the content of the thread..or what it was about..but it was changed.

edit on 1-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

There was no mistake....had to change it because some people clearly cannot use the grey matter in between their ears as well as others
The OP clarified what the thread was about...and even then you 2 (EDIT: You only now) havent got a clue lol

You still dont get it
No point trying to explain it anymore

Also the thread before you changed the title was ironic in the sense you were complaining about the lack of content in the post but you failed to have any content in your title

So who is using the grey matter you or me?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Content in a title....LOL

Anyways...it was just a rant. No harm done

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yes I would expect a little content in a title on a forum so I know what Iam clicking on and not just clicking on "why???" because I thought Ohhhh why???? what.
But yeah no harm done

top topics

<< 1   >>

join