It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey ATSers, OWSers and other in need of work!!!! (Seriously)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

And now all of a sudden, "Oh no, OWS was never about jobs".

Second time asking, who said this?

OWS WAS about jobs...don't give me this crap that it wasn't. So it's time for the group of people that were crying about jobs to man up, go get a job, and stfu. Yes, you may have to move *GASP*...yes...you may have to actually WORK to get a job. And look, these jobs pay great...so don't cry about the jobs available not being able to provide a livable wage. They aren't going to be able to sip on their Starbucks and blog on the iPads while doing this job...it is hard work, long hours, and a dirty job...but it's a JOB.

When did I say it was or wasn't? What pro-occupy person in this thread they wouldn't take the job and also does this fix the unemployment issue nationwide? No. It's a actually great job (if you can ignore the environmental factor) where there is plenty of downtime if you're in the right position (yes even on the field) this is what my boyfriend did before being placed in management.

So what is "occupy" going to do? Are they going to admit that YES, there are some good jobs out there...or are they just going to keep crying about everything and not doing anything about it?

You would have a point if Occupy were just about lack of jobs which there still is unless these oil companies have around 10 million positions open.

Or OWS can just continue to do what they've done...shift whenever they are made to look stupid..."hey look guys...now we are being oppressed by the evil police because they are enforcing LAWS".

Enforcing laws (some of the laws aren't even just) does not require tear gas, pepper-spray or beating with batons, unless the protesters were menacing the police, which they were not. Resisting arrest (going limp or locking arms) is not a threat nor is it violent.

Occupy is dead...it has lost momentum big time...stragglers will hold on...but it's dead. BTW...did you see the stock market today???

Again, you sticking your fingers in your ears and not paying attention makes it true only in your own mind. Yes I saw the stock market, and do you know the reason behind it's bolster this week?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Again, you sticking your fingers in your ears and not paying attention makes it true only in your own mind.

Is OWS going to become political?

As I have said all along, that is their only path to surviving as a movement. As it looks now...even if they become political, they will support clowns like Ron Paul
Good luck with that...as he lowers the tax rates for all corporations.

Occupy will be used by the Dems as "useful idiots"...most Dem campaigns will make general supportive statements to the "issues" OWS is protesting about. Just like Obama did when he got "mic checked"...he used it to his advantage to show he is sympathetic...and that's all they need...they don't need OWS because in general, they aren't a concise voting block. All the Dems need is to have voters who are aware of the movement and sympathic to their cause to hear them support it...they don't need the support back from OWS.

IMO...OWS supporters have been played...used to change the narrative in the country to be more favorable to the Dems come election time...it worked very very well. And now...there is no more need for them. The Tea Party did the same thing, they changed the narrative, but they also became political...and it is actually hurting the Republican party. So I have changed my mind on OWS becoming political...it doesn't matter to me anymore...their support is pretty low, so third party isn't a real option...so their only option would be the Dems. But judging OWS by thier past actions, I don't even think the Dems want them to become a faction of their party...I think they like them just where they are.

But like I said...I should really stop talking about OWS...trying to logically debate against blind emotion isn't a good use of my time.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

But like I said...I should really stop talking about OWS...trying to logically debate against blind emotion isn't a good use of my time.

Probably a good idea considering you can't ever answer one question that I ask. You drop all these opinions as if they are facts but can't ever back them up and then retreat while tossing out petty insults as an attempt to disguise exactly who between us is the illogical one led by blind emotion.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
How about them Yankees?

2nd...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I shouldn't have to answer a question where the answer is that you are the one that said it.

Let's not get into list of things people don't back up. You have been proven wrong in so many discussions...for you to make that statement is laughable.

You may just be one of the most uninformed people I know that talks as if they know what they are talking about.

Or do you still think that 401k's magically increase in value without being invested...that they should never decrease and always increase???

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So quote where I said this and show me where I have been proven wrong in so many threads...more insults and still nothing backing it up. My comment on the 401k thing was leading to using them to invest in derivatives but we got side tracked. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, you however just continue to say wrong wrong and can never point to why.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Occupy never seeks the media out, they created their own to get their story out sans bias. You will not find many of these stories in the MSM or the right-wing blogs. It takes work to find them because there is a very deliberate slant against the movement. Even the more "gentle" liberal media toes the line because liberal politicians can't figure out how to deal with Occupy either, they want to co-opt but can't because the President is being protested too lol. So, in other words, it still doesn't matter whether the base is broader or not, the people you think should know this, will not do the work needed to read about it. Sounds a bit familiar.

I hate to disagree when I believe we are of like mind on the core concepts and desperate needs for major change, but.........

You start by noting that Occupy never seeks the media out. Okay, granted.. and first MAJOR MAJOR FAIL for Occupy. It's doomed them. The media and opposition ARE seeking the stories out, every day and on the infernal 24hr news cycle clock. If Occupy can't help supply something to satisfy the 24hr needs for space filler in the news slots, their opposition will gladly do it for them. Hence...a part of the war for public opinion is lost by never even showing up for the fight. You note Occupy makes their own media. Fine..fine...except that 99% of the public doesn't watch or care what Occupy has in THEIR new forms of communication. They still turn on Fox, CNN or MSNBC and what is said there IS the truth, period. Just ask Boobus-Americanus and they'll tell you all about it.

Additionally...there is no slant needed to fill space in the media MOST of America is watching and taking as the gospel truth. The police blotters do it for them and that's a free, easy and resource light way to fill even more space in the 24hr news clock. Again... 1 sided...100% AGAINST Occupy..and Media efforts inside Occupy don't even seem to give that a passing though...despite it being chief among what is destroying public support for them.

The biggest problem in the battle for hearts and minds relating to Occupy is that OWS never seems to have even joined the battle. Someone way back in the early days, when Anonymous was announcing a big thing to take over some park in Lower Manahattan...and Occupy hadn't even been given that name yet...SOME goofy idiot came up with the 99% concept and further, deemed that enough to win.

Just come up with the gimmick and slogan. No need to actually MAKE IT REAL...just say it over and over thousands of times and ways across every camp in the world.....and it'll just be true. Yeah... It'll be true because everyone wants it to be! Ummm........ WOW.... Yeah, that is the mentality of SOME of what runs OWS/Occupy..or doesn't run much of anything might be more accurate. Either way....It makes a battle and war lost before it's really going. So far, it's worked. It's a battle almost every night somewhere across the network of camps and so far it's a perfect 0/0 win rate. Occupy has lost every confrontation they've been in, bar none.

So as long as Occupy is content to stand on protest as the single and sole means of doing anything while all but ignoring SERIOUS and sincere public outreach and community peace making attempts, it's a cooked bird for much beyond the noise and television entertainment the camp raids give the public on a regular basis these days. One can't win if one never even fights.

edit on 2-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This has turned out to be a Great thread. Man, Outkast, you on a roll!

Fact of the matter is and remains (IMO).

Stop bitching and get a job. You will see it leads to a much better life and outlook on things.

Sitting around with true malcontents will just get your butt sore and NO money.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I was hyped then realized there is nothing in Illinois. When you only have 800 dollars to your name and no car and # credit, you can NOT just pick up and move. And all the jobs are for trained people. Nothing for people like me with cashier/janitor experience. Not even a janitor job was on there. They wanted Journeymen, and other things I have NO idea what they even meant. All professional jobs.

It's so hard to find work. I'm still not giving up. I hope some people do find jobs from that site, they have about 3 states on there, PA, CO and one other.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Better to try than to sit around and complain.

They just aren't hungry enough yet... They have the money (maybe Had), coming in. etc. who knows for sure about them except that the people behind the curtain/pulling the stings aren't poor and are using them as tools...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join