It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey ATSers, OWSers and other in need of work!!!! (Seriously)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I post this as I see that anyone appearing not to support the OWS movement is see as uncaring etc. Which is untrue. I think most people who don't agree or support the OWSers is because of the way it was done or had become. Basically, I think we can all agree that one main point they have is there isn't work.

Well, luckily for them anon72 has some inside info on some GREAT paying jobs. $90,000 starting off.

I reside in the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Currently, the northern part of the state is experiencing great growth due to a booming business in gas exploration and recovery in the Marcellus industry.

Right now, companies such as CalFrac Well Services: www.calfrac.com...
Jobs all over the world actually. The reason I know abotu PA is that I recently interview (exploring only) and they are looking for people for the PA operations. They anticipate northern PA becoming the Dallas of the north!!!

Right now, that area is ranked 7th in USA job growth. From the Williamsport PA area, north to the NY Border. then East and West on Route 6. Anyway, two weeks on, one week off. They will train... but you must be willing and able to work.

Don't agree with the concept of fracking etc... guess you are in need of a job bad enough. I can assure you that this industry is not going any direction but UP.

Good Luck and God Bless.

MODS, feel free to move if needed but I thought it best be started here. Thank you.

I have my own kid, graduating in May, look into this. Think about it. 22, making say, $100k after the first year, work hard 10-15 years. That is dam good money. I wish I was young again and had the opportunity. It is basically saving N. PA-from what I can see.

PS. Must be able to pass a back ground check and pass a Drug Screening Test.

PSS. I just checked with my buddy. Here is the link for the state employment agency: www.paworkforce.state.pa.us...

Marcellus Shale is one of the most rapidly evolving industries in Pennsylvania, with more than 6,000 drilling permits issued in 2009 alone. Given that the drilling of each well requires numerous individuals working in a variety of different occupations, the effect of this industry on the state’s economy could be significant.

Specifically, Lycoming, Sullivan, Bradford, Tioga, Wyoming, Susquenhanna, Potter, Cameron, Mckean, Elk & Clearfield Counties (that is the area I was interviewed for).

edit on 12/1/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Great!! I'll just drop everything, uproot my life, jump on a plane and be there in a jiffy!

/sarcasm

You do know OWS is worldwide now don't you?
edit on 1/12/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Hey, guess what Uber-neo-liberal hippies? There is work that can be had right now, where you can easily work your way into becoming part of the 1%! All you have to do is destroy the environment, and quit protesting the fact that our country has become a corporatist, fascist regime!

Yeah, that's going to work...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

As I indicated in the thread, world wide jobs also. Please re-read and/or go to the link for CalFrac I posted.

They have it broken up into two areas.

Good luck!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I wanted to say that my daughter is studying art at Temple University in Philadelphia. She told me that the OWS'ers are very annoying, protesting against PNC Bank near the college. She is 18, an impressionable age where they could get their message across to her, IMO. All they have done thus far is irritate her, and according to her, most of her friends there at the school.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

i'm actually seeking a job right now! And i live in PA. (central)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by anon72

This is good, there ARE jobs all over to be had, BUT the majority of the OWSers want ONLY high paying jobs OUT THE DOOR, they have no concept of working up the ladder, they want to be at the TOP of the ladder from the day theyre hired.

Nice generalisation there. Do you have a source for this, or did you just make it up? I think the latter is more likely.

Shows you the mentality most have.

So you judge them based on something you made up? Nice.

S&F for you for TRYING to help, but personally, I think the effort will be wasted on these slackers.

It is people like you that have turned this planet into a slave-machine designed to suck the life out of people, bleed them dry and then leave them out to rot - all the while you stand over them and declare they aren't working hard enough and that they are completely useless.

Please hurry up and fade into obsolescence.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the job tip, I think it is awesome to provide that info and would encourage more ATS people to do similar things when they hear about job opportunities. All I have heard of lately is the stuff going on in North Dakota. My uncle who usually works on the pipeline in Alaska, is currently in North Dakota right now, so I am guessing those jobs are paying pretty good as well.

I think many people do not consider jobs like these because they do not think they can move from their home towns. I understand if you are caring for an ailing family member, or if you have other extenuating circumstances that a move may not be wise, but if you get desperate enough, you will move!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Will do

edit on 1-12-2011 by dannotz because: edit

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Its people like YOU that demand everyone pay your way because you have NO CONCEPT of taking care of yourself, you're probably used to having everything handed to you, and when its time to provide yourself, you throw a tantrum like the REST of the OWSers and demand someone give you a handout

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It's great that you're posting this info to share, people need every bit of help they can get. That said, Occupy isn't just OWS, it's worldwide and it isn't just about jobs. Mainly it is about the corruption in our governments. Not a lot but a few "1 percenters" stand with us. As has been said about 500 million ways OWS in particular is not a bunch of lazy jobless bums but about fairness (see above). Honestly about 70% according to polls (I don't like polls either) of OWS'rs are employed.

Again this so called existing mentality of "if you don't agree with us, you're against us" is only a construct of those against, minus a few idiots of the type you can find anywhere. Disagreeing is far different from inuslting. Star and flag for you anyway because your heart is in the right place it seems.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Its people like YOU that demand everyone pay your way because you have NO CONCEPT of taking care of yourself, you're probably used to having everything handed to you, and when its time to provide yourself, you throw a tantrum like the REST of the OWSers and demand someone give you a handout

LOL, now I know for a fact you make crap up just to belittle others and make yourself feel big and tough.

I happen to have a job, I work my ass off 6 days a week 12 hour shifts just to stay afloat you arrogant ignoramus. I support OWS because I am sick of just keeping my head above water only to watch others make trillions by squashing the little man.

Get a #ing clue mate.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

There are plenty of jobs here in Tallahassee too!
In fact, just about everybody I know with businesses are looking for workers.

There is an extremely hard test though. It is the DRUG TEST! They can't find any decent employees that can pass a background screening and drug test. If you can get through that, then there are jobs to be had here.

Of course, these are $30k jobs, not $90k jobs, but they are a foot in the door.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

plenty of jobs all over, and to me, starting at 30k/year would be like someone starting at 100k elsewhere. I live on LESS then 15k/year, and do pretty darn good for myself, after I pay all my bills, I STILL have a few hundred for the month

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I'm a Tea Partier, I've worked full-time since age 15, and I also support OWS. BUT, that doesn't mean others are wrong about them. I think OWS is important to raise awareness, and I support the movement, not necessarily the individuals in the movement. In general, I think they probably are lazy kids with an entitlement personality looking for an easy way. I don't think the stereotype is wrong about them. It is possible to see the importance of the movement, and hope it continues to gain support, but at the same time see the majority of the participants for what they really are.

Think about it, we need them there, because the rest of us don't have time to protest, we are too busy working for a living, LOL!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by anon72

This is good, there ARE jobs all over to be had, BUT the majority of the OWSers want ONLY high paying jobs OUT THE DOOR, they have no concept of working up the ladder, they want to be at the TOP of the ladder from the day theyre hired.
Shows you the mentality most have.
S&F for you for TRYING to help, but personally, I think the effort will be wasted on these slackers.

Not saying you are wrong, I have certainly had the same thoughts before. However, I think the problem is multi-faceted. One being exactly as you describe, the older generations I think understand the concept of starting at the bottom, the younger generations do struggle with this. On the other hand, as far as the younger generations are concerned I think in some ways they were led to believe that they would start out on "top", if they went and got a degree.

I think through all the hype that we have had shoved down our throats about the necessity of going to college, some of the details have been left out. I think the system itself has created the mindset that going to college and getting a degree would automatically put them in a position to start at the top. I think a lot of young people and being naive at their young age as to how the world really works fell for this. The system fails to teach people that hard work is still required. I do have to agree in some aspects that some of these kids have done exactly what they were told to do in order to succeed, and now reality has slapped them in the face and naturally they feel betrayed because what they were told has not come to fruition after playing by the rules.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I actually agree with you, there are a portion of OWSers that are there for those reasons ie: wanting a free ride. I get miffed though when I read and hear opinions that generalise the whole movement and try to belittle and decry the message. I see those people as nothing less than bullies and thugs wanting to continue the corruption the way it is, most likely because they are benefiting from it somehow.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Maybe you do support the movement but I think that's probably about the most insulting commentary I have seen about Occupy so far and on these boards that is saying a lot. For a supporter you don't seem to know a lot about the people.

There are people of all ages and backgrounds, there are students who work, go to school and still manage to get out there and stand up for what they believe in. There are retirees who have earned their right to sit on their asses and bitch, but they don't they get out there and stand up for what they believe in. There are the full time employed that join and contribute after they have worked a full day that are getting out there to stand up for what thet believe in. There are doctors and nurses who work 90 hours a week but still get out there to stand up for what they believe in. Retired cops and war veterans are in the mix too. Sure there's some entitlists around but...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join