It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic/Anxiety ..What is wrong with me? (Venting out here im sorry!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
reply to post by jewells

Your post made me feel much better, knowing there is a cure, i need to get it done myself, it's really tough but it's a mission i must take! Thank you.

It made me feel better to, gonna check out that link, just wanted to recap for jewells, my anxiety came from a screwed up childhood, before I ever even knew it was screwed up lol.
I am definitely going to check out that link to that author, Man I love this site now. Thank you Jewells.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
reply to post by jewells

Your post made me feel much better, knowing there is a cure, i need to get it done myself, it's really tough but it's a mission i must take! Thank you.

It made me feel better to, gonna check out that link, just wanted to recap for jewells, my anxiety came from a screwed up childhood, before I ever even knew it was screwed up lol. I am definitely going to check out that link to that author, Man I love this site now. Thank you Jewells.

Absolutely there is a cure!!
I think thats what I loved most about Dr Weekes. When questioned on her term 'cure', (as most doctors were adamant this is a long term condition ,& there is no cure), she replied, "I have CURED far too many people to use the term lightly, & have letters of thanks from all over the world to prove it'.
A bloody remarkable lady.

I should also tell you that these books were written between 1960's-1980's, so the language can be quite 'oldish', but that only worked better for me (Kinda like a 'nana' figure, lol), but that in no way takes away from the methods & messages she employs.

Any time either of you want to chat, or have questions please feel free to 'hoy' me!
I really hate to think of people suffering the way I did for so bloody long needlessly.
There REALLY is peace from this sh**ty thing.

Love & peace to you both

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
OH how I know anxiety, I know how you feel, I suffer from it too, just know you will be ok, its all your mind, mine is a wee bit different, I have had OCD all my life, the counting one, the one where if I don't do something 4 times in a row I cant function, it was worse as a kid and now has turned into different forms, I was raised with a loving family but dysfunctional parents who fought all the time, so Im assuming I created this OCD as a coping mechanism, but went thru a lot in my life that has manifested my anxiety to all different things, I get scared Im dying, going blind, I always think I have different ailments, I drive my husband insane asking if Im ok, its terrible, and they put me on lexepro once, and like you with in a few days i stopped it, I was a zombie, no emotion, feelings, no sadness, depression neither happiness or ANYTHING, I FELT NOTHING, so I quit that junk. Zoloft worked well though.

Your anxiety is very similar to my brother's, he suffered for an entire month straight with the same thing you are saying, though he didnt take anything like pills you did that night with your friends, I think your underlying anxiety was triggered when you took the pill and being already scared of another attack the pill and the fear brought the attack on at that club with your friends.

this runs in my family as well my father was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and I think childhood and underlying causes such as problems at home can cause anxiety.

Also I wanted to add, fear helps bring it on more, if you try to realize that its only that, fear and tell yourself that it will stop, its hard to explain, like mind over matter, you will eventually feel this come on and think WTF go away and you will see that it does, it will fade like you just defeated it lol, Im sorry I am a better talker then typer so it may come out odd.

Just know that help is out there, and you will be ok, its something that can be helped.
edit on 1-12-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

I can relate sooo much to your story too!!
I too, developed OCD symptoms which are EXHAUSTING!!
The things our poor minds come up with just trying to keep these frightening things at bay! A lot of other phobias can spring up from the initial anxiety when you don't get the right help. It really is just our own coping mechanism at trying to regain some control. The fighting within the family growing up is familiar with my own upbringing.
I also have anxiety in the family (an aunt), god love her, they gave her electric shock back in the 60's.(Didn't stop the attacks tho:@@

The worst of it is being aware that its only freakin THOUGHTS that do this, but their power can be soooo destructive & debilitating. Knowing that , I always believed if my mind was capable of being so destructive, then it was EQUALLY capable of being constructive & overcoming the attacks, but that is sooooo much easier said than done, hey?
I was like 'chicken little' where the sky was falling, everything scared me, I believed I had every disease, & oh the shame I felt at being such a 'freak', only served to escalate the pissers power!
Your body becomes so sensitized & vigilant looking out for threats, that it doesn't take much to trigger them.
As exhausted & scared as I was of everything, many times I wished this thing was tangible ,so I could punch on with it & beat it once & for all! No such luck!!!
The only way to beat this thing is the opposite of fight, & relaxing toward it. Extremely hard to do,impossible at times, but it does come with practice.
The less adrenaline you release, the less the attack can escalate.
Keep at it, & the day comes where you realize you haven't had an attack! You were normal for a whole day!! YaY!!!
I've been attack free for a couple of years now. I can still be a bit OCD unconsciously at times of stress, but as soon as I'm aware I can stop it.
Now if I'm feeling high-strung & the thought of an attack pops in my head (Normally that would've brought on a beauty!), I just think 'pi**-off, I don't have the energy to waste on your s**t'!.
It just doesn't have that power anymore.
I think people with anxiety are some of the bravest souls on earth. To feel such crippling fear & have to function & keep trying in spite of it, really is true courage.
Its true that peace lies in the places we fear the most.
Wishing love & peace for you & your brother.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join