It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Homo Sapiens Part Alien? ( read and post please)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There certainly appears to have been some huge leap in evolution.

Our DNA probably holds the key to the answers to all our questions.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by VivaLaEvolution
reply to post by steveknows

That's what I meant by "mate". The production of viable offspring.
Which a dog and a wolf, for example can very well do.
Sometimes I wrongly assume that people will understand what I mean, because I know what i meant.

I see what you mean but to use the term mate to define something as a species isn't explaining it because two seperate species can mate and produce an offspring as I said but that offspring can't in turn reproduce so it's not vaiable. And a dog and wolf can produce viable offspring because they are the same species just as much as an African human and a eskimo human are. the same species. Or to be more accurate a Kalahari bushman hunter gatherer and a sydney office worker are the same species.
edit on 1-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
I think that the concept of adaption to an environment has been lost on these people and that they have no idea what constitutes credible evidence.

We humans who do not have African features went from having African features to European and Asian features and so on due to adaption to an environment. It's the same reason that those who live at high altitude have large lungs..

You don't want to have fuzzy hair that allows heat to escape easy, big nostrils that cool air down to cool the blood ,dark skin that reflects the sun rather than obsorbs it and potruding eyebrows that catch sweat and be living in ice age Europe.

No you want white skin that allows heat in, small nostrils that warm the air going into your lungs, matted hair that keeps your head warm by reducing heat loss and receded eyebrows that don't create shade and don't puddle sweat. Or you'll freeze. It's called adaption.

Also we have the same biological bits as a cat or dog or horse simply because, we like them, and all other mammals are native to this planet.

I can get a Christmas tree ball, a piece of chopped liver and a milk shake and I can join them in such a way as to make it seem that all three are connected on some cosmic level. But that isn't evidence that they are.

MEOW!!!!

Great post!!! I couldn't agree more, but I do have one question for you, hopefully you can shed some light on this aspect of the alien/human debate,

If humans did not mix with aliens then can you explain why some of us are rhesus factor negative?

I know there very well may be a simple scientific explanation, and I'd love to hear it, cause all I have heard is the conspiracy theories and it seems scientists are still clueless....why would adaptation/evolution favor a factor that is self destructive?

And if this is too far off topic I"ll gladly move it outta this thread, but I think it is a big question mark in the alien human hybrid debate.....
edit on 1-12-2011 by Mijamija because: Addition of words

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Oh, I am aware and fully understand the difference. What I meant is, that I (wrongly) assumed it would be also known to every one reading and also that those knowing would know what I meant.
We are entirely on the same page.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija

Originally posted by steveknows
I think that the concept of adaption to an environment has been lost on these people and that they have no idea what constitutes credible evidence.

We humans who do not have African features went from having African features to European and Asian features and so on due to adaption to an environment. It's the same reason that those who live at high altitude have large lungs..

You don't want to have fuzzy hair that allows heat to escape easy, big nostrils that cool air down to cool the blood ,dark skin that reflects the sun rather than obsorbs it and potruding eyebrows that catch sweat and be living in ice age Europe.

No you want white skin that allows heat in, small nostrils that warm the air going into your lungs, matted hair that keeps your head warm by reducing heat loss and receded eyebrows that don't create shade and don't puddle sweat. Or you'll freeze. It's called adaption.

Also we have the same biological bits as a cat or dog or horse simply because, we like them, and all other mammals are native to this planet.

I can get a Christmas tree ball, a piece of chopped liver and a milk shake and I can join them in such a way as to make it seem that all three are connected on some cosmic level. But that isn't evidence that they are.

MEOW!!!!

Great post!!! I couldn't agree more, but I do have one question for you, hopefully you can shed some light on this aspect of the alien/human debate,

If humans did not mix with aliens then can you explain why some of us are rhesus factor negative?

I know there very well may simple scientific explanation, and I'd love to hear it, cause all I have heard is the conspiracy theories and it seems scientists are still clueless....why would adaptation favor a factor that is self destructive?

And if this is too far off topic I"ll gladly move it outta this thread, but I think it is a big question mark in the alien human hybrid debate.....

I'd say (and I can't support this so it's a guess and I will never state a guess as fact) That something natural has happened in human history to cause the difference. Only 15% are negative and strangely enough that's about the same percentage of the human population who are susceptible to the effects of mad cow disease.

See science knows that 85% of humans would never suffer the effects of mad cow disease because 85% of us have an enzyme in the brain that stops the effect. They don't truly know why but the belief is that somewhere in human history when human population was still small there was a food shortage and we had to put ouselves on the food list. It's believed that something similar to mad cow disease broke out and those of the humans who didn't die developed an immunity to it.

So AT A GUESS. I say that perhaps there was a time when all humans were rhesus factor negative and something happened that caused most of the population to go the other way. It would have been I believe something environmental.

keep in mind that 1 person alive 500 years ago can have as many as 1 million descendants alive today so thousands of years ago if you had a few hundred people and something natural happened and 250 out of 300 people went Rh positive then most of the worlds population would be Rh positive today which it is at 85%. It could have been something as simple as a virus went through and some died, most fought off the virus and some didn't catch it at all and it changed something in the blood of those who fought it and lived. And the ones who didn't catch it still pased on the unchanged blood type. Either way there's thousands of different reason other than aliens.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by VivaLaEvolution

Oh, I am aware and fully understand the difference. What I meant is, that I (wrongly) assumed it would be also known to every one reading and also that those knowing would know what I meant.
We are entirely on the same page.

Cool. Got it

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

No you want white skin that allows heat in, small nostrils that warm the air going into your lungs, matted hair that keeps your head warm by reducing heat loss and receded eyebrows that don't create shade and don't puddle sweat. Or you'll freeze. It's called adaption. Also we have the same biological bits as a cat or dog or horse simply because, we like them, and all other mammals are native to this planet.

The way you stated that just seems to make the most sense to me. We are native to this planet. And, on that note, Aliens from another planet most likely would have a difficult time here-adapting. Maybe they (Aliens) have tried in the past to come here to Earth, friendly or not---I mean WAY PAST (10,000+ and back further).

But they discovered they couldn't live here etc. Another of Mother Nature's Defenses/???? Who knows. Sure is fun to talk about though.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

MEOW!!!!

There are roughly 50 antigens in the Rh group. The terms "Rh negative" and "Rh positive" refer to the D antigen only. If you have it, you're Rh+. If you don't, you're Rh-.

Rh- is a real evolutionary disadvantage--it causes miscarriage, infant death, or for mothers who don't get immunized after their first child, severe debilitation in subsequent children. So, why hasn't it been cleared from the human population by now?

My theory is this--and I stress that this is just a theory. (The current prevailing theory involves toxoplasmosis from cats.) Rh- is a relatively recent mutation and we haven't had time to get rid of it yet. Which leads to some intriguing possibilities. The Rh- factor emerged at roughly the same time that Cro Magnon was entering Europe and encountering the Neanderthals. If you are of non-African, European descent, you have Neanderthal DNA. I don't think it's any accident that the Basques (and from them the original populations of the British Isles) have the highest rates of Rh- at 33%. The Basques also have the highest percentage of O blood in the world at 55%. Most Neanderthals were O-. Only O- is a universal donor.

This would have led to all sorts of breeding problems and a decrease in infant and child survival rates until the population had a majority of Rh+. Neanderthal women could have had children with Homo sapiens males who were Rh+, but most likely they could only one healthy child. The rest would have been physically and/or mentally handicapped, if they survived infancy at all.

I don't believe the Neanderthals "died out." We interbred with them. We ARE them and we got our Rh- from them. Aliens not required.

I know there very well may be a simple scientific explanation, and I'd love to hear it, cause all I have heard is the conspiracy theories and it seems scientists are still clueless....why would adaptation/evolution favor a factor that is self destructive?

Because it is a relatively new mutation and we haven't had time to eliminate it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation, what you said makes a lot more sense than some of the stuff I have read. I agree the mutation must be fairly recent because it is still around and circulating through the population.

I think it is interesting that you suggest that neanderthal mixed with cro-magnon, I saw not too long ago a show about this possibility. The show seemed to indicate that the chances of viable off spring was unlikely, but I suppose possible none the less.

I still wonder how this mutation has lasted as long as it has, it is such a toxic mutation, only one child surviving and the mother usually dying, it is amazing that this mutation still exists.

Btw: my grandmother is Mexican, Spanish and French, she is the only person in my family that is type O neg, besides me....I had to have rhogam during pregnancy and neither of my kids are O neg......

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Thanks for the explanation, what you said makes a lot more sense than some of the stuff I have read. I agree the mutation must be fairly recent because it is still around and circulating through the population.

I think it is interesting that you suggest that neanderthal mixed with cro-magnon, I saw not too long ago a show about this possibility. The show seemed to indicate that the chances of viable off spring was unlikely, but I suppose possible none the less.

HI Mijamija,

They're finding out more and more all the time. "Unlikely" doesn't mean "impossible." So much of what they've learned just in the last few years has turned their preconceptions on their heads. Not long ago Neanderthals were considered brutish cavemen.

I still wonder how this mutation has lasted as long as it has, it is such a toxic mutation, only one child surviving and the mother usually dying, it is amazing that this mutation still exists.

Btw: my grandmother is Mexican, Spanish and French, she is the only person in my family that is type O neg, besides me....I had to have rhogam during pregnancy and neither of my kids are O neg......

Rh- is declining thanks to treatments. But although it's common in some populations, worldwide it is very rare.

edit on 12/1/2011 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

If Neanderthal was ONeg, meaning no D antigen, and cro magnon had the antigen then what does that mean? Why would Neanderthal lack the D antigen? Don't both groups share a common ancestor? Shouldn't they both have the antigen?

Sorry for my 4th grade understanding of science, I am a lit major ; )

Thanks for bearing with me!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

If Neanderthal was ONeg, meaning no D antigen, and cro magnon had the antigen then what does that mean? Why would Neanderthal lack the D antigen? Don't both groups share a common ancestor? Shouldn't they both have the antigen?

Not necessarily. Keep in mind I haven't completely thought this through, and I'm not even sure there are papers out there on most of this to help us out. But it's possible that some Cro Magnons were also Rh- to start with. For that to work, Homo erectus, from whom we evolved, would have had to be Rh- to at least some extent. I will check on this--remind me if I forget!

The last I'd read, our last common ancestor with Neanderthals was around 400,000 years ago, but I'm not positive that's the right number.

A few months ago there was an article on how some of the Neanderthals' immune system properties got inherited by us. I'll have to look for it, but the D antigen refers to the immune system. An antigen is something that provokes an immune response and triggers the body to make antibodies. Basically, the incompatibility between Rh- mothers and their Rh+ fetuses is an immune response. The mother's body attacks the fetus, thinking it's an invader.

Sorry for my 4th grade understanding of science, I am a lit major ; )

Thanks for bearing with me!

I don't really know a whole lot more than you do. It's the only thing I can think of that makes sense, but there just isn't a whole lot to back it up.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by anon72

Excellent thread, Anon72!

This is the only reasoning I can come to as to why a dark haired man would want to kill others with dark hair.
Well I am a third German,my father was half German.As a child my father was blonde hair blue eyed,by the time he was 30yrs old his hair turned pitch black(eyes stayed blue)lol.So it's possible Hitler himself was blonde as a child...hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Great post and right on. You don't need aliens to explain human adaptation to climate. White skin takes about 10,000 years to form when humans move into the northern latitudes. Color blind people from Scotland are so because the landscape is bland and perceiving color is not a survival characteristic, so it isn't bred out. It's not magic. It's not alien. It's simple adaptation to a need for Vitamin D. Eskimos are roly-poly to keep heat in. Africans are long and lanky to throw heat off. It really isn't rocket science. If you could not explain it I could see the issue, but you can. We have ourselves as evidence. we have fossil evidence, and we have DNA evidence, and surprise! They do not contradict each other. Instead, they corroborate each other.

I'm not saying aliens have never been here or anything like that. All I'm saying is that you don't need aliens to explain why we are the way we are.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We probably are just an alien manipulation.

Why has no other 'primate' group evolved with less body hair?

After all, it is hot in Africa, so why didn't any other primate group go down the bald-is-beautiful path?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Okay, I was born with red hear and one blue eye and one grey. Where did I come from? The red planet mars or where?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Thanks happy bunny for breaking it down for me! I know there has to be a scientific explanation for the rh neg mystery, and hopefully science will explain it once and for all, but for now we can only speculate and many people do speculate that certain humans lack the rh factor because they come from a separate species, a foreign species, or a hybrid species and that is why rh neg mothers fight off their rh pos babies as if their are foreign invaders, they have a severe immune response which just sounds so wrong for a mother to be allergic to her baby basically.

I can see why it would be easy to blame this on alien DNA mutations, but I really, really want to believe that there is a scientific explanation because I do not like the idea that I might have some alien mutation....I refuse to believe that, I just want science to back me up already!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Great post and right on. You don't need aliens to explain human adaptation to climate. White skin takes about 10,000 years to form when humans move into the northern latitudes. Color blind people from Scotland are so because the landscape is bland and perceiving color is not a survival characteristic, so it isn't bred out. It's not magic. It's not alien. It's simple adaptation to a need for Vitamin D. Eskimos are roly-poly to keep heat in. Africans are long and lanky to throw heat off. It really isn't rocket science. If you could not explain it I could see the issue, but you can. We have ourselves as evidence. we have fossil evidence, and we have DNA evidence, and surprise! They do not contradict each other. Instead, they corroborate each other.

I'm not saying aliens have never been here or anything like that. All I'm saying is that you don't need aliens to explain why we are the way we are.

Great thread,OP.
My question is the asian race.
So much difference then other races of human.
Not to be racist in any way,
but,the eyes,and eyelashes,the smaller stature,the higher intelligence.
The culture over all.
I understand the differences due to environments.
Darker skin when exposed the alot of heat and sun light.
Lighter skin when not exposed to that.
Developing a sort of blubber,fat,like whales and seals to protect against the cold.
And I remember the asian race,because of their eyes,to protect them from the dust of the deserts and such.
I could be wrong on that,just from memory.

But could it be they are closer to relation to an alien race then the rest of us.
Just my ponderings,thats all.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by schuyler

Great thread,OP.
My question is the asian race.
So much difference then other races of human.
Not to be racist in any way,
but,the eyes,and eyelashes,the smaller stature,the higher intelligence.
The culture over all.
I understand the differences due to environments.
Darker skin when exposed the alot of heat and sun light.
Lighter skin when not exposed to that.
Developing a sort of blubber,fat,like whales and seals to protect against the cold.
And I remember the asian race,because of their eyes,to protect them from the dust of the deserts and such.
I could be wrong on that,just from memory.

But could it be they are closer to relation to an alien race then the rest of us.
Just my ponderings,thats all.

I'm not the OP but thank you anyway. Asians for the most part come from the Chinese as most white Europeans are Germanic, Asians are suited for the climate of northern Asia which is would have been and till is to a point cold and windswept. Science undertasnd that's again it's adaption to an environment. Semi closed eyelids are great for a windy enviromment.The rest of their anatomy is similar to Europeans to beat the cold.

Asians don't have any higher intelligence than anyone else. If anything their parents are more strict when it comes to education.

I don't believe aliens have played any role in our evolution. In fact I think that the human ability to adapt and advance should be celebrated rather than the credit be given to space people.
I think that one day an alien race will land on a planet and find some primitive hunter gatherers and I believe that the alien race in question will be us.
edit on 2-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
We probably are just an alien manipulation.

Why has no other 'primate' group evolved with less body hair?

After all, it is hot in Africa, so why didn't any other primate group go down the bald-is-beautiful path?

Because through evolution we were the most active primate and we became the ultimate hunter and at some point in the past spent alot of time getting our food from the water most likely during the Pliocene period www.abovetopsecret.com... .When our ancestors moved onto the savannah they were already differant from apes. Simply because we had evolved from the hairy primate to the skin primate on the edge of a long gone coastline.

We can can walk through snow, jungles, saltpans and deserts and the reason we can do this is because we control our body temperature through our skin and perspiring not through breathing. It's for this very reason that a human can undergo a 12 hour operation and other animals can't because they can't control their breathing for to long while unconcious and they control their body temperature through breathing..

A lioness spots a gazelle and strikes. It has to strike fast and catch it quick. The gazelle spots the lioness and jumps then runs fast. The gazelle has to run as fast as it can and stay fast in the hope that the lioness will burn up it's energy fast and start to overheat because the gazelle is going to burn up its energy fast and overheat as well. The reason is that they both need to breath to control their body temperature.

A human hunter comes along and spots another gazelle. The gazelle knows that it can move away at a trot so it does so but what the gazelle doesn't know is that the humans moving at a slow pace will keep walking after it for days if they have to and at some point that gazelle will get out of breath and ove heat but the humans won't because the more they walk the more they sweat and the more they cool down. All they need to do is be sure to drink water. The gazelle can't hide in the grass because unlike the lions a human can see over the grass as they walk upright and because they walk upright they're using minimum energy. The gazelle is getting out of breath and heads into the water as it works well when chased by a lion. But it's no good because again humans walk upright and if the water gets to deep the humans can swim as their body is shaped like a boat and becuase they have fine hair for cooling down and not thick hair like a gorrilla they can swim through the water and dry off fast later.

We have more individual hair strands than a gorrilla but they're are very very fine. They catch sweat dropplets which cools us down. We have subcutaenous fat to keep warm like a whale or dolphin. We're the only land mammal that does so we don't need thick for like a gorrila.

edit on 2-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join