It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventor of pepperspray says its fashionable to use chemical agents on people with an opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Here is an interesting interview with Kamran Loghman the man that helped turn pepper spray from a dog repellent into a tool used by the police.
He now says that he regrets his work and says

It is becoming more and more fashionable right now, this day and age, to use chemical on people who have an opinion.

What did he think when he saw pepper spray being used on OWS protesters?
"The first thing that came to my mind was my own children being shot with chemical agents for having an opinion"

edit on 1-12-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I think OWS is showing western hypocricy for what it is.

Land of the the free home of the brave?

Free speech?

Yeah... right...

These bottom wipes who go around spraying people should be locked up for assault!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Pepper spray should be a LAST resort for police. Not a first choice.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
What I think is clear is that these kind of non lethal weapons were originally made to lessen the amount of violence but have actually increased it. Instead of being used as a alternative to drawing your weapon they are being used as an alternative to non violent containment or arrest

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Really? lets got and peeper spray the founder of the spray until he scream for mercy, nothing better than give a taste of the same medicine he created, after all isn't that "fashionable" and is an opinion he is giving?.right?

edit on 1-12-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Exactly. Instead of police actually using their brains to try to resolve an issue, it's become the "go to" item of choice.
"We need you to move along sir."
"no?"

spray

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

bwahaha! So if you have an opinion they pepperspraying you!! That's hilarious! I am betting we better all put on our masks so we don't get sprayed!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think fight fire with fire and use it on the Police if they abuse their power. Not sure how easy it is to come across the stuff though.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

If only we could, but that is considered assault...assault on an officer is very serious. Oh the irony.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yeah...I wouldn't recommend using it back at all...
Remember...the outrage is not over the fact that they USED it. It's over the fact they used it on peaceful protesters who were sitting down at UC Davis.
Other places during the OWS movement I have seen them just randomly spraying crowds, but not once have I seen anything that could be considered threatening to the officers.
It's the outright abuse of their power that is the biggest issue here.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Really? lets got and peeper spray the founder of the spray until he scream for mercy, nothing better than give a taste of the same medicine he created, after all isn't that "fashionable" and is an opinion he is giving?.right?

edit on 1-12-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

that's a bit harsh.. I mean would you drop a Nuclear bomb on Einstein.

in his defense pepper spray has saved many hunters and bears from being killed, and postal workers or delivery people I am sure are very thankfull for pepper spray..

we need to remember pepper spray is the same as a gun its not the weapon but the person holding the weapon.

new topics

top topics

join