It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prime Minister's pal calls for Strikers (protesters) to be shot!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Jermey Clarkson the Top Gear tv presenter has called upon British Strikers to be taken out and shot! He say's "I would take them out and execute them in front of their families" , "How dare they strike while getting theses gilt edge pension's gauranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living". The British public are going crazy over these comment's and Unison are taking legal action. He of course is a millionaire with a massive house including butler's etc. He had dinner with David Cameron with on Boxing Day he is a family friend!!!

edit on 1-12-2011 by Hootsmanwheresmaheid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Here we go again. More Jeremy Clarkson bashing.

You MUST realise he is most & foremost an ENTERTAINER.

Wether you find him funny or not is your own problem.

In the UK he is known for those comments, causing a little controversy now and then.

He bashes anything and anyone, just like comedians. I remember him calling the old prime minister "one-eyed idiot".

If you are looking for serious political debate then obviously Top Gear or indeed Clarkson is not the source to use...

I wish people stopped flipping out over everything he says.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
That is messed up. The rich want to play us against each other. We should stick together.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It should be remembered that Jeremy Clarkson is a more hardcore version of Prince Phillip, in terms of making throwaway ''un-PC'' remarks.

Here's an article listing some of the more ''near the bone'' remarks which he's made on Top Gear over the years:

Jeremy Clarkson's biggest Top Gear gaffes

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

He's not an entertainer he's a twat. If you find this kind of comment acceptable (no matter who it comes from)then you've got a problem mate. Considering how close he is to David Cameron then i would suggest you are hearing also Cammeron's real disdain for the striker's.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
He is very funny.

Maybe we should have Jeremy Clarkson and Prince Philip run a TV show.

That would be so funny.

Neither of them care what they say or who they offend.

One of Prince Philip's quotes :-

During a state visit to the People's Republic of China in 1986, in a private conversation with British students from Xian's North West University, Philip joked, "If you stay here much longer, you'll go slit-eyed

Something lost in today's society ?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hootsmanwheresmaheid

Not exactly in context though is it? The actual exchange was on the lines of "it has been great travelling around London due to the protesters as everywhere is deserted but as this is the BBC i must now balance it by saying the strikers should be taken outside and shot in front of their families" - in the name of impartiality.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Wether I like his comment or not is completely irrelevant. I know that he's known for comments like that. He does it all the time and it's great publicity and he knows that.

Everything he says is to be taken with a grain of salt. If this is something that gets your blood boiling you should re prioritise your life.

I don't see any people outraged over Big Brother TV dumbing down the nation. I think that's much worse than an ignorant comment made by a simpleton KNOWN to be a simpleton.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

The guy said it and he meant it, simple as!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I thought life would be easier since Mary Whitehouse popped it but it would appear that today a nation of Mary Whitehouse's exist.

Shame really.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

This simpleton has a mansion with butler's have you? He's Cameron's friend are you?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Thing is, UK has become a neurotic, super-surveillance, super-politically-correct, self-abolishing, going-bazookas-on-any-opinion, no-reasonable-sense-of-tolerance, kind of a nation. There used to be a time, when a Briton could stand straight and say what ever was his opinion, and stand for it, without giving a dam what anybody else on this universe would think about it. Today, Britons are most probably the most suppressed nations (along with USA) what comes to freedom of expression.

You can't even say "Merry Christmas" anymore, for Christ sake. And not say even the latter either, by the way. "God save the Queen/King" is most likely next to go, carrying too much religious connotations, and being representation of a totally undemocratic institution.

link   

I don't have/want either.

I don't know how this has anything to do with Jeremy Clarkson at all.

He's made comments like that long before he had a mansion/butlers or was friends with Cameron.

Totally irrelevant.

link   
Yeah, come on. Just look at his dead-pan expression and listen to the tone of voice. It's really just tongue-in-cheek dry British humor at the most. He's just stirring the pot a bit there.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Off topic entirely but i totally love your avatar!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
i am beginning to thing that a lot of people are really starting to loose it.

its like people are starting to loose control.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

You hit the nail on the head. If you watch him for a bit you learn exactly what his sense of humor is like. People that get offended by Clarkson dont know and or understand Clarkson.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

The problem is that some of you people seem to think he's some sort of funny guy and it's all just a joke. This guy's comment's over the year's have been crass. Just because it was said jokingingly doesn't mean that behind the joke lies the an element of his true feeling's and i would suggest this was one of thoise time's. Must be a lot of Top Gear fan's on here eh!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Really? What does that matter? He has worked to earn his money - do you begrudge people earning well? And once earned, it really is up to him how he spends it - if that means employing a butler then so be it. I would also point out the word EMPLOYING to you - it may stick in your throat but he is providing someone with a wage and before you go down that route this is the modern day, the person is an employee not a servant.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

What a stupid thread! If you have any knowledge of this guy you will know he purposefully sets out to shock with his humour. thats his thing, that's what he does. what a dolt if you think he is being serious.

Oh by the way he is doing the rounds selling his Christmas DVD, nowt sells like free publicity!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join