It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enoch Foretells of Our Day and the Demise of the Watchers - 70 Generations Earlier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The Book of Enoch outlines our origin and how the earth was corrupted by the work of Divine beings called watchers. Genesis 6 relates part of this story. The following passage is key to understanding when the Angles will be judged and the men who follow them meet there end.

11 And the Lord said unto Michael: 'Go, bind Semjaza and his associates who have united themselves with women so as to have defiled themselves 12 with them in all their uncleanness. And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is 13 for ever and ever is consummated. In those days they shall be led off to the abyss of fire: and 14 to the torment and the prison in which they shall be confined for ever. And whosoever shall be condemned and destroyed will from thenceforth be bound together with them to the end of all 15 generations. And destroy all the spirits of the reprobate and the children of the Watchers, because 16 they have wronged mankind. Destroy all wrong from the face of the earth and let every evil work come to an end: and let the plant of righteousness and truth appear: and it shall prove a blessing; the works of righteousness and truth' shall be planted in truth and joy for evermore.

17 And then shall all the righteous escape,
And shall live till they beget thousands of children
And all the days of their youth and their old age
Shall they complete in peace.

To calculate a generation, we use 70 years. 70 X 70 is 4900.

Before I get to the approximate date, let's look at the date from another direction. Jesus said, in Matthew 24, that one generation would see Him return in victory over evil. The nation that sees Israel become a nation starts in 1948. Add 70 to 1948 and get 2018. We can see an approximate timeline from this. Subtract 7 years from this for the great tribulation and you get 2011 as a starting point of approximation.

One more interesting thing. If the two witnesses show up now, then the tetrad moon cycle of 2015 will be the halfway point between. This is when the Antichrist kicks into full swing. I see the tetrad moons as important. They align with the feast dates of Israel.

Back to Enoch. If you look at when Enoch lived, he walked with God after living 65 years. We know that he walked with God for 300 after this. The question is, when did he make the prophecy of 70 generations.

I'll quote from a source on this one:

"If we add up the descendents from Terah back to Noah and Shem after the flood,
the Hebrew reckoning gives the total of 292 years but the Septuagint gives a total of
1,172 years, although Adam Clark points out that different manuscripts give different
readings. Looking at A Dictionary of the Bible by James Hastings, he shows that the
Hebrew reckoning from the flood to the birth of Abraham was 290 years, but the
Septuagint gives 1270 years. This is quite a difference. The Dictionary of the Bible states
the 290 years are regarded as the original, but the Septuagint however, was accepted by
the Hellenistic Jews and the early Christian Church.

As for the meaning of this discrepancy in the genealogy, that is a mystery.
However, if we multiply 70 generations times 70 (70 x 70) it totals 4,900 years.
According to the Septuagint the great flood occurred 2,892 BC.
If we add the year 2008 AD to 2,892 BC, it totals 4,900 years – the precise
number of years till the BEGINNING of the Day of Judgment!"

Many people have tried to tag down the date. From my perspective, what Jesus said in Matthew 24 is accurate. The day of the Lord is at hand. A day is 1000 years. The sheep are separated from the goats and 1000 years of peace follows.

Seek the Lord. Love God and love others. This is the duty of mankind. The righteous shall live by faith.

edit on 1-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Thanks for posting this! I plan on reading it more throughly when I get home from work later on. I believe that the watchers are back but haven't revealed themselves fully yet. Based on your post, do you think that the watchers or ET as we call them now, will be coming in a full disclosure soon? IMO this is all going to play into the great delusion the bible talks about happening in the end times. What's your take on that?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

am I seriously the only person who thinks the WTC was the "two witnesses". What do these scriptures have to say about these witnesses? Any description? Must it be men? Regardless... I think astonishing things will occur soon, because everyone has invested thought into it. We manifest what we desire.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
These are the only books of Enoch I could find...still reading them lol

file:///home/user/.cache/.fr-MszkV1/book_of_enoch.htm

edit on 1-12-2011 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

Here's a link to a website with a far amount of writings

www.sacred-texts.com...
edit on 1-12-2011 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Here is the full Book of Enoch in PDF form:

Book of Enoch

This story has always fascinated me. Anyone who hears this story has to consider that he may have traveled the universe in a UFO. I think that's what he was doing in his 300 years away. His mention of the Nephilim and the world before the great deluge is interesting.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Cool thank, downloaded now will give it a read bet it will be long one

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

It would have been nice of you to provide a link to what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Subtract 7 years from this for the great tribulation and you get 2011 as a starting point of approximation.

Cool thread, one error though. The Great Tribulation is only 3 1/2 years not 7.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

It's a very long read but worth it in my opinion. Hope you enjoy.

The books were found on the Dead Sea Scrolls if I remember correctly and spoke of stuff that astronomers didn't know until a few hundred years ago. It kind of makes you wonder how much of our real history we actually know.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The tribulation is 7 years, the Great Tribulation is the second half of that 7 year period.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The tribulation is 7 years, the Great Tribulation is the second half of that 7 year period.

Yes, that's sorta precisely why I said the "Great Tribulation" is only 3 1/2 years.

edit on 1-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

boy can't wait for that "peace" to come down I think we all could use a little

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperiorEd
The Book of Enoch outlines our origin and how the earth was corrupted by the work of Divine beings called watchers. Genesis 6 relates part of this story. The following passage is key to understanding when the Angles will be judged and the men who follow them meet there end.

11 And the Lord said unto Michael: 'Go, bind Semjaza and his associates who have united themselves with women so as to have defiled themselves 12 with them in all their uncleanness. And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is 13 for ever and ever is consummated. In those days they shall be led off to the abyss of fire: and 14 to the torment and the prison in which they shall be confined for ever. And whosoever shall be condemned and destroyed will from thenceforth be bound together with them to the end of all 15 generations. And destroy all the spirits of the reprobate and the children of the Watchers, because 16 they have wronged mankind. Destroy all wrong from the face of the earth and let every evil work come to an end: and let the plant of righteousness and truth appear: and it shall prove a blessing; the works of righteousness and truth' shall be planted in truth and joy for evermore.

To calculate a generation, we use 70 years. 70 X 70 is 4900.

Before I get to the approximate date, let's look at the date from another direction. Jesus said, in Matthew 24, that one generation would see Him return in victory over evil. The nation that sees Israel become a nation starts in 1948. Add 70 to 1948 and get 2018. We can see an approximate timeline from this. Subtract 7 years from this for the great tribulation and you get 2011 as a starting point of approximation.

One more interesting thing. If the two witnesses show up now, then the tetrad moon cycle of 2015 will be the halfway point between. This is when the Antichrist kicks into full swing. I see the tetrad moons as important. They align with the feast dates of Israel.

Back to Enoch. If you look at when Enoch lived, he walked with God after living 65 years. We know that he walked with God for 300 after this. The question is, when did he make the prophecy of 70 generations.

I'll quote from a source on this one:

"If we add up the descendents from Terah back to Noah and Shem after the flood,
the Hebrew reckoning gives the total of 292 years but the Septuagint gives a total of
1,172 years, although Adam Clark points out that different manuscripts give different
readings. Looking at A Dictionary of the Bible by James Hastings, he shows that the
Hebrew reckoning from the flood to the birth of Abraham was 290 years, but the
Septuagint gives 1270 years. This is quite a difference. The Dictionary of the Bible states
the 290 years are regarded as the original, but the Septuagint however, was accepted by
the Hellenistic Jews and the early Christian Church.

As for the meaning of this discrepancy in the genealogy, that is a mystery.
However, if we multiply 70 generations times 70 (70 x 70) it totals 4,900 years.
According to the Septuagint the great flood occurred 2,892 BC.
If we add the year 2008 AD to 2,892 BC, it totals 4,900 years – the precise
number of years till the BEGINNING of the Day of Judgment!"

Many people have tried to tag down the date. From my perspective, what Jesus said in Matthew 24 is accurate. The day of the Lord is at hand. A day is 1000 years. The sheep are separated from the goats and 1000 years of peace follows.

Seek the Lord. Love God and love others. This is the duty of mankind. The righteous shall live by faith.

I dont quite follow what you are saying. I am trying. So are you saying The START of the 8 year tribulation was in 2008?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myendica

am I seriously the only person who thinks the WTC was the "two witnesses". What do these scriptures have to say about these witnesses? Any description? Must it be men? Regardless... I think astonishing things will occur soon, because everyone has invested thought into it. We manifest what we desire.

Not until you mention it. Wow, your very wise o even think that. I think your onto something. DO you know if that would put us near the tribulation time or in it? I need to read up on my Bible and texts.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperiorEd

The Gospel of Luke chapter 3 shows us that Jesus was the 70th Generation from Enoch.

new topics

top topics

join