It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DCS-3000, FBI communications monitoring and a very creepy looking owl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I was surprised that I couldn't find any reference to this with the search as this dates from at least 2007 so I might be covering old ground here.

DCS " Digital Collection System Network" is the FBIs surveillance system that allows instant access to all cellphone, landline, SMS communications anywhere in the US from a point-and-click interface" The DCS-3000, 5000 and 6000 are three different part of the same system

As you would imagine it isn't easy to find any detailed information on these systems as they are all classified. the "electronic frontier foundation" did request info on them via the freedom of information act and had many redacted and blank pages returned several years late, which you can see here

So my first question to ATS is, can anyone glean anything useful at all from the sparse information available in these released documents?

I'm sure the FBI monitoring phone-calls and texts isn't news to anyone the thing that did surprise me while looking through the pages though is the logo for the system

Which leads me to my second question
Is it just me or is there something oddly creepy about this logo? with all of the "bohemian grove" associations etc the owl symbol has do you think it was chosen as a deliberate joke? and isn't there just something oddly creepy about the way the owl is Asymmetrical and looks "hand drawn"

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The owl is a refernce to Athena, goddess of Wisdom, Military Tactics, and War among other things.

Here is a post with a lot more information on athena and how she is the owl, the whole thread has a lot of information on athena. link.

Here are some highlights:

Athena (I use this term to apply to the Athena/Minerva/Neith goddess) most definitely WAS the goddess of war in all her aspectsnt.

Athene was a deity of many different functions and attributes. On the one hand, she was a goddess of war, the female counterpart of Ares.
- Greek & Roman Mythology A to Z, Kathleen N. Daly pp18-19

Athena. The place where the birth took place is generally said to be the shore of Lake Tritonis in Libya. As she leaped out, she uttered a war-cry which resounded in heavens and earth. Athena, the warrior goddess, armed with spear and aegis
- The Dictionary of Classical Mythology, Pierre Grimal p66

Ibed Neith post above "warrior goddess"

Minerva picture from Greek & Roman Mythology A to Z, Kathleen N. Daly p86 picture subtext "Minerva Roman goddess of war"

Notice the owl?

Minerva wore a helmet and held an owl, her sacred animal, in most imagers of her, including statues and coins. P86.
Ibed

This goddess in all her aspects was associated with the owl.

“Her favorite animal was the owl”p68
- The Dictionary of Classical Mthology, Pierre Grimal p68

“Athene rivaled Zeus in wisdom and was symbolized by the owl”
- The Dictionary of World Mythology, Peter Bently p 29

Athena coin picture. World Mythology, Roy Willis p136

Hmmm... I've seen that owl in a few places before relating to all these hidden powers. They worship a huge own at the Bohemian Grove
edit on 1-12-2011 by pianopraze because: added highlights

edit on 1-12-2011 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This might sound a bit silly, but, turn the picture upside down. See the alien head? Top of the pic where the wings come together. The owl is their way of saying "We are wise and all knowing" Seems a bit conceited to me. But, what else can you expect.
edit on 1-12-2011 by DAVID64 because: add

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is why im considering more and more to get some Walki Talki's and making my freinds get some to.

Mabye even have a spare set in an EMP proff box, would come handy when SHTF

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I actually can see that
Good spot

With the wing tips as triangle eyes

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Remove the head/eyes and it looks like the Nazi Eagle from world war II?
Very Creepy.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBigDuke

THAT'S why that looked so familiar. I knew I saw a resemblance to something, I just couldn't place it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
From looking at the owl more, I think that it's actually supposed to be facing away and looking over it's shoulder at the viewer

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I don't think its creepy at all. I think its pretty cool with the alien head when u turn it upside down very artistic imo. thanks for posting it i enjoy looking at the different patches and insignia's from the military S&F to you my friend.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Let's not forget The Penguin!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I have been reading the white papers from these systems released through the FIA. Not much information to see but, the name for the DCS-6000 is mostly assigned to something known as Digital Storm.
www.eff.org...
I agree with one of the posters above as well, that logo is very Nazi-esck.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Ho I'm prety sure their listen to more than just the USA

my quess world wide

Also sure their have same kind of lookout for the WWW

SO Shhhhhhhhh. or you will get a nock at your door or worst kick it in.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Its something about the wings and the number of feathers on the left and right sides.
Interesting

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Ever look really closely on the one dollar bill? Upper Right "1"? On the upper left of the crest is an owl peeking out. I would like to upload a photo but seems the photo on my profile isn't working?

But here is a link to a photo of it.

www.google.com...://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5qmkrEFWU1qzvn9ro1_500.jpg&imgrefurl=http://ulyber.tumblr.com/post /895101088/yeestephiee-pedaltothemetal-to-help-you&h=330&w=440&sz=28&tbnid=HUO2c6haGc8bpM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dowl%2Bon%2Bone%2Bdollar %2Bbill%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=owl+on+one+dollar+bill&docid=9rhDR5aJiv2oiM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=AsXXTqScM8yFsALe5b2MDg&sqi=2&ved=0CC0Q9QEwAg&dur=236 4

It is also a figure at the Bohemian Grove ceremonies too. Go figure.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
www.google.com... 8l8l0l0l0l0l263l1521l0.4.4l8l0

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
From looking at the owl more, I think that it's actually supposed to be facing away and looking over it's shoulder at the viewer

thats the first thing I noticed as-well.. funny how the symbol for our Gov. watchdog is looking over its shoulder!?

I found this interesting it seems our owl has evolved.
DCSNet is run by an FBI division called Telecommunications Intercept and Collection Technology Unit (TICTU),

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Good catch,it made me count. And yes, it's 11 on one wing and 10 on the other.
Definitely see the Alien as well,as others pointed out.
It's funny that type of alien drawing reminds me
of what a talented 17 year old stoner would do.
And maybe, the owl is a bit pedestrian, and dare I say cuddly ?
Am I in trouble now ?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Yes their earlier owl is certainly more sinister.
Looking over the shoulder is paranoia or being ever vigilant ?
Also wouldn't that mean that the owl is looking at an upside
down alien head when not looking over it's shoulder, haha?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

just love you gug can' t a picture but you would be a belive

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
did anyone notice the owl has 13 wings?

EDIT: agh, only 12 on the right side
2nd. sorry
edit on 1-12-2011 by IDKWTB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join