It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa Ana Winds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Any fellow Southern Californians out there enjoying these high winds?

Right now (2:18 AM) the winds have hit 20+ mph, causing a fair amount of damage in the 909. Me and my brother were outside admiring the winds, and noticed several blue flashes going off every once in awhile. Transformers blowing, or wires touching, maybe? Either way, it's quite a show.

Power just went out momentarily (while I was typing this, actually. Thank God it saved what I already typed
), but it's back on now. Got a flash light, and some candles lit just in case, anyways.

Of course, I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who has had property damage or loss of sleep over these winds.

And, anyone who wants to boast, saying they've been through stronger winds (yea, 20+ is KINDA low in comparison to people who've been through a Cat 5 Hurricane), but this is still a pretty rare event over here in Southern California. Apparently it's been decades since we've had winds this strong (or will have, tomorrow, when they're expected to be 40+), and some say it'll be the worse we've ever had (reaching up to 90 mph).

So.. anyone else enjoying this weather?

edit on 1-12-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

new topics

join