It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outlandish Idea to Solve Eurozone Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I have just had this idea and I think the Eurozone should definately consider this. In europe those countries that use the Euro all use Euro's but each nation has their own notes and coins. Why doesn't the euro take action by making a two tier Euro with 2 seperate exchange rates. This would be easy to do as they could keep the notes they have now and slowly phase them out with more obvious differences.

Why would this solve the crisis you ask?

Well if nations like Italy, Greece, Ireland, Spain, Portugal were all allowed in the second tier currency then they could collectivley weaken the currency, which will in turn strengthen their exports and improve their holiday industry of which they have relied upon for so many years pre euro.

On top of this, any money the UK, France and Germany would lend them would in the short term spread much further accross their economies.

When the crisis is resolved there could be a future merger of the curriencies again but only when each nation is ready.

Simples!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Nothing is going to save the eurozone or any other currency world wide.
They are all designed to fail; it’s simply the way they work.
It will collapse like a fluctuating domino effect, but eventually all will fail because it’s the same system worldwide and due to globalisation we now depend on everyone else.
I believe its going to get very bad very soon, with the worst before the middle of 2012. Stock up on necessities before canned foods are a premium item.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This has all been pre-planned, it will help usher in the NWO by the back door, look how close the currencies are now in relation to each other US dollar against the Pound sterling and the Euro, it wont be long before a single currency is pushed on all of us

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The countries do need their own currency. Its mad how a single nation which has a different economy stability to all the other 25 should be expect to keep afloat, it baffles me. It's clear that they knew this, they knew that mixing economies would start a domino effect of countries industries failing - hence the IMF managing all the countries budgets. 26 countries, 1 manager.

Hopefuly, by 2013 Britain will be out of EU

top topics

join