It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some Christians wear crosses around their necks?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
like in the form of necklaces

You would think that the last thing Jesus would want to see when he returns is a Cross

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It's a reminder, at least for me.

It's a reminder not to grow hate against others.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I know a lot of peope wear a cross as decoration or fashion but crucifix(depiction of Jesus diing on the cross) is worn to remind yourself of the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross for all of us.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Very strange question becuase when he returns we instantly chnage (those still alive) so do you think we'll be still in our normal clothes and sinful bodies? Do you get what I mean?

I'm not sure why people see the need to wear crosses but an empty cross is better than one with Christ still on it like the Catholics wear. He isn't on the cross anymore but you'd think they'd realise that.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If Jesus were to be here today, and be killed, would Christians wear an electric chair on a chain? Or a bullet to the brain? Or a noose around their neck? Or a needle on a necklace?

Nahhhhhhhh. The cross is so much cooler!!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It's to signify the pain and suffering Jesus went through for our sins. Something like that.

Has anyone noticed the number of people that 'cross' themselves often make the shape of an upside down cross?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
hello
this system started during colonial times, as to whom all converted and whom all were not willing to be converted. its the same when islamic conquerors converted they knew it because the convertee would wear a beard. similarly for cristians similarrly for buddhists(eaither shaven or beaded wristband/necklace) n similarly for hindus(threads as diagonal or on the wrist etc etc etc.....
Such would typically avoid confrontation with the powers that were(TPTW)
thankyou

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Very strange question becuase when he returns we instantly chnage (those still alive) so do you think we'll be still in our normal clothes and sinful bodies? Do you get what I mean?

I'm not sure why people see the need to wear crosses but an empty cross is better than one with Christ still on it like the Catholics wear. He isn't on the cross anymore but you'd think they'd realise that.

What makes an empty cross "better" than a cross with Jesus on it? You sound ignorant. Jesus might not be on the cross but when I wear my crucifix (with Jesus on it) I'm reminded of the sacrifice he made for me. Jesus on the cross or not, they symbolize the same thing. Jesus isn't on the cross anymore so why not just wear Jesus around your neck to remind you of what he's done for you and that he's there for you, it doesn't matter how what you wear around your neck looks like, as long as you know why you're wearing it. Nothing makes one or the other "better". To say one is better than the other because one has Jesus on it and one doesn't makes you sound uneducated.
edit on 1-12-2011 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2011 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

As a symbol of christianity.
Why do some jewish folk wear the Star of David?

Silly question.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I thought it was a sword? Is it the cross? well ..

you learn something new everyday.
s+f

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

They do it as a symbol of their faith, without realizing that the Romans at that time didn't crucify people using that structure. In other words: IGNORANCE.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
(Gal 3:13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

makes you wonder

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The Cross is actually a reprensentation of the 4 Elements meeting each other in the middle. Balance of Nature, the church took this powerfull Image and twisted it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
because when people want to feel like they are a part of something they dress the part.

i.e. baggy pants and thugs, dreads and hippies, long hair and rockers.

if i wanted to remember my grandmother and the things she did for me i don't think i'd wear a necklace with the car that hit her on it.

i think they are just doing it to be cool and fit in with their religion and it holds no actual personal significance to them or they are crazy

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You would think that the last thing Jesus would want to see when he returns is a Cross.

It's a symbol of His victory.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

well I spose it is the same reason why bikies all own Harleys or wear distinct clothing.

it is the same type of thing...the symbol identifies them and when they see the symbol it 'means something to them'

it is also a sign of idoltary and that is against the original laws.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by muse7

They do it as a symbol of their faith, without realizing that the Romans at that time didn't crucify people using that structure. In other words: IGNORANCE.

Do tell.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Thank you. I am very much a follower of Christ, but I do not understand 'religion' and symbols. The crucifix is a symbol of shame, a curse. Why would one wear that symbol for any reason? Did not Yahweh Himself say to make "NO graven images" for ourselves?

Seems to me if you are a follower of Christ that He is INSIDE of you thru the Holy Spirit. No outward symbols needed. It is NO ONE'S business what your beliefs are, if others want to know what you believe, they'll ask.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by muse7

winner chicken dinner...

in fact if people would just stop and research what they ritualistically do year after year they will find out it has nothing do do with what they thought and realize they are just perpetuating mindlessly a bunch of bollocks.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's like a sheep tag, so you know who they are.
I am glad they wear them, cause when I ask for opinions, I know who blindly follows the pack, and can't think outside the box.

Thank you cross wearers for identifying yourselves.
Please bring back the rosary and clutch them till your fingers turn white!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join