It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany recalls ambassador from Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Germany recalls ambassador from Iran

in.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Germany said on Wednesday it had recalled its ambassador to Iran for consultations because of an attack on the British diplomatic mission in Tehran the previous day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The situation in Iran is getting more dangerous every day. Hope it doesnt end in war.
It´s hard to tell whether the attack on the UK embassy was planned by the Irani Government or maybe even some kind of false flag?
Usually the Germans have a big interest to prevent a war - although they export a lot of guns, tanks and other modern war tech - so the recall could be a expressions of solidarity for UK and of course Israel.

in.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Well some are of the Opinion that the embassy incident was orchestrated by their Government so as to come to the rescue of the hostages and look like the good guys.

But if that's the case it was a blunder.

The Germans are just showing solidarity with the Brits IMO.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I wonder how many others are going to show solidarity... thinks are looking rather bad for Iran, diplomatically, and it only seems like these events are the start of something far worse to come...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This was the one I was looking out for to see if this was a big move or just another spat between Britain and Iran (which there are plenty) from my meagre research and friends.. there is a bit of an ongoing conflict in Iran about severing ties with (surprisingly for me) Ahmadinejad being against severing relations and parliament being in favour.

In my more cynical moments I thought this more about electioneering for internal consumption than something larger as there are upcoming Parliamentary elections in March 2012 and nothing seems to sell an election than a dig at an old enemy..

However this really does seem to be going downhill fast and all I can do now is hope some channels are being kept open to find a resolution.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Tick Tok Tick Tok Midnight is aproaching.

On a cereal note though, ill keep watch for other ambasadors leaving Iran, that would be a clear sign of SHTF

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Has the clock's minute hand moved closer?

I'm not sure what Iran has got in terms of arms. What sort of damage can they do and what range are we talking about if they decide to empty their arsenal?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

The one I will be interested in is the Swiss Embassy as it seems (from memory still serve US interests in Iran) to have been the one that was kept open during the other butting of heads..

strangely the Iranian Embassy in Bern (Switzerland) has just been attacked (by only a couple of protesters)

Two young men have been arrested after throwing incendiary devices and stones at the Iranian embassy in Bern yesterday.
worldradio.ch...

edit on 1/12/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
Tick Tok Tick Tok Midnight is aproaching.

On a cereal note though, ill keep watch for other ambasadors leaving Iran, that would be a clear sign of SHTF

I just found in an article that the ambassador of Netherlands and France have left Iran too.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
France Recalls Ambassador to Iran

The Hague and France are also recalling their ambassadors. They all say they're calling them back for consultations. I have a bad feeling about whatever those consultations will lead to.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
All these countries recalling their people is a worrying sign indeed, although it most likely is because of the incident at the embassy, one can't help but wonder if there is other motives like airstrikes in the works.

I sincerely hope not.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rocket88

Just read Iranians are trying to bomb US forces based in Germany....................

www.jpost.com...

So many things all coming together in the last few weeks

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
nvm - posted already..
edit on 1-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by rocket88

Just read Iranians are trying to bomb US forces based in Germany....................

www.jpost.com...

So many things all coming together in the last few weeks

It says they are planning to IF the US attack them, also it is still under investigation. I dont know about you but if the US attacked my own country I would be within my right to counter attack.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If all the ambassadors started leaving for no reason... that would point to an imminent attack.

So... let's create a reason and give them all an excuse to leave....camoflaging the imminent attack.

Randomly attack the UK Embassy with a CIA or SF induced mob...attack the Embassy. Now, everyone has a good reason to leave.

Next up... Operation Santa Claus...

" the toys are down the chimney"..."repeat the Toys are down the chimney".... "Rudolph has left the North Pole...repeat... Rudolph has left the North Pole...."

"The Christmas Tree has been has been lit... the Christmas Tree has been lit..."

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

France, Germany and the Netherlands have already recalled their ambassadors from Tehran for consultations. Norway said it was temporarily closing its embassy there as a precaution, and Italian Foreign Minister Giulio Terzi said the Iranian ambassador to Rome was being summoned to give guarantees of security for Italy's mission in Tehran.

Multiple Ambassadors in Iran have been pulled out to participate in a European Foreign Ministers talk on Thursday.

"The meeting is a first chance to see if other countries in Europe will follow Britain in taking their own measures against Iran."

Lets not get hasty with speculations. Looks like they are attending a meeting in Brussels on Thursday to consult on future actions against Iran.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Maybe the incident was set up by the UK so that there`d be an excuse to withdraw their staff out of Iran.
Then for the other countries to follow because they know somethings going down.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
If all the ambassadors started leaving for no reason... that would point to an imminent attack.

So... let's create a reason and give them all an excuse to leave....camoflaging the imminent attack.

Randomly attack the UK Embassy with a CIA or SF induced mob...attack the Embassy. Now, everyone has a good reason to leave.

Next up... Operation Santa Claus...

" the toys are down the chimney"..."repeat the Toys are down the chimney".... "Rudolph has left the North Pole...repeat... Rudolph has left the North Pole...."

"The Christmas Tree has been has been lit... the Christmas Tree has been lit..."

Sorry. You beat me to it.
I hadn`t scrolled down that far before posting my thoughts.

Big possibility.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Love to see there nothink around here
and your close but you are just part off the problem
now think inside or outside the box but at lease THINK

new topics

top topics

join