It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Location of Holy Grail

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
And this is all an old trick of symbolism... there is NO CUP! The cup is a brillant symbol used by painters such as Rosetti and Chrétien de Troyes to represent the womb, especially the one of Mary Magdalene, which might have carried Jesus's offspring (the womb receives the "blood" of Jesus... blood refering to the lineage). In De Troyes's "Perceval", it actually takes a funny subtext, since Perceval enters into a place full of young people, and he encounters a beautiful young girl who reveals the "cup" to him... so much for satisfying your basic needs after a long perilous journel into wilderness!

I think that the whole story of the Sangreal is more a symbol used by some through history to spread the message of the love story between Jesus and Magdalene, which was rejected by the Catholic Church in very early times, or perhaps a plot used originally by the Merovingians to justify their royal blood (the sangreal="sang rial" in old French, which means the royal blood). I don't think there's any Grail on this planet, since anyways it would be impossible to know if this is the skull of Mary or not.

[edit on 12/1/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Are there actually people out there who still beleive there is an actual Cup of Christ!!

Have we been watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade one too many times.

Sangreal as we all know means Royal Blood.

The Holy Grail was the vessel containing the blood of Christ that was whisked away for Jeruselum by Joseph of Arimathea.

The Royal blood in question was the Child of Jesus, the vessel was Mary Magdelene there she is the Holy Grail, the vessel carrying the blood of Jesus.

A wild theory you may say?

I've heard wilder. One about about a wooden cup that contains droplets of Christs blood that can heal the sick, grant eternal life and change coke into Pepsi.

If you want a really wild theory....then how does this grab you?

That Mary Magdelene and Mary, the Mother of Jesus are one and the same person.

There is evidence that Jesus was a follower of Egyptian rituals and Magic and as anyone with a grasp of history knows the Egyptians had children with there Mothers, sisters etc in order to keep the bloodline pure.

Which means that Jesus and his Mother............

Well, I'm not saying that's true as it's based on no evidence whatsoever but if I was going to write a story and call it the bible it would easy to inspire confusion by naming 3 people Mary.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The whole story, same as Bible it self, went trough many revisions, which are done couple hundreds years after events that are mentioned in them.

StJude,
Do we for sure know that Jesus existed? If you love strange stories, what about one where Jesus was an alien? (Ebe � Project Serpo story)

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by StJude
Sangreal as we all know means Royal Blood.

Surely, it is from the French saint graal?

Do you have any links to back up that claim, because I can't find anything that does....from the Latin gradalis.

Edit:

Sang Rail means "Royal Blood".

[edit on 18/1/2006 by Odium]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
interesting info, thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

The Medieval Latin word gradale translates in Old French to graal, or greal, or greel, hence the English grail. Others derive the word from garalis or from cratalis (crater, a large bowl), but it most certainly means a dish. The derivation from grata in the latter part of the passage cited above or from agréer (to please) in the French romances is secondary. The explanation of San greal as sang real (kingly blood) did not occur until the later Middle Ages.

I got this from the Catholic Encyclopedia, and yes, I believe the grail is a literal dish, probably akin to the Seder plates used during Passover. It can't be a chalis Jeus drank from, since passages concerning The Last Supper in Matthew, Mark, and Luke ALL have Jesus refusing to drink with his deciples until they reunite in Heaven.

As to the location of the Grail, check this out.
I got this from a book called The Kolbrin:

The heart of Britain is the moon chalice which was brought here by the hands of
the Chief of the Kasini. He came shipborne to Rafinia, which is by the Mount of
Lud, against Ardmoal. Passing Insdruk, he came to Itene where he hid the
treasure in Trebethew. It was not captured, as men say, nor could it decay. In
the fullness of time it came to Kargwen. There it was kept secure with the Grail
stone and the ever-virgin vessel which was brought down the rays of the sun.
Thus it was that these treasures of Egypt came to Britain. This was the secret
of Britain.

With a little research, I found out that Kargwin is misspelled. The correct spelling is Caer Gwintiquic, and is now called Winchester in Hampshire. Hmm....maybe the Grail is somewhere on the grounds of Winchester Cathedral.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
BTW, if you thought the Grail was the only Jesus related relic NOT found, and in high demand, check out this site:

en.wikipedia.org...:Relics_attributed_to_Jesus

You'll will be amazed!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StJude
There is evidence that Jesus was a follower of Egyptian rituals and Magic and as anyone with a grasp of history knows the Egyptians had children with there Mothers, sisters etc in order to keep the bloodline pure.

Which means that Jesus and his Mother............

Well, I'm not saying that's true as it's based on no evidence whatsoever but if I was going to write a story and call it the bible it would easy to inspire confusion by naming 3 people Mary.

I'd like to see this "evidence" that Jesus followed Egyptian rituals and magic.

Also, Mary was a very common name then as it is now. Not unusual for there to be three Marys in the story of Jesus.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Nevermind on the evidence of Jesus' involvment in Egyptian mysticism. I found it in another post you did in another thread. Thanks anyway.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
According to an old Grail scholar I once took a class from, the Grail is similar to Alchemy. They are symbolic representations of the quest for spiritual enlightenment within a Christian context.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Come now people all this was settled in 1975. The Holy Grail is held in the castle Aaaagh. Or was that just a grail shaped beacon?

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Gee, maybe we ALL got it wrong...maybe it's the St. Pauli Girl!!

Hey, if we're going to compare a girl to a cup, and a baby to a sucking chest wound, then we can go ANYWHERE!

BTW, Do you think the Grail CAN turn Coke into Pepsi?

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Come now people all this was settled in 1975. The Holy Grail is held in the castle Aaaagh. Or was that just a grail shaped beacon?

The castle Anthrax, where brave Sir Galahad tried gallantly to face the peril, but alas was not allowed to, and was rescued against his will.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sorry to butt-in again, but I didn't see these links posted and figured you all might find some insight from them. Here ya go.

www.britannia.com...

www.rosslyntemplars.org.uk...

You may or may not buy into the notion that the Grail at Valencia is "The one, The only...GRAIL!!" but what the heck, it's a fun read.

Happy reading!

[edit on 28-2-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The idea of it being 'wooden' is loosely based on the idea that Jesus was a carpenter (spelling).

Not exactly... Jesus had pretty much hammered his last nail some years before this.... The idea of it being wooden is more related to the status of where the last supper was held, and it was more likely that any drinking vessels were wooden (most likely) or ceramic (less likely), rather than gold or silver (highly unlikely)....

The Holy Grail is an implausible idea at best. Do you really think the followers were thinking to even save such an item? I seriously doubt it...they had other things to worry about. Not to mention, this would mean the cup was basically then stolen from their hosts. No, it's more likely that it was a simple, everyday wooden or ceramic cup, that if surviving today, does so only as fragments that would never be identified as such...

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Gazrok]

Then again, that's what miracles are, right?

BTW If Jesus and his aspostles had their Last Supper together at Jesus's Uncles house (Joseph of Arimatheia) then the cup could well have become a gift.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Do we have any members in the Herefordshire, England area?? I have a VERY SERIOUS question to ask. I've come to the conclusion that the Nanteos Cup is now located in the vault of Lloyd's Bank. (In Herefordshire.)

The problem is making SURE that's where it is. Surely, some of the locals will know this.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't want to be a 'Christian Knocker', but there is much in Christian dogma that deserves knocking - or at least deserves having its windows opened wide so that the breeze of questioning can blow through. So why not start with the Holy Grail? I'm up for that. Rosslyn? Why not? But what are we seeking here? The real head of Christ or a resting ground for Templar Treasure? Or something else? I love Dan Brown's novel to bits, but Professor Barbara Theiring's work on Gospel codes is better! So let's base discussion on intellect rather than 'silly stuff'. I recommend the book 'Bloodline of the Holy Grail' (Gardner).

[edit on 1-3-2006 by spooknost]

[edit on 1-3-2006 by spooknost]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The catholic church started the dogma re: Mary Magdeline being a prostitute. There is no other proof that she was one.

It makes no sense whatsoever that the chalice is in fact a chalice. If Christ was martyred, then it would make sense that a chalice caught his blood so that in future a test of his blood could be performed - when such technology would exist. But then only to identify his off-spring.

It may turn out that the main purpose of Christ existing was not just the spread of spiritual truths for the world weary but that his prodigeny would play a significant role in the end times as prophesised.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I believe that Saul/Paul, our tent-making friend, started the trade in dogma which was later grabbed and developed by the Emperor Constantine when he miraculously saw a cross in the sky above his battlefield and suddenly became Christian. Of course, people could not venerate a wordly Jesus AND worship the equally wordly Emperor, so Jesus mystically becomes the Son of God. Christians are then able to venerate the Emperor AND worship Jesus. Problem solved! Mary? She was just a woman in the eyes of the early Church and as long as she was a 'prostitute' was not dangerous. Of course, if she was the wife of Jesus............? So, a postituite she became.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
The catholic church started the dogma re: Mary Magdeline being a prostitute. There is no other proof that she was one.

It makes no sense whatsoever that the chalice is in fact a chalice. If Christ was martyred, then it would make sense that a chalice caught his blood so that in future a test of his blood could be performed - when such technology would exist. But then only to identify his off-spring.

It may turn out that the main purpose of Christ existing was not just the spread of spiritual truths for the world weary but that his prodigeny would play a significant role in the end times as prophesised.

Well, it makes slightly more sense when you consider the Bible doesn't define a prostitute as a woman who has sex for money. Rather, it defines it as a woman who has sex before she's legally wed.

One more thing: IF "The Grial" is Mary, what exactly needs protecting? Mary's tomb? Surely not from the Catholics (who profess the grail doesn't exist in ANY form, and frankly don't care about the rhetoric.) Protection for Jesus's Desendants? Hey, if you're going to suck it ALL up, you have to concede the Merovingians and the Royal Families of Europe are one of the same! Oh...wait a minute...a goodly batch of European Royalty is *gasp!*Catholic! (Okay, I'm sure there's an Episcopalian in there too...and at least a few Church Of England'ers)

Let's sum it up this way: Would you follow a politician (much less a King) if he said he desended from Christ?

Sorry gang...sometimes a cup is just a cup.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by Toelint]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join