It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Location of Holy Grail

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well, another well worn story brought back to life, sorry for those who have read this stuff ad infanitum.
Here's my take on it:

When people talk of the 'Holy Grail' they are refering to the chalice of life. This is what many base their theories on what the Holy grail, taking the literal meaning. The idea of it being 'wooden' is loosely based on the idea that Jesus was a carpenter (spelling).

Apparently sections of christianity believe that Jesus Christ was actually married to Mary Magdalin (the prostitute). These two (if your research is done correctly) were actually both from royal bloodlines. They combined to create the Merovingian Bloodline, the same line which founded Paris.

The ones who protect the 'Holy Grail' are the Priory of Sion, they in turn protect the last two true bloodlines of the Merovingians (Plantards and Saint-Clair).

The Priory of Sion are said to be protecting not a literal cup of life, but the original pagan symbolic meaning of 'Holy grail'; the Holy Feminity. The pagans worshipped among other things a number of female gods who were said to be the creators. If you understand this and do further research you will see that the Holy Grail is not a cup of life, but actually the Sarcophagus (spelling) of Mary Magdalin. It is said that it is hidden in France, possibly in Paris.

Rosslyn Chapel has some interesting glyphs regarding the location and form of the Holy Grail, or cup of life.

There are numerous books that delve into the symbols of various religions. The star of david is actually two opposing triangles (one facing up - representing the sword - man, and the second faciong downwards representing the cradle of life/holy grail/womb - woman). The references to women in christian chapels, for example the ridges on the ceiling represent the entrance to the womb. The stage area is the womb and the two opposing wings at the rear are the ovaries.

I propose an ATS research group to start seriously looking for the Holy Grail, I know there are endless amounts of people looking, but who knows we may come across some original information. And seeing this is an international community, many people from all over the world can research at their countries great libraries where most of the original texts from this time are located.

Or you can just flame me for my blasphemy (spelling).

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I feel like I read this somewhere before....

thinking...

Aha! The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Correct, still I am interested in researching this theory more.

I have read the book to counter The Da Vinci code called 'Cracking the Da Vinci Code' and found it interesting but still lean towards the idea that the the Holy Grail is not literally a cup.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The Priory of Zion may or may not exist, no one is sure, except the members of the priory of course; if they exist at all.

And no offense but I don't think this needs to be in RATS, just my opinion.

Happy hunting.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I thought I would put it in here so only those who have been dedicated in their posts (ie gathering enough points to enter RATS) can partake, I know it's judgemental but I wouldn't want random people entereing making a comment and leaving. Those in RATS are more dedicated to the site and what it offers in my opinion. PLus with a smaller, hopefully more organised group work will be done more productivly

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Let it go Indiana....
You cant take the cup past the great seal anyway....

Is there a reasonable location that most scholors believe this could be? even a close guess?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
yer i have read this, interesting stuff after reading the TDC book. might be going to rosyln abbey near edinburgh soon. if i get a digi camera before then am hoping to take pics

rynaldo

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You won't find anything by concentrating on the Priory of Sion. The whole thing was just one big hoax.

home.graffiti.net...

This link was posted a few months back by Masonic Light in the Secret Socities forum. It explains how the Priory was just a deception created by Pierre Plantard.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The quest for the grail is a quest for eternal life!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
The quest for the grail is a quest for eternal life!

That is up to major debate within the circles of people looking for the grail.

As for clues, if you read TDC it says that the Holy Grail/Cradle of life/Holy Feminity is located at the base of the inverted pyramid in Paris. I don't believe that it is located there though.

I honestly think it would in either in France or England (possibly Scotland), but as yet have no solid information as to it's whereabouts.

rynaldo82, can't wait for you to show the pictures.

Does anyone here know people who can read ancient texts ro can assist us?

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Ezekial]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The Grail is full of Green Jello! (sorry i just wanted the one-liner to see how dumb that looks).

The Da Vinci Code was a good book, but let's not get too tangled up in this.

I have no problem with the idea that Jesus was married and maybe even had children. That's only to be expected from a religious jew. Mary Magdaline helped prepare his body along with his mother, and your wife and mother were the ones who generally would do that I've heard.

The problem is that the idea that Jesus may have been married has been hijacked to make incredible assumptions. In order for the idea that Mary Magdalene is the grail to be the faith-shattering revelation that is represented in TDC, you have to start with the assumption that Christianity is based on truth, and then you have to make several leaps of logic from there.

1. Jesus is devine. I wont say one way or another, but it needs to be remembered that Jesus was a respectable tradesman of noble blood who preached a message of political implications in the years leading up to an attempted Jewish revolution. He could be compared in many ways to our founding fathers here in America- they were respected upperclass tradesmen of certain religious convictions which impacted their opinion towards the government.

2. Mary Magdalene is also devine. This is not necessarily true. Jesus' wife is not necessarily any more a devine manifestation than Einstein's wife is a physicist. What unfulfilled purpose is there in Chrisitianity, except perhaps in Mormon beliefs where the wives of an ascended God give birth to the people under that God. The problems with mormonism speak for themselves though- no offense towards the LDS, but go to the ancient civilization forum and tell them the story that Joe Smith taught (gold tablets in an unknown dialect of egyptian telling a remarkable story about the history of America which native american stories and archaeological records leave little if any room for. And sorry, but i dont have the tablets anymore. On top of all that, Moroni (the one who gave Smith the tablets) would be the only angel named in Christianity whos name does not end in god or "el". The only two in the traditional bible are Michael and Gabriel- Who is like God, and Strength of God, respectively. But I digress.)

3. The devine Mary Magdalene represents a specifically feminine aspect of God, even though Jesus did not represent a specifically masculine aspect. (In fact, in that Jesus is seen by Christianity as "the suffering messiah" through whom people are to be born again, JESUS would be considered the feminine messiah, and the conquering messiah who is expected at Armageddon would be the masculine one).

There are of course others I'm sure, if we pondered long enough. My point is that proving Jesus had a wife and even children is a moot point until you build upon that in a way pertaining to Christianity's core doctrine of salvation by faith.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It is very clear to understand that Jesus had a wife and children.

With this said, the whole religion of Christianity is a false religion. But the grasp of Christianity has clung to the majority of the world that the idea of Jesus having a wife and children is absurd and never heard of- a taboo even.

The evidence is clear:

1) Jesus was a rabbi and a well respected man through the land of Israel. An unmarried Jewish man is considered a curse, therefore he can't be a rabbi.

2) The wedding at Capernaum was Jesus' wedding. His mother asked him to do something about the wine. According to Jewish tradition, only the groom and bride can provide food/beverage at the wedding. Mary knew this which is the reason why he asked her son, because it was his wedding.

There are many more examples/truths.

The Holy Grail is not a cup, it's a metaphor for the blood lineage of Jesus.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Key word being 'MAN'. Jesus always proclaimed himself as being this... never did he utter the words 'I am the Son of God'. Sure, he claimed God was his Father, but when speaking to the masses, it was 'I am the Son of Man'.

To me, this would say he had more 'humanity' than 'divinity'. Jesus could love (especially the children), he could hate (the tax collectors in the temple), he sought revenge (Egyptian Gnostics, from his childhood), and he felt fear and doubt (the night in the garden), among more 'human frailities'. The Book of Mary, for one example, even told of his love towards Mary of Magdaline (she who was most beloved of all the disciples).

To think Jesus did not love Mary as a man loves a woman is to deny what it is that makes us human. If Jesus was to save mankind, should he not know all of what he was fighting for?

Yes, I am one of those who does believe Jesus wed Mary, and had children... apparently, the Knights Templar felt the same way.

(Oh, by the way, Mary of Mag was not the prostitute... that was a different woman. The ones resposible for organizing the Hebrew Bible grouped a few different women together, in an attempt to discredit Mrs. Jesus).

Anyway, about the Grail...

I for one would think it is a cup or chalice. No one doubts that King Arthur's sword was actually a pen, or that Job's Coat of Many Colours was actually a chameleon cloaking device. When dealing with ancient manuscripts, the writers took pains to describe what they saw, to the best of their knowledge and didn't use metaphors... example being Ezekiel's Wheel (descriptive) compared to Genesis (metaphoric).

As to see if it truly gives eternal life, that's for the finder to discover.

I would like to partake in this research group, if it ever arises... but don't expect me to enter the cave guarded by the dreaded beast with great fangs, unless, of course, you aquire a Holy Hand gernade (and the number of the count shall be three, not two, least ye count to three... four is way out).

*Hey, if an Indiana Jones refrence can be made, I can do this one as well!*

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The Vagabond you bring some interesting views, I am not steadfast in my believe on what the grail is, and if it proves to be somethin other than I thought, i am happy to change sides, DENY INGNORANCE (sorry I had to do that).

Illmatic67 The Holy Grail is not a cup, it's a metaphor for the blood lineage of Jesus.
I too believe this, but further research could lead to that idea to be bebunked.

soothsayer Well, I think we should actually start finding out who here is actually seriously interested in this idea, and then seperate ourselves into our specialities. The problem is that I have no real skill other than interpretation of meanings, and possibly web research - but anyone can do that.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I remember seeing this a long time ago, and I don't remember where, but if the grail is an actual cup this one is the best candidate out of all of them. There is not much information on it here, but I will try and see if I can find more later. The family that posesses it is of a bloodline closely connected to the grail lore. Here is a small picture and story:

www.geocities.com...

Hopefully, tomorrow I will have some more info. on it.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Today the Cup is no longer at Nanteos but it is in safe keeping, not too far away.

Interesting site, I wonder what they mean by not too far away?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
The evidence is clear:

1) Jesus was a rabbi and a well respected man through the land of Israel. An unmarried Jewish man is considered a curse, therefore he can't be a rabbi.

Not a curse. There was even a branch of the Essene sect (that some believe Jesus belonged to) where marriage was forbidden - they were called the Ossaeans.

www.essene.com...'nai-Amen/NasaraeansAndOssaeans.htm

But I follow the line that Jesus would have come from the Nazorean branch of the Essenes - he was Jesus of "Nazareth" after all. We know that the name "Nazareth" is probably a corruption, as the town itself did not exist in Jesus' time.

Still, even though Jesus might have been married, it doesn't mean that Jews looked on unmarried men as cursed - the Ossaeans were very respected rabbis.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
I wonder what they mean by not too far away?

If I remember correctly the family that owns the cup kept it inside a sort of "secret room" inside of their house. They thought that not having the Grail out in public would be safer so that people wouldn't think it is the grail. Also, they would only take it out and show it to one priest who would pour water into it and then take the water back to the church, and give drops of water to the sick. I wish I could remember where I saw this and provide more information, but I will keep looking.

I believe that they took the cup to another one of their houses that is more secluded out in the countryside if I remember correctly. I do remember that the family would not let the filming crew show who they were (blocked out faces and voices) or disclose their location, because they said it may threaten the grail being stolen.

I'll keep looking for more info.!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Found some more info, and take the time to read each one of them carefully...

www.britannia.com...

Here is a small video, you'll need quicktime to see it:
www.tobymacdonald.co.uk...

mywebpage.netscape.com...

www.scribenews.com...

www.orderofthegrail.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The idea of it being 'wooden' is loosely based on the idea that Jesus was a carpenter (spelling).

Not exactly... Jesus had pretty much hammered his last nail some years before this.... The idea of it being wooden is more related to the status of where the last supper was held, and it was more likely that any drinking vessels were wooden (most likely) or ceramic (less likely), rather than gold or silver (highly unlikely)....

The Holy Grail is an implausible idea at best. Do you really think the followers were thinking to even save such an item? I seriously doubt it...they had other things to worry about. Not to mention, this would mean the cup was basically then stolen from their hosts. No, it's more likely that it was a simple, everyday wooden or ceramic cup, that if surviving today, does so only as fragments that would never be identified as such...

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Gazrok]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join