It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the John Titor Confession Real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hey, I recently got into the John Titor conspiracy. In case you guys aren't familiar with it, John Titor was a man claiming to be a time traveler from the future, and he posted a bunch of predictions and photos proving his claim. A lot of the predictions were proven to be wrong, so I've always been pretty skeptical. However, it's a really interesting story and the science Titor used for his time machine was pretty sound.

Anyway, I found this video that was posted like yesterday (?) on youtube. Apparently this guy is claiming to have made the whole John Titor conspiracy for a school project -- it was all a hoax. Does anyone know if this guy is for real? I posted on another thread about this, but I don't know if anyone is checking up on it. I'm really curious. Personally, although I think the whole John Titor thing was a hoax, this guy doesn't seem legit. I just get a fake feeling from him. What are your guys thoughts? Here's the link:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I do not believe anything that man just said. He's completely full of it and very insincere in my opinion.

He's too young to have created the Titor information. Look at him minus 15 years. That's how long Titor's information has been on the web.

Also, an attorney has represented Titor and his family for years. Where is he in this?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

Yeah, as I said -- I agree. He seems like a fake. As for the age, though, he could possibly squeak by. He looks like he's in his early thirties, which would mean he could have been anywhere from late teens to early twenties when he made his alleged hoax. I mean, this liar has a freaking bald spot for god's sake.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMalacoda

this is crap...this is like a double hoax... Honestly he is just up for sensationalism because if he was really interested in righting his wrongs about this "hoax" he says he did, then he would prove it on the videos. Simply showing the time travel device that he made and the outfitted camero in some new pictures with him in them would probably be enough. Or simply log into ALL of the forums he posted in and start posting again... He is holding out to entice coast to coast AM to get his 15 minutes of fame instead of just uploading a you tube video and answering questions that way.

and as someone else said he is FAR FAR too young to have pulled off the Titor stunt at his pubescent age he looks about 28 so he would probably be 13 or so when the Titor thing started...
edit on 1-12-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'm not going to rule the guy out, but I agree, it does seem as though he is scamming his way on to Coast to Coast.

As for time travel in general, I have a few thoughts on that:

The only way we will ever find any evidence of time travel, is when it is invented. If time travel exists in the future, then I would assume time travelers would have traveled to many different eras in our past already. In doing so, they have always kept it a secret. If they kept it a secret all this time, why reveal it to us now? If time travel exists, then obviously, they want it to remain hidden.

Also, I would venture to say that when we invent a time machine, and someone decides to travel into the future, I say to them, farewell, for I doubt I will see your return. As soon as you arrive in the future, you will most likely be taken into custody, and in order to protect their timeline, you will not be allowed to ever come back.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
People keep bringing up the whole age thing. So let's say maybe at the oldest he was 15 when doing this whole "John Titor" thing. Let's be honest with ourselves. I mean a lot of us were just as nerdy at age 15. I personally remember belonging to and writing on several different forums at that age. I wasn't discussing time travel but what I was doing was discussing things like the nature of the universe, and various metaphysical concepts. Now I'm not saying I was some physics wiz but my grammar and the way I presented myself on various online communities hasn't varied much at all. I'm an adult now, but I still act the same way online pretty much. Honestly, who cares if it's him or not? I hope it is. Good riddance. This thing has drawn on long enough. I didn't think anyone even cared anymore. And I honestly do hope the guy gets on coast to coast (I doubt it though). The guests they've had on lately have been a snooze fest. At least I can listen about something cool like time travel. John Titor or no Titor. What was their last guest? Wasn't it something about sound healing? I literally fell asleep listening to it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

please provide evidence for the claim that the titor tail has been ongoing over 15 years , i count < 12

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

the problem is that nothing the origional titor claimant said has proved to be true

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
although i do not believe in John Titor , but this guy looks faker than John Titor , i mean seriously if he was the guy why read from a paper ? doesn't he know every thing he faked ?

just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

the problem is that nothing the origional titor claimant said has proved to be true

A believer would point out that this doesn't disprove anything, just evidence of alternate time lines....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
If this is genuine, one thing that guy could do would be to log into the original John Titor forum account (on whatever forum that was, if it still exists!) and start posting again. I wouldn't worry about his age too much. Some people age really well, so he may be considerably older than he looks.

If this is the John Titor, I wonder why he would have waited so long to come forward and confess his hoax. I wonder if that attorney in Florida is in on this? Well, I guess we'll see.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The confession is not real nor is John Titor.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It's hard to believe in John Titor's multiverse theory explaining why none of his predictions became true because such a claim is unfalsifiable. You can't back up your claim with another claim that can't be proven. For example, I remember I saw this post from some nut who said that John Titor couldn't have time traveled for the sole reason that the oldest alien race (The Zetans) would have had time travel if it were possible, and the Zetans don't. Now, I'm not saying the Zetans don't exist (which they don't), but this nut could have easily had said "John Titor couldn't have time traveled because the voices in my head told me so." That's the problem with unfalsifiable claims....you can't argue with crazy

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hahaha. That would be a twist. It's John Titor but not the John Titor that made the posts. He's apologizing on behalf of his jackass future self from an alternate timeline.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Titor said ... "The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII."

I was thinking - isn't this pretty much accurate thus far? Sure, there hasn't been a 'Waco-type' event EVERY MONTH, since 2004, but to someone 32 years in the future from that date, one might think Fort Hood, Tucson, etc, might seem like they were happening all the time in the 2000s/2010s decades.

Anyway, the guy claiming to be John Titor - let's bombard his YouTube page and video with questions! I wanna know this!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

i would point out that if you use the ` alternate dimension ` cop-out then the entire premise fails

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I can't turn up my speakers at the moment, perhaps a blessing in disguise, the guy is bogus, let me at least offer him an option to provide actual proof...

Where's the box? No time machine box, no good.

It's just a hoax of a hoax (unless the exact time machine box is revealed).

Oh yeah... and he'd have to get Larry Haber to admit he is the real deal as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I can't turn up my speakers at the moment, perhaps a blessing in disguise, the guy is bogus, let me at least offer him an option to provide actual proof...

Where's the box? No time machine box, no good.

It's just a hoax of a hoax (unless the exact time machine box is revealed).

Oh yeah... and he'd have to get Larry Haber to admit he is the real deal as well.

Let's give him a chance. I'm skeptical too, but let's give him a chance to deliver.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
He says he is 43 on his yt page... yet he is clearly around 25 years old.

1st John Titor fax in 1998:

25 years old now, 12 years old in 1998

It's possible an 11 year old would mistake you for a 43 year old but not me, you're younger than me, I can tell because older people can always tell when someone is younger than them, the math doesn't add up.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
He says he is 43 on his yt page... yet he is clearly around 25 years old.

1st John Titor fax in 1998:

25 years old now, 12 years old in 1998

It's possible an 11 year old would mistake you for a 43 year old but not me, you're younger than me, I can tell because older people can always tell when someone is younger than them, the math doesn't add up.

Oh I should clarify. He's not saying he is John Titor. He's saying John Titor never existed and he made up the character.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join