It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two lesbians raised a baby, and THIS is who they got

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Great post.... I feel that the gender or sexual orientation of the parentsis not important (though the gay marriage issue is part of the story)...... What IS important, is the fact that he was raised by two dedicated and loving parents, who love him and raised him right. The title should be
"Two Parents Showed Love and Support...Took Parenting Seriously....and THIS is What They Got"
edit on 12/1/2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

edit on 12/1/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
It's not about this kid being raised succesfully. That is not the issue.

The issue is two women who have 0% possibility of having their 'own' children. Without male help this proves two things....

- Homosexuality isn't biologically normal
- Homosexuals crave for what fully healthy heterosexuals can do biologically 100% of the time - have children
- Homosexuals cannot be satisfied with being different as they have chosen, as they find the biologically natural urge as an individual to have children but they need something their partner cannot ever give...

Ok 3 things....

It's both sad and amusing.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I am completely opposed to gay marriage, and even more opposed to the idea of two gay people wanting to raise a child. But, this does not mean they wouldn't be able to do it.

My opposition is based - and this subject is wholly ignored by those who oppose the opponents of gay marriage (probably because they don't articulate this) - on a metaphysical ideal I believe humanity should strive for.

And, as for this kid, to be honest, this guy is a little arrogant... I get he's trying to convey confidence, but perhaps its too much....It's a little bit of a turn off for me. He sounds like a prep boy.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A young man overcompensating his need for acceptance after a life of not feeling accepted even though he might've been....

Always having to have a higher grade than the rest going for the best possible career moves.. at 19... Just so that he can date that girl that he loves and at the end of the evening when he baffled her with his achievements to hope she will not flea the scene when he reveals that his parents are gay....

That's what I see... and maybe I am wrong. I hope I am wrong. I always found it strange gay people wanted to get married because in my country they could already register as partners. But as it didn't affect me I was happy for them when the bill got accepted as one of the first if not the first country in the world where they could legally get married.

On the topic of kids I always felt the world wasn't ready for it and that the child would suffer from a nasty childhood because of it. Now I see a young boy that although he might be speaking from his heart tells me a different story. I'm not saying that he is unhappy or anything but his last words are not true in this day and age.
Even if he once was laughed at in school because of his parents his reaction and emotions would already have an influence on his character. Probably a positive one hearing him talk.

I hope people realize that my reasons for being against adoption in this case was always the well being of the child. This young man doesn't tell me my reasons were wrong, but for sure as hell he's a spark of hope and I truly hope that these children really do not have anything negative in their life because of their parents or what I really should say,

Because of the the reaction of the people/community around them.

@the guy claiming being gay is not natural... it's been proven already scientifically that that's a myth...
Really??? Unnatural ?? perhaps you remember the uproar in Canada and Poland about the gay animals they had.. There plenty of observations in wild that were done that proved the same.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Even if you disagree with gay parents being equaly good parents as heterosexual couples, you have to admit that such a family is still a better alternative than single-parent family or, god forbid, foster care.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I hope they're allowed to have kids cause what makes them different to heterosexuals?

This whole thing where people are judged on sexuality, race, religion etc is just ridiculous, especially in today's world where we're more connected to one another and therefore should have the capacity for tolerance and not prejudice.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I like this young man and he spoke well......However I am do not think choosing this lifestyle is the wisest choice. Nevertheless it is a CHOICE.

There are reasons why God is against it and told man to not do it. However by his grace everyone gets to choose who they serve.......for now.

Judgement day is coming with a quickness and I hope for all our sakes we learn to heed his words of wisdom as time tends to reveal the reasons behind why they were given in the first place.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have got to say that is one brilliant orator.

I am truly impressed at his ability to convey the lack of effect his parents sexual orientation has had on him.

Bravo!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

I agree with your character analysis.

Question is, will kids like him always exist? Will there always be an overachieving kid desirous to prove the naysayers wrong???

The morality of this question should not be based on the feasibility of raising a good child with strong character. I know enough people whose parents lived a completely hectic lifestyle, took things to the extreme, yet their children developed with a strong sense of character i.e. self. Morality, being a side issue.

The question of gay marriage, for me anyways, is couched in a metaphysical conception of life. This argument is too often ignored (or not understood), and swiped aside, as if it weren't the base argument of the Bibles prohibition of homosexuality to begin with.

Creation is composed of two opposite, and complementary forces. A Masculine, and a feminine energy. Everything in the universe is meant to unite and relate in this context. Adam and Eve are the paradigm of this relationship. The feminine emerges from the Masculine, just as creation emerges from non-existence. Or as plants and vegetation, emerges from the earth after being nourished by the rain. Or, as a man gives of his seed - the potential for life, and growth, to the female, who takes that potentiality, and gives it expression in the birth of a child.

When there is too much left i.e. femininity, or too much right i.e. masculinity, disorder erupts. The disorder may not be immediately apparent, just as living a life of excess will not yield its fruit until the very end.

A society which sanctions the union, and marriage, between two couples of the same sex, ratifies a paradigm of disorder and metaphysical chaos (undifferentiation), where the union of the two opposite, balancing energies are neglected. Where the physicality of the two individuals, is ignored, and the reality of the problem it will create, treated as non-existent.

This kid, and his family, is an expression of a desire to prove those who doubt the normality of gay marriage, wrong. Similarly, Charlie Sheen, out of egotism, is able to prove others wrong. He can live life to the total extreme, and return to a relative calm. Is it balanced, normal, or psychologically or spiritually healthy? Of course not. But his egotism pushes him forward.

Problem is, our society is secular, atheistic, and doesn't appreciate the ontological significance of metaphysics - even though it's system, as well known by its sociologists, is based on a competing metaphysical model.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
reply to post by eleven44

if the victim, 19 y/o zack, was raised by 2 thespians, and it had no effect on him, then wouldn't his testimony be moot? He is basicly saying it did NOT have a positive effect on him. So his argument is pointless. Sorry Zack, thats the way the law works. Next please.

What the young man said was actually that the fact his parents are gay has not affected his upringing.

Further, learn to pay attention or end up working as a shoe shine. Sorry TylerDurden2U, that's how the world works. Next please.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Garfee because: sp

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by daggyz
It's not about this kid being raised succesfully. That is not the issue.

The issue is two women who have 0% possibility of having their 'own' children. Without male help this proves two things....

- Homosexuality isn't biologically normal
- Homosexuals crave for what fully healthy heterosexuals can do biologically 100% of the time - have children
- Homosexuals cannot be satisfied with being different as they have chosen, as they find the biologically natural urge as an individual to have children but they need something their partner cannot ever give...

Ok 3 things....

It's both sad and amusing.

Your last line sums up your post.

There you go with 'chosen' as if they have decided their sexuality. I guess when you chose yours the decision was easy. When did you choose yours? Are you telling me you can become gay?
Homosexuality is biologically normal.
Gays have maternal/paternal instincts the same as hetero's.
I suggest you open your mind and heart a little.
edit on 1-12-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

Ha Ha. Hilarious. Yes, I know popelk who chose to be homosexual. To think it's thrust upon you (excuse the pun) is rediculous. I have a friend who wen tthroug the whole gambit. he's now married as has children and yes, he chose both ways but realised it was stupid when he saw a real family one night.

You didn't take in what I wrote. My point was 'exactly' that they have paternal/maternal instincts, thats exactly what I said to get my point that two homosexuals have them but can't do anything about it naturally without outside help, 100% of the time. Nature cannot give them urges they can';t fulfill to propogate a planet.

It's the same old argument of an island full of homosexuals of one gender. They'd die out. Nature doesn't make things that cannot exist. And only in a modern world can a homosexual have a baby without being a hypocrite to ones sexuality and having sex with the other gender for propogation purposes.

It's such a lame arguement to say 'I was born this way'. It's bollocks and my friend says he said it because others do to try convince themselves they have no control over it. he conformed to what they said ebcause it was easier than facing the truth. (his words). I can only trust the words of someone coming out of homosexuality as to what the talk ad thoughts were.

My heart is open to the sad plight I see and my heart is more open than you think why is why some change after meeting me.

So yes, the whole thing of homosexuals needing to have children by artifical means 100% of the time of neccessity is still both sad and amusing at the same time.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

What if Ibelieved that intolerant people should not have marriages or kids -- and enough people agreed with me -- where would people who have your prejudices be then?

That's quite the hypothetical question, however, it lacks any practicability because enough people would never agree with you. It is human nature to be intolerant, it is not human nature to be gay.

I am tolerant as possible by the way, but when it comes to children I believe that the world is a hard enough place to try and grow up these days without that added set of "circumstances".

[enough people would never agree with you

Never hear of Ancient Sparta? Women were only for reproduction -- you would be FORCED to partner with a man to fight in the military -- our die. You would not be required to LOVE that man, however -- just "prison love." You seem to be teaching the "tyranny of the majority" -- which is why we decided to go with REPRESENTATIONAL Democracy and not a pure Democracy in the first place. The Puritans were fleeing religious persecution, but they were OK with burning witches later on when they got some power in Massachusetts.

Persecuting the Puritans was wrong, and Puritans persecuting alleged witches was wrong. I'm not for ignorant people being persecuted -- just admonished -- and I urge you to get on the right side of a clear "civil rights" issue.

Yours is an argument that stands on the shoulders of giants; the "tough on kids" argument was used against people of different colors getting married. America moved on with woman's Suffrage, ended slavery and of course, tried to stave off rule by tyrants for a few decades -- you are standing against the tide of history.

If I died, I'd prefer my kids to be raised by a happy gay couple rather than a selfish Libertarian, or some pedo working at a church somewhere... there are all kinds of BAD parents. My kids aren't going to tease anyone else's kids -- not even yours.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
this video proves absolutely nothing to me.
WOW one kid turns out normal being raised by homosexuals!

if you really wanted to go for shock value, show me the data that said homosexuals only raise incompetent bottom feeder children..

this is so cliche I cant stand threads like this.

Good message but wrong delivery.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

oh. Is thate why austrians say mate?? Becuase there is no specific gender in that continent, just partners?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This country has SO MANY excuses now not to do the Right Thing.

We cannot arrest crooked banksters. We cannot protect the environment from exploitation. We cannot lead the world in alternative energy. We cannot educate kids, afford health care, and of course, balance our checkbooks.

I think that this discussion about "Mexicans crossing the border" and "Gay Marriage" is just the nonsense of a backward nation. We are allowed to get upset over stupid things that don't REALLY affect our lives, so that those who take advantage of our misery can keep doing it.

This article kind of hits this point home for me;
Homophobia: A Mark of Loser Nations

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

A little too well spoken if you ask me and stylish to...he's gotta be gay...Just kidding.
Hats of to him for proving that the sexual orientation of parents have no barings on the development of their kids in a well spoken, polite and intelligent maner.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Shall we Judge? God has,, Though you can find many Churches that says you shall not Judge, Well that is what one would expect from the world Churches,, Go to the Church of your choice and Hear the same message. Come out of Her Says the lord.
And these are those Regardless of What Church they attend Will Not Enter The Kingdom,,,,,,,

1Co 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

1Co 6:10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,

Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,

Gal 5:21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 5:5 For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Rev 21:8 “But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
A VERY RARE outcome of a person brought up by a gay couple.

My step sister is bi more towards lesbian and is raising her twin daughters with her long term partner. Personally I see how her children are raised and I see how children raised in more traditional familys funilly enough its those children raised in a male female parental figure relationship that are getting in trouble with the cops all the time her children are very polite caring and buckle down at school. Its time people accepted the sex and sexuality of parents and focused on whats really important such as getting kids who are growing criminals propper care to finish up growing up correctly and keep them out of the prison system

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Yet we Humans all start as female in the womb and many nautral denizens of this world do not use male/female sex for reproduction.

Strange no?

Very Meta.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Even if you disagree with gay parents being equaly good parents as heterosexual couples, you have to admit that such a family is still a better alternative than single-parent family or, god forbid, foster care.

Great children can also come from single homes, foster care, and abusive parents. There is really nothing to "prove". It may be a nice feel good story to people who feel strongly about gay marriage, but that's it. If I post some video of a foster child at 19 making a nice speech who gets good grades is that proof that more kids should be raised as foster children?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join