It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two lesbians raised a baby, and THIS is who they got

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
A VERY RARE outcome of a person brought up by a gay couple.
It seems we have an expert on board! Did you form your opinion through direct knowledge. E.G. participation in raising a child as half of a homosexual partnership?
OR are you just stating your opinion?
If so, based on what criteria?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
People should just mind their own business
I support gay marriage, and allowing them to parent.

Why the hell not? There are far more incompetent parents that are hetero,
As long as a child gets love,
Is cared for
Then what is the issue? I can count at least 5 people that i know that should not be parents, and are having more kids even though they are ignorant and lazy. It makes me mad, because children should not have to be put in that type of situation,
Barely any food
No phone
Unable to get power other than "included" with the rent

C'mon,
How about putting a ban on anyone having children unless their home makes enough to support that child? I like that idea.

Once again. Mind your own business, this man obviously turned out fine, and having two same sex parents has no effect on how they turn out, everyone deserves to love and be loved, and to have a family.

If someone told me i could not have a child based on my sexuality, i would have a giant middle finger pointed in their direction. The government should not dictate how people should behave, what they can and cannot do based on sex.

People are not crappy parents because they are gay
People are crappy parents because they are crappy parents.
edit on 1/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This kid is a helluvan orator. Excellent presence as well. Beats the hell out of the tools we see vying for your vote at this moment. When will he be old enough for public service? The voters need SOMEONE they can vote for and this guy has the right stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
A VERY RARE outcome of a person brought up by a gay couple.

The supporting data seems to be missing.

I bet it will be -interesting-.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by GambitVII

You viewed my stance as pro-gay. Interesting.
I'm neither for it or against it. I'm a heterosexual woman.
If a gay couple moved in next door to me, I would judge them on their personalities.
If they're jerks, I won't associate with them.
If they're nice, I'd hope they'd have a cup of coffee with me some evening.
It's really this simple. I jsut think that religion is one of the main reasons why people will not and cannot accept gays. There are other reasons such as the post below yours. I was just focusing on the main culprit.

Fair enough. The way I see it. your not choosing to go against the 'main culprit'. Your simply singling out something your personally against and passing it off as rationally acceptable and the latter being the opposite of it.

Its unfair I know to jump to conclusions but this is just about what goes on in ATS now: "LOOK, I BELIEVE IN THIS, AND IF YOU DONT YOUR INCAPABLE OF MAKING REALISTIC DEDUCTIONS" and they blame Christianity almost exclusively when the ones doing it the most all of the the internet are the non-believers themselves.

I'm just venting out my thoughts right now, because I'm getting really fed up of ATS. It's more of a propaganda channel now than it is about exposing secret operations and exploring natural 'anomalies'.

Yes I made you a ploy for my rant, but I don't have anything personal against you. I simply wanted an opportunity to post my last message in a topic that's obviously more about believing what the OP believes than generating intellectual debate.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

No problem. I've been called worse.

On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't be participating in this thread. For the record, I'm anti-religion, anti-marriage, and anti-artificial insemination.

I really don't care who gets married. It's called the "institution of marriage" for a reason. As is the reason people refer to a broad spectrum of religions as the institution of religion. Regarding the artificial insemination, there are so many "unwanted" kids out there who need to be adopted into good homes.

So, I hope we can shake on this and agree that this topic has as many facets as the diamond in an engagement ring.

edit on 1-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

Edit to Add: Hospitals need to lighten up and allow close friends to visit people who are dying in the hospital. Where did this silly rule come into play anyways that only spouses and family are able to see a person before they die? Utterly ridiculous!
edit on 1-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet there are far more in the thread than I skimmed over talking about the obvious factors from the headline of the OP. It's my way to throw in a twist to things though, so here is one to glance over for this story.

Take a look down at the comments for this at Moveon.org. For an organization that so loudly proclaims itself dedicated to freedom of speech and expression for all, they sure are quick to drop the censor hammer across their own comment board, eh?

Apparently for some, free speech is a relative thing to how agreeable that speech is found to be. Merry Christmas! (grin)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Great story, the kid is extremely polished for such a young age, its obvious that he is going places in life... In such a dark gloomy world, its nice to see positive stories like this come out.....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
He seems like a good kid and is simply the reflection of good parenting and a strong family. Period. Our nation is suffering from bad parenting regardless of sexual orientation. Period.

Both sides of the gay parenting argument need to stop politicizing the issue. Put the needs of the children first and foremost

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
Wow, credit to this young mans exceptional parents!!!
What a magnificent set of values, insight, will & wisdom they have managed to instill in him.
As a mother I know how challenging & difficult this can be.
If only all children were so lucky, what a different world we would see.
Maybe I should get a girlfriend!

First of all I have no problems with the gay community. I've had numerous gay friends. In fact a gay man on facebook sent me a friend request and we became best buds. I have a problem with gay marriage but I also have a problem with marriage in general. I think there should be tests that show if your ready to get married or not because of the fact that the US already has a high divorce rate. Plus not too mention the numerous problems that come about.

I'am dumbfounded by you peeps. You think this person is awesome but the fact of the matter is...do any of you know know this kid. There is plenty of things that can be said about this person. This kid could be paid by someone to do this or his story could be true but at the same time his life could have been # and he is just doing it for his mom.

Make a decision on your own...not by someone convincing you.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Humans are the only animals who plan childbirth.

This is a false statement. An argument could be made on the concept of plan, you could have worded it better and substituted it by intellectualize childbirth.

In any case just because I'm posting in the thread. Parenting is important in the upbringing of a child, we learn by examples and models are important, my personal opinion is that gay fostering or asexual reproduction should be restricted to child's of the opposing sex and should get priority over heterosexual adoptions. I also support gay marriages.

edit on 1-12-2011 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A very well spoken young man; however, I would not conclude that he turned out like that just because he’s been raised by a lesbian couple.

I have seen kids raised by ‘professional’ welfare recipients, working hard in school, gaining scholarships and finishing medical school on top of the class. Maybe the fact that they are coming from an out of norm family may have pushed them even more to succeed?
The title could have been the same ‘[Fill in the blanks with out of norm couple/person] raised a baby, and this is who they got’

I have a lesbian cousin and I can understand their need to be accepted by the society for who they are, to be able to have a normal life. If by normal it means having a recognized marriage, let it be.

The problem with same sex couple having kids is how the kid is going to be treated by his peers in school. School is a tough word; kids can be mean, judgmental and ready to hurt just for the sake of hurting somebody.

Kids are bullied for many reasons and I wonder how long it’s going to take until a kid raised by homosexual parents will start resenting them?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think they have done well. We all should accept who we are and live our lives to be ourselves. Living the life by the book or follow the rule of a society is not a life, but a program that blocks you from true happiness. After all is your life, you are the one that you should please and be pleased not others nor the society.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Gay couples should not be raising children, should not be allowed to adopt and should not be foster parents. Many may not agree with those statements but I believe them to be true. Those who by nature can not couple and produce children naturally should not raise them together, it is that simple. I could go on about all the reasons why but there are too many too list and that is why nature doesn't allow for same sex pregnancy.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

thespians were nation state of people(fought on the side of the 300) i believe the word you were looking for was lesbians,i think the greater point is he was raised by lesbians is going be be successful and succeed contrary to the wrong and ignorant belief that you need a man and a woman to raise a child he grew up well functional and succeeded and is "normal" so i think that tends to blow all the anti gay propaganda out of the water
and as i have no idea what you were trying to point out by saying his "testimony" being moot and that court of law nonsense ummm correct me if im wrong but i thought according to the people who dont like gays if these two lesbians had tried to raise him he should have burst into flame or something or not graduate high school or failed in some other way now from what ive seen and heard in the video he is one of the more articulate young adults i have heard speak so "in your court of law" i think people would be and are impressed with this man it kinda takes all that anti gay propaganda that has been going around for years and just blows it out of the water as that guy problay has a better paying job wating for them then most of us.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by casperiumnebula
A very well spoken young man; however, I would not conclude that he turned out like that just because he’s been raised by a lesbian couple.

That's exactly his point. It doesn't matter what his parents sexual orientation is, they have a loving and supportive family. Looks like they did well imo.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is kind of silly ... not the kid speaking up, or that there is a hearing, but that the good upbringing of one person is the "evidence." The "opposition" to gay marriage is going to need a LOT of evidence.

>> ON the other hand, these anti-gay marriage people are really taking a gamble; Dick Cheney's or Sookies heterosexual parents would mean that everyone in America could have their non-gay marriage annulled.

Before you play high stakes poker, make sure you don't have to ante up with Kim Kardashian!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Gay couples should not be raising children, should not be allowed to adopt and should not be foster parents. Many may not agree with those statements but I believe them to be true. Those who by nature can not couple and produce children naturally should not raise them together, it is that simple. I could go on about all the reasons why but there are too many too list and that is why nature doesn't allow for same sex pregnancy.

What if Ibelieved that intolerant people should not have marriages or kids -- and enough people agreed with me -- where would people who have your prejudices be then?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

What if Ibelieved that intolerant people should not have marriages or kids -- and enough people agreed with me -- where would people who have your prejudices be then?

That's quite the hypothetical question, however, it lacks any practicability because enough people would never agree with you. It is human nature to be intolerant, it is not human nature to be gay.

I am tolerant as possible by the way, but when it comes to children I believe that the world is a hard enough place to try and grow up these days without that added set of "circumstances".

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
I am tolerant as possible by the way, but when it comes to children I believe that the world is a hard enough place to try and grow up these days without that added set of "circumstances".

Well my father was a cop and my mother a Jehovah's Witness. I got LOADS of crap from other kids. Are you saying that they, while heterosexual, shouldn't have had kids because of those "circumstances"?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join