It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two lesbians raised a baby, and THIS is who they got

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by questforevidence

I think you are going to get whipped for that comment!
in true ATS spirit! thanks for the laugh

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexandra9

Not that I'm trying to have the last word here, but....

To some people, homosexuality is the the most natural thing. It comes as natural as being heterosexual. Also, there is plenty of homosexuality in nature. I've never posted a link here, so I don't know if this will work.

www.news-medical.net...

I'm a heterosexual who doesn't think it's fair for gay people to have less rights than me. I think they should be treated equally; so yes, they should face the same strict requirements when adopting as straight people face. But they shouldn't be discounted just because they're gay.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexandra9

Well I agree with everything you said in that post. And yes as a society there are certain things that we can decide what are acceptable and what isn't.

The social norm as we say. But that has to be reserved for situations where it's in the best interest of the society to implement such a rule. Gay Marriage isn't one of those things IMO.

Child molestation, murder, theft, those are the sorts of things I expect society to come to common agreements on. But personal things revolving around relationships and love when two consenting adults are concerned, truly isn't anybody's business but their own.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
MoveOn......another George Soros attack on family values.
Where is the outrage against Islamic nations, where they are put to death for coming out? Seems there are more serious life and death causes for them to be concerned about than obtaining a marriage license to wave in the face of western society.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A VERY RARE outcome of a person brought up by a gay couple.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
A VERY RARE outcome of a person brought up by a gay couple.

How are they supposed to turn out?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

He appears super prepared, is a good orator. I just have a hard time justifying .5% of the US population. I am indifferent to the entire issue, as I am not gay. I do have a good friend that is gay, he is also black, and a Republican. Go figure.

29INFDIV

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
**yeah, I came back and had to comment on this thread**

Nope, I dont agree with being gay and having kids.. FOR ME>
I believe its not for ME. Its also not for me to point my fingers at everyone else and their life choices. I can believe what I want and for my own reasons ( bible, other religion, etc) but I am not so arrogant I pretend to speak for God nor am righteous enough myself to condemn others.

Saying that...

What a wonderful young man! Parentage of any combination doesnt guarantee having a child of any character. Gay parents dont condemn a child to being a POS any more than hetero parentage guarantees character in a child. Ive seen hetero couples who probably shouldnt have a goldfish, much less be in charge of raising a child.

Saying that...

I truly believe that the govt should have NO say in what a couple of any kind decides to do as far as marriage and its ludicrous that we must ask PERMISSION and be RECOGNIZED by this corrupt joke we call govt to have any legitimacy. We should not have a paper that proves we are ALLOWED to enjoy life as Americans.. gay or heterosexual. I understand the legal issue and there are ways to overcome this for all sexual preferences, I just resent this lording over us and our choices by an impersonal and devious governmental system. Hetero or homo, we all DO have inalienable rights. My support for homo unions goes way beyond the so-called moral argument or shouting of god hates fags bs. It goes to the fundamental right of a human being to make choices for him or herself without the government involvement whatsoever. In my heritage there were homosexual unions and no tribal interference or shunning. These people have committed no "crime" against another. They have not asked for special treatment or elevation ( most anyway, yeah yeah Ive already heard the rabid gay side of things.. and find it as absurd as the rabid anti gay marriage side.) They simply want to make choices in their own lives without having to ask permission or have their rights interfered with simply because of sexual preference.

so....

Until the laws are changed, take advantage of the existing ways to legally hold the rights you seek and work to change the laws. If hte definition of marriage never gets rectified, then make something new. You can only do what you can do. Some say the losers in this are the children. I disagree. Children so desired by parents never lose. Children of gay couples may even have a leg up on hetero children these days because heteros seem to be popping them out like candy from a pez dispenser and no forethought or regard for having the means to care for them properly.

FOr those who are all anti gay... if you still believe its a choice even with all of the scientific data available, dont bother reading this.. the earth is still flat too.
For those who understand it is not always a choice.. how would you like to be forced to be homosexual when your natural preference is the opposite sex? What if your natural preference made it impossible for you to have a family unit, children or RIGHTS that others enjoy? What if your natural preference made it impossible for you to enjoy any legitimacy in your partnership and impossible to care for the person you love even when death comes? If you believe it is a bad thing or they will "burn in hell"... let them make the choice and let God do his job.. screaming about it wont get you a better seat in heaven. Live your life by example of your beliefs. If your beliefs are hating anything that you disagree with and being a self centered nasty person who condemns others, prepare for it to be visited on you.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Im married, with children, heterosexual, and old school.
However, I have never understood the negative attention homosexuality gets.
Why does anyone care what two consenting adults do in their bedrooms? seriously?
Other than my spouse, I couldn't care less what you do.

Don't you have to be warped in the mind to even care?

Don't you have to be a sexual deviant to worry so much about who other people are having sex with and doing in their homes?

I do not like to see intense public affection of two men.. or two women.. or a man and a woman equally.
That's high school stuff. Gay straight or other.

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with parenting. Period.

BTW, haven't more right wing-bible thumping-gay hating politicians been outed as having homosexual affairs than any other group in politics?
Aren't they the same ones opposing gay marriage?

I say if gays want to get married.. let 'em discover what it's all about.. heheh
Be careful what you wish for.

Act like you have some respect for those around you, as you are not the only person who lives on this rock.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

I have never understood the negative attention homosexuality gets.

It stems directly from religion because religion promotes narrow minded thinking. Most people who have die hard religious beliefs will not accept other ways of living or believing in anything that doesn't follow what they've been taught. Hive mind mentality and very cult-like to put it simply.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

You make that statement like you actually know what you are talking about. So I'm assuming that you have done plenty of research on young adults who were raised by gay parents. Could you please post all of your information, statistics, and analysis? I mean, you sound so intelligent, so sure of yourself. You must have worked very hard to come to that conclusion. I look forward to reading your research.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Why is America so conservative? It's amazing. The land of the free shouldn't be like that at all imo.

The most liberal nation in the world is so orthodox and conservative at the same time, I find that so weird.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If his point is that sexual orientation had nothing to do with the condition of the children, then there's no real reason for him to be there other than to spread the pro-gay propaganda.

Obviously it's discrediting his great speech, but if were going for objectivity then there it is.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

It stems directly from religion because religion promotes narrow minded thinking. Most people who have die hard religious beliefs will not accept other ways of living or believing in anything that doesn't follow what they've been taught. Hive mind mentality and very cult-like to put it simply.

The pro-gay is no different and both sides claim to be rational thinkers in their own right. What's worse is that your propaganda makes it seem exclusive to only the non-religious. Which is is statistically improbable and disgustingly irrational and bias.

That's what social conditioning does to people I suppose.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I think in some cases, it goes deeper than that. Some people just don't like what is different from them - I mean they REALLY don't like it. Look at school kids - the kid that is different is the one who gets teased, mocked, bullied, etc. I guess it is sort of a hive mentality, in that if you are different from the hive, we want you out.

I think those people are using religion as a justification for their feelings, it's not really the reason for their feelings. It's funny how those same people will ignore other rules of their religion when it benefits them, i.e., sex before marriage, etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
And you know why? Because the sexual orientation of my parents has had zero effect on the content of my character.

Thank you very much.

aksarbent.blogspot.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)
I am impressed by this young man. He is a direct reflection on the love and dedication of his family. Whatever their make up. This video should serve as an eye opener to those whose lives and opinions are run by fear, ignorance and/or religious dogma.
I qualify myself to make this statement, and hold this opinion, as a Hetro Father of two fantastic, now adult, kids both showing strong attractions to the opposite sex. BUT, it would make no difference to me either way what their sexual inclination is!
Homophobia should be as intorerable as any other sort of "ism" out there. In my not so humble opinion.

To quote my wife, and usually used in reference to any soap box issue I am expounding on at the momment.
I say to all the haters and self rightous....... "Get over it!"

Peace to ALL of my ATS brothers and sister out there (even the homophobs
)
and as always. Thank you for allowing me an opportunity to Cyberbabble

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GambitVII
If his point is that sexual orientation had nothing to do with the condition of the children, then there's no real reason for him to be there other than to spread the pro-gay propaganda.

Obviously it's discrediting his great speech, but if were going for objectivity then there it is.

He's not spreading a pro-gay propaganda, he's simply fighting the anti-gay agenda.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

You viewed my stance as pro-gay. Interesting.
I'm neither for it or against it. I'm a heterosexual woman.
If a gay couple moved in next door to me, I would judge them on their personalities.
If they're jerks, I won't associate with them.
If they're nice, I'd hope they'd have a cup of coffee with me some evening.
It's really this simple. I jsut think that religion is one of the main reasons why people will not and cannot accept gays. There are other reasons such as the post below yours. I was just focusing on the main culprit.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

Well who the hell else would be qualified to show you that being raised by a gay couple makes no difference at all, other than a person raised by gay parents?

what exactly is pro-gay propaganda about that?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GambitVII

The pro-gay is no different and both sides claim to be rational thinkers in their own right. What's worse is that your propaganda makes it seem exclusive to only the non-religious. Which is is statistically improbable and disgustingly irrational and bias.

That's what social conditioning does to people I suppose.

Now I DO have a problem with SOME Gay rights activists.
I do not want to see your sexual orientation, no matter what it is SHOVED IN MY FACE.

I do not want to hear you speak about, or even have a visual of you doiing the deed with anyone.
I don't need a T Shirt explaining who you share your privates with flashed at me, nor do I need reminding every day about why who your sleep with is important. It isn't.
There's a reason we keep those body parts covered up with clothing... and Im all for keeping it that way.

Becoming an exhibitionist isn't going to help you gain public acceptance.
You can't FORCE acceptance.

You have the right to do whatever you like.. as long as it doesn't affect those around you.
No one ever remembers that last part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join