It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two lesbians raised a baby, and THIS is who they got

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

It seems the "issue" changes when the people so against gay marriage see an argument that completely discredits them. First it's about "making" kids gay, then when that's totally debunked and laughed out of the room, it's about "needing a man/woman" in the house, then that's debunked (single parents?) and ridiculed there's another, and another...

Lets just call it what it is, right wing Christians who do not understand the basic tenets of their own faith and would rather spend eternity spewing bile at others and demanding that the world do everything they say.
They quote specific texts from their own holy book while hoping that the person they're beating with it doesn't actually know about all the things that are never used as "evidence" for something, like the suggested treatment of menstruating women or the sacrificing of Doves facing West!

So, some of it is so embarrassingly stupid millions of so-called Christians want to ignore it's mentioned while clinging onto the one statement about man not lying with another man.

Every time this discussion rears its ugly head we see the nonsensical gibberish from the religious cults trying to justify their homophobia. And every time I see religion used as an excuse to dictate to the rest of the world what we should all do I'll repeat the words of the great Stephen Fry "Religion... s**t it!"

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I think you might appreciate this Detached.

From the series West Wing. President Bartlett quotes scripture to highlight the selective arguments of Christians in regards to homosexuality.

edit on 6-12-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Only reason you "don't believe" is because you want to justify your sin.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Any couple gay or straight can raise an intelligent free minded person. It all depends on the character of the parents.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Have you ever had sexual contact with a member of the same sex?

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
yes I have and not ashamed to admit it. It felt good in a sexual way but felt wrong morally shortly after the experience happened...

You are bisexual and guilt ridden by something you don't understand, so you turned to an imaginary friend to reconcile this within yourself and now judge others.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well done to this kid's parents... I can imagine it would be difficult to remain who you are as a person with all the ridicule that these people receive from society. I'm really happy for them.

Who cares who raises you, or who you were born from? The world could do with more people like this kid, so don't complain.

To all the haters- Get a life.

Because they never had a sexual experience with a woman. In fact I think I have just solved this whole riddle.

I think the issue is a little bit more complicated than that..

edit on 6-12-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

reply to post by thebtheb

Actually this is what the bible says, so you are wrong!

All your offering is your fallible opinion, the scriptures are infallible.
edit on 5-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

First of all, I don't even know what post of mine you were responding to, as I made many posts to this thread. But you still haven't answered to me why you're not upset that men go around cutting their hair and shaving their beards, and wearing a garment made of more than one fabric when the bible expressly forbids such things too. If you really believe that the bible is right about everything and that you should do everything it says, I hope you don't cut your hair, shave your beard or wear garments made of more than one fabric. If you do, you've got a lot of explaining to do.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Have you ever had sexual contact with a member of the same sex?

yes I have and not ashamed to admit it. It felt good in a sexual way but felt wrong morally shortly after the experience happened...

You are bisexual and guilt ridden by something you don't understand, so you turned to an imaginary friend to reconcile this within yourself and now judge others.

This is true. And I don't mean to insult you RevelationGeneration, but it sounds like you're so afraid of what's inside of yourself that you ignore it so aggressively that you are forced to confront it ONLY in the outside world, and not yourself. I have Christian friends who would never say the things you do.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

Thank you so much for those kind words. The points you make are completely valid, and yes, I do wonder why no one has ever replied to that particular query, yet they are so quick to leap to arms when something threatening their woefully delicate sensibilities is brought to light. I truly just never could comprehend it, it's unfathomably hypocritical in each and every sense of the word. Evil is as evil does, and what you do when you spew that f*cked logic in everyone's faces is precisely that.

According to you, of course.

I see this and wonder at the nerve people possess when they ask why I'm so passionate about the subject, why anyone is so passionate about the subject.

Thank you again for your sweet comment, so many people on this thread deserve stars and love.

Others, on the other hand, deserve smacks upside the head

Now if only congress would pass legislation forbidding ignorance, intolerance, and prejudice instead of sodomy and the 'legal' union of two souls in love. There's a bill I'd sign off on, in half a heartbeat.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRANKBLACKmillenniumgroup
THAT MOVIE IS SEVERAL YEARS OLD...

THE PROBLEM WITH GAYS IS THEY WANT TO DEFINE WHO THEY ARE BY THEIR SEXUALITY
WHILE THE REST OF US DEFINE WHO WE ARE BY THE KIND OF MORAL HONEST AND PATRIOTIC PERSON WE LIVE OUR LIVES AS,
Before you get banned (and I fully expect that you will), I should mention that I do believe that it is the straight world that chooses to define gays by their sexuality. I would suggest that all they really want to do is the same as the rest of us...simply get along.

The Mods can deal with the trolling. (is school out already?)

edit on 8-12-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because...ok?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FRANKBLACKmillenniumgroup

And just when I was beginning to have a little hope in the human race

Just how ignorant can some people on this f*cking thread get? Our behaviour is disgusting and deviant? The only thing I can see here that's disgusting is your mind-bogglingly asinine comment that I am now replying to.

For your information, my dear friend, the US is not the only country that runs rampant with intolerant homophobes but it sure as hell is one of the only countries you hear about it so damn often from. The only country I can think of worse than our glorious America is Uganda where it nearly became illegal and still might to even be homosexual, but the US is well on its way down that path, isn't it?

If you have a problem with the way your divine creator made us, go b*tch to him about it, because we sure as hell can't do sh*t about it. WE R WHO WE R and if it so bothers you, feel free to take your ignorant, prejudiced, hatorade-guzzling self off the premises because it's not wanted, not needed, and most certainly not appreciated.

And why the hell are you shouting? Do you see anyone else on this thread raising their voices?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I had to wear two hats this morning.

Just to say:

Hats of to this young man. I would be so proud to be his mom and mom.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaolinTemple
Any couple gay or straight can raise an intelligent free minded person. It all depends on the character of the parents.

It's quite funny really.

I know a female gay couple. One of them I know very well. I really really dislike her and I'm pretty sure many people find her a strain.

Nevertheless. She and her partner have raised two great kids with all the best parts of anyone you care to mention. Great kids. Helpful. Kind. Tolerant. Open. Honest. And straight.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Speaking about this from a point of view questioning the bible in a rational way:

Has anyone seen that book supposidly done by someone that looked at a bible in a museum that was from the year oh 3 or 500 and wrote a book about how it has some eh, 10 or 20 thosuand differences to today's bible?

I wonder what all kinds of corruption crept into the bible ESPECIALLY durring the years when it was used as a tool of power.

here's where this gets relevant:
ARE the parts of the bible that speak about homosexuality just parts of the bible that were added to control the population over the years or did God want that in there? What are Your thoughts?

Mine are these:
If it's True in God's eyes, it'll work out in practice too (when you look at it accurately that is instead of using a twisted / not quite wise looking glass).
This guy says he was raised just fine by his two moms.
People are born and they say that they 'just like' the same sex, maybe or maybe not the opposite sex.
Is God that painful to be under that He would allow people to have to 'just live with it' and not have such relationships?
OR if you buy into the idea that people live more than once (I've seen videos of some of these 5 year olds that say they are their mother's mom or have memories of guys they flew withback in WW II and could name them ont he spot when they tracked down what ship they were assigned to and said 'hey hey, long time Bob I'm in another body now''), is that previous karma playing out, perhaps they were perverts in another life and now they have to bottle all sexual drives or be a sinner or is it ok for them to have same sex relationships?

Bottom line is, I just don't know.
There was a time when I thought the bible coudln't be toyed with, then I learned that
"Faith withotu works is dead" was taken out of some translations and also
hitler's boys printed some very twisted versions just to prove there is Not a mystical force
making it impossible to mistranslate or outright maliciously misprint the Bible.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So what does this video prove? I love how all you libs out there try and act like the gay lifestyle is a wholesome, normal way to live. I wont go into detail about the practices of homosexuals on here because the pro gay army will have me flagged, but we all know what they consist of. Please find your common sense and find a way to come to terms with the fact that %98 of the people here in North America will never accept homosexual marriages. Just because these rich,overpaid,liberal movie stars get up on the podium and tell the world how great homosexuality is does not make it a fact. Get a grip on reality, this is looked at by others around the world as proof that Americans truly have lost their minds and have no moral compass.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

I'm quite curious what you think the "gay lifestyle" is.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
So what does this video prove? I love how all you libs out there try and act like the gay lifestyle is a wholesome, normal way to live. I wont go into detail about the practices of homosexuals on here because the pro gay army will have me flagged, but we all know what they consist of. Please find your common sense and find a way to come to terms with the fact that %98 of the people here in North America will never accept homosexual marriages.

Jeez...I almost hate to tell you but Canada, which would seem to take up more of North America than even the good ol' U.S. of A., has legalised gay marriage. Not even the Neo-Con/Theo-Con Government of Steve has challenged that notion because...quite simply...it's no big deal to us.

I think, though, that you might want to sort out the difference between a 'pro-gay army' and a 'pro-tolerence army', aside from the fact that the former would have to be just fabulous.

Sorry, you're more of a loner in your notion than you might think.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So what does this video prove? I love how all you libs out there try and act like the gay lifestyle is a wholesome, normal way to live. I wont go into detail about the practices of homosexuals on here because the pro gay army will have me flagged, but we all know what they consist of. Please find your common sense and find a way to come to terms with the fact that %98 of the people here in North America will never accept homosexual marriages. Just because these rich,overpaid,liberal movie stars get up on the podium and tell the world how great homosexuality is does not make it a fact. Get a grip on reality, this is looked at by others around the world as proof that Americans truly have lost their minds and have no moral compass.

Excuse me, sweetheart.

"Lost their minds and moral compasses"? How can the US have lost their moral compasses when the immorality taking place is trying to keep people who love each other from being recognised by the law?

And do explain to me how the continued repression of a group of people that happen to still be human simply because our lifestyles don't agree with your so-called morals is more acceptable and moral than simply allowing those people to be married and love each other, which, let's face reality, people, as you've so eloquently put it, they are going to do anyhow, regardless of how hard you try to deny us basic human rights and pleasures.

It truly does boggle the mind to what lengths you people will go to defend your ignorance and intolerance, behind which you no doubt hide whatever insecurities you harbour about yourselves.

And "the gay lifestyle", I do so love that term.
Please explain to me your definition of the "gay lifestyle". I'm quite curious to know.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

***snip***
Get a grip on reality, this is looked at by others around the world as proof that Americans truly have lost their minds and have no moral compass.

Not sure if you refer to the liberals (edit: compassionate, tolerant) or the gays.

But rest assured that most of the world already see you as having lost your minds and having no moral compass for a multitude of reasons. Not least your selfappoinment as world police and dictator of what you want us to believe is right and wrong. You believe yourself to be world leaders, but in reality it is a dictatorship. Nobody voted you to be world leaders. You use power and violence to maintain that illusion. We will fight you at the beaches, we will fight you on the streets etc. etc.

Don't make the mistake of letting some biblereaders convince you that compassion and tolerence isn't part of the christian way.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join