Two lesbians raised a baby, and THIS is who they got

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

As you can see from the OP video link, children in families with same-sex parents - or as you put it families of 'reduced' options - can be well adjusted, happy and successful.

This was the point of the young man's testimony.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Personaly I still do not agree. The question is, is he a homosexual now because his parents were? does that make an influence? To me if so, that is a threat to humankind. Everyone should take offense to the promoting of eradicating the human species; it might seem crazy now, but like global warming and the environment, having a growing pop of homosexuals throws off the balance of nature. People tend to think in small circumstances, think larger with everything. Really?! promoting the existance of threating our civilization?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marsoc

Is there anything that can be said to that other than for goodness sake just shut up?

Homosexuals are born to anyone. If you're going to sit frightened in a corner and be scared of other things in the world, there are plenty of real things you can be afraid of and it's not homosexuals.

If you wanted to be addressed politely then you should have shown some respect and researched this on your own. Maybe actually asked one for yourself.

edit on 3-12-2011 by Garfee because: sp & gr as usual

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsoc
Personaly I still do not agree. The question is, is he a homosexual now because his parents were? does that make an influence? To me if so, that is a threat to humankind. Everyone should take offense to the promoting of eradicating the human species; it might seem crazy now, but like global warming and the environment, having a growing pop of homosexuals throws off the balance of nature. People tend to think in small circumstances, think larger with everything. Really?! promoting the existance of threating our civilization?

Gays are loud and proud. They are a very vocal minority. They'd like everyone to think that half the population is gay just like them, but the facts bear out a very different reality. Even though I don't care if someone is gay or not, I really wish they'd shut up about it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Again I'll say that we wouldn't be so vocal if people that hate us weren't sticking their noses in our business.

it's so simple.

I'm incredibly conservative but they have annoyed me so much that I now can't help but get my back up about it.

Where is the evidence that homos say they are a huge demographic?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsoc

Homosexuals parents to not breed homosexual children anymore than heterosexual parents do. If parents' sexuality had that much to do with how their children's orientation turned out, NO ONE WOULD BE GAY FROM STRAIGHT PARENTS, AND YET ALMOST ALL GAY PEOPLE COME FROM STRAIGHT PARENTS.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
It's not about this kid being raised succesfully. That is not the issue.

The issue is two women who have 0% possibility of having their 'own' children. Without male help this proves two things....

- Homosexuality isn't biologically normal
- Homosexuals crave for what fully healthy heterosexuals can do biologically 100% of the time - have children
- Homosexuals cannot be satisfied with being different as they have chosen, as they find the biologically natural urge as an individual to have children but they need something their partner cannot ever give...

Ok 3 things....

It's both sad and amusing.

Having red hair is not biologically normal either. There are many physical and psychological traits people have that are not "normal" in a purely statistical sense. Should we have institutionalized discrimination for those traits? Why is it logical to institutionalize discrimination for one trait that is not held in a majority of people and not others. Most accepted studies have the percentage of homosexuals at between 6 - 11%. The global percentage of red haired people is 4%. Being red headed is clearly more "abnormal" than being gay.

As it relates to having children, why would we allow post menopausal women to get married if marriage was about child rearing? If marriage is solely for the purpose of raising children, why allow those who wish to not have children get married? If the logic is that marriage is about children, would it not then be better to wait until a woman gets pregnant before issuing a marriage liscence? Should a straight couple with a sterile male not be allowed to go to a sperm bank to have a child? What is he is sterile due to wounds received in an armed conflict? Should a sterile man even be allowed to get married? If marriage is all about "the children" then I guess the answer is no.

The arguments opposing gay marriage are so foolish and absurd that they are mind numbing.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Arrrrgh! Gingers!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The young man, indeed, is very well spoken and is a credit to his moms. As a life long Iowan, I have had a front row seat to this controversy. And I freely admit, I voted to kick out each of our Surpreme Court judges after they overstepped their Constitutional boundaries and ruled the gay marriage was permitted under our state constitution. For those still reading, I did not do it because of the issue, but more that the citizens of Iowa, overwhelmingly expressed their desire to want to vote on the issue only to have their elected officials and judges take the matter out of our hands.

Personally, I do not think it's a good idea. I have, however, told friends of mine who are homosexual, that should they come home to Iowa to marry their significant others, I will happily attend the ceremonies and wish them all the luck in the world.

However, the one question no one has stepped to answer for me, is where do you draw the line? See as much as people like to say we cannot legislate morality, the truth is, we do.....everyday.

So the question is, where do we draw the line? Because I know of at least three "triads" in Iowa who are planning to press for their right to become recognized as legal marriages in Iowa. In case "triad" has confused some, it's two women, one man or one woman, two men. For those of you in favor of gay marriage, are you okay with threesome marriages? Bigamy? Or as some are trying in places in Europe, the right for an adult to marry a minor? Where are you willing to draw the discrimination line? Because, if you rule against the examples I just gave you.....you are discriminating against those people, just as much as we would be discriminating against gay couples if we told them they couldn't marry.
edit on 4-12-2011 by vipertech0596 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

"Homosexuals are born" - do you have anything to back up that unsubstantiated claim???

It is worrying to see the lies that are being propagated these days...
edit on 4-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Yes, I am one and I have always known that I was.

I am willing to concede that it is possible that there was some outside influence between birth and around 3 years old that I do not recall and that I was in fact not born homosexual - if you do the same and concede that no one can prove god exists.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Thank you for posting this in the thread. I am going to be posting it to FB very shortly. I may be a conservative in many ways, but I fully agree in allowing same sex marriage. All they want is to be happy and be treated equally under the law. Let them have it. They are just as human, and just as much citizens as heterosexual couples.

I aplaud that young man's courage and his conviction.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

Or as some are trying in places in Europe, the right for an adult to marry a minor?

You do know that it is legal in some states to marry a minor with parental consent, right? In some states a child as young as thirteen can get married with parental consent and a judicial waiver. In others it is sixteen with signed parental consent.

It is also legal to marry your first cousin once removed. In one it is legal to mary your first cousin unless you are double first cousins. There are a lot of circumstances that allow for some peculiar marriage arangements. I think two people of the same sex marrying is a lot less questionable than first cousins or first cousins once removed. That is just my opinion.

I also fail to see a problem with bigamy or triads. If all parties are of legal age and willingly consent, go for it. Why should the government define love between human adults?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I am willing to concede that it is possible that there was some outside influence between birth and around 3 years old that I do not recall and that I was in fact not born homosexual

I cannot do that as I would be being dishonest with myself, I know God exists creation itself is proof that God exists. God is waiting to have a personal relationship with you too. Do not think I am being judgemental I have had homosexual urges in the past myself.

Being gay can be cured through Jesus. It is essentially just a battle of lust against the flesh. You can overcome it, and become straight if you truly put your heart into repenting. Being gay is oh so not right, why do you think males cannot reproduce by them selves? Because human males were not designed for getting with other males.

P.S: Was you abused as a child? If that's the case then I am truly sorry you had to go through that.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I do not recall being abused as a child but I don't think abuse is a reason for homosexuality or all homosexuals would have been abused.

How about if I said that I am open to the possibilty that god exists. Would you then meet me halfway and reason that there is chance, however remote the possibility is within your reasoning that I was born homosexual?

EDIT: I can never be heterosexual. I could choose to abstain from homosexual activities but that is the extent to which it could go. I have no idea if heterosexuals can have homosexual urges or how it works for bisexuals but I believe they can go either way and remain happily monogamous or swing back and forth.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Garfee because: member edit

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I do not recall being abused as a child but I don't think abuse is a reason for homosexuality or all homosexuals would have been abused.

It has alot to do with something that happened in child hood, not necessarily abuse but I think coming in contact with another male or being groped by another male in a sexual way can cause these things to happen, espchally if it happens before puberty.

How about if I said that I am open to the possibilty that god exists. Would you then meet me halfway and reason that there is chance, however remote the possibility is within your reasoning that I was born homosexual?

I will agree someone can grow up thinking they are gay, but It is not possible for someone to be 'born gay'. Because there is no 'gay gene' so to speak.

EDIT: I can never be heterosexual. I could choose to abstain from homosexual activities but that is the extent to which it could go. I have no idea if heterosexuals can have homosexual urges or how it works for bisexuals but I believe they can go either way and remain happily monogamous or swing back and forth.

Have you ever had sexual contact with a woman or had intercourse with a one? If you have not then I don't see how you can know you are gay if you have never tried it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

That is your choice and I would not be fair and reasonable if I didn't accept it.

However, it is a choice. Homosexuality isn't.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Read above I edited my post.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I have not been in a heterosexual relationship and have not had sex with a female. I have also never been stabbed but I know I don't want to be.

You may be right about not being born gay, no one had proof either way so I have to accept your hypothesis may have merit. As for being born gay, I imagine if that is the case it could be an anomoly during development in the womb but who can say for sure. I have heard people hypothesize that it is the path they accepted to take in agreement with god. There are some wildly polarized opinions but so far nothing at all definite.

Either way I hope it doesn't stop me from being legally partnered one day, if I meet someone and feel inclined.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

So you admit you are only gay because you want to be gay and not because you can't help it? You understand your basically saying that by using the being stabbed argument as being stabbed is not a normal thing people do in society, but a male getting together with a female is...

Furthermore how do you know you are gay if you have never tried it with a woman? Maybe you would prefer it but you won't know until you try it.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join