It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disc Anomaly Near the Martian South Pole

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdunk
reply to post by ArMaP

........................................................................................................

Hey ArMaP, I am really glad that you found this anomaly in a different photo. Thanks a lot, and I have added it to my files. I did read the narrative, about it being a "crater", but then, with the current party line, how could we expect it to be any different. Their jobs would certainly depend upon their getting it said just right.

This anomaly certainly doesn't look like any crater that I have ever seen, on Mars, and it doesn't look like a crater, IMO.

I will post another screenshot, for the new pic, and a direct link to the full HIRSE photo. The photo itsself is pretty much the same, as posted in the OP.

Again ArMaP, I really appreciate your help!

themis-data.asu.edu...

edit on 1-12-2011 by rdunk because: Added another comment

So NOW you claim to know what every impact crater should look like thats a big claim no I will correct that it's an UNBELIEVABLE claim.

It has all the hallmarks of being an impact! DO you know the exact composition of the surface material or how the event occured or what impacted NO!

I mean whats your KNOWLEDGE on the subject or imaging! some people on here will have be working with or looking at images I will hazard a guess longer than you have been alive!
edit on 2-12-2011 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

So NOW you claim to know what every impact crater should look like thats a big claim no I will correct that it's an UNBELIEVABLE claim.

It has all the hallmarks of being an impact! DO you know the exact composition of the surface material or how the event occured or what impacted NO!

I mean whats your KNOWLEDGE on the subject or imaging! some people on here will have be working with or looking at images I will hazard a guess longer than you have been alive!
edit on 2-12-2011 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

......................................................................................................................................
Hi wmd2008! I tell you what, if you can find another crater on Mars that looks like this one, I will be glad to take a look at it. Otherwise, can't find anything meaningful in your comments!

But, thanks anyway for your reply!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

Looks natural, don't give up. Meet the towers.
25 55 55 55 S
48 48 48 48 W

AX
FTNWO

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaExray
reply to post by rdunk

Looks natural, don't give up. Meet the towers.
25 55 55 55 S
48 48 48 48 W

AX
FTNWO

................................................................................
AlphaExray, Thanks, but I need a little help. While I do use coordinates a good bit, I can't make these work??

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Seeing that no more image were posted, here are some images from that HiRISE photo.

At 10% zoom (equivalent to 2.5 metres per pixel)

At 25% zoom (equivalent to 1 metre per pixel)

At 50% zoom (equivalent to 50 centimetres per pixel)

At 100% zoom (equivalent to 25 centimetres per pixel)

I don't know if that's a crater covered with ice, but it sure doesn't look artificial to me, and the "dark hairy/thatchy-looking stuff" doesn't look applied.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

What towers? That looks like just some dark ground, probably blown out of the crater. I will look for a good photo.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

"I don't know if that's a crater covered with ice, but it sure doesn't look artificial to me, and the "dark hairy/thatchy-looking stuff" doesn't look applied"
\..............................................................................

Well ArMaP, ............., it does not look like a crater to me, (and some others) And please tell me just what the "dark/hairy thatchy is, if it is not computer/personnel "applied"???????

As I have said before, it is not rocks! It is not sand! It is not snow! It is not volcanic flow! And it cannot be anything that is "alive", because NASA says there is nothing alive on Mars. So..............what is it?????

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well ArMaP, ............., it does not look like a crater to me, (and some others)
But it does to me, a crater made by an object that hit the ground at a small angle (not vertically), so the crater's rim is higher on one side than on the other. As its covered with ice it doesn't get eroded in the same way as the other craters on warmer latitudes.

And please tell me just what the "dark/hairy thatchy is, if it is not computer/personnel "applied"???????
It's the ground, probably because of it being irregular, those darker stripes are not covered with ice.

As I have said before, it is not rocks!
No, I don't think those are rocks.

It is not sand! It is not snow!
It could be dark sand.

It is not volcanic flow!
I don't think it's volcanic flow.

And it cannot be anything that is "alive", because NASA says there is nothing alive on Mars.
Just because NASA says something that doesn't mean that it's automatically true, so I wouldn't use an expression like that, although I agree that it doesn't look like a living organism.

So..............what is it?????
It's the ground, not completely covered by ice/snow, like in this image.

At least that's what it looks like to me.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP
It's the ground, not completely covered by ice/snow, like in this image.

At least that's what it looks like to me.

..........................................................................................................
Well ArMaP, we will just pleasantly agree to differ. If you will look around that area a little, you will see "ice/snow" on the ground. And, fairly near the anomaly, you can also see the white of the ice/snow under this hairy/dark thatchy stuff. That would mean the ice and snow is on top of the "ground", and "stuff" we are discussing is on top of the ice/snow.

The "stuff" has to be something other than "ground"!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Well ArMaP, we will just pleasantly agree to differ.
No problem.

If you will look around that area a little, you will see "ice/snow" on the ground. And, fairly near the anomaly, you can also see the white of the ice/snow under this hairy/dark thatchy stuff.
I can't, I see the ice/snow above the dark stuff, not under, and I have seen it in hundreds of photos from the poles.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Well ArMaP, we will just pleasantly agree to differ.
No problem.

If you will look around that area a little, you will see "ice/snow" on the ground. And, fairly near the anomaly, you can also see the white of the ice/snow under this hairy/dark thatchy stuff.

I can't, I see the ice/snow above the dark stuff, not under, and I have seen it in hundreds of photos from the poles.

............................................................................................
ArMaP, well, you need to take another look. I am posting tw0 screenshots, right there at the anomaly area, for you. One screenshot has the anomaly in it, just so you will know where the photo is. The other is a more magnified piece of the same area. I suppose you, and maybe others, see it as ice on top of all of that dark stuff - ground as you refer to it. To me, the dark stuff is very obviously on top of the ice.

Anyway, here is another "look" for you!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

I think I understand now what you mean.

If I understand it right, that area has three "layers": a white layer that looks like ice, a darker, irregular, layer and another white layer that looks like snow.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Well, in my comments, I used Ice/snow, just because I don't know which the white really is, but I only had in mind one or the other. But, I guess it could be both! Maybe we will find out one of these days soon.

Thanks so much for your comments!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join