It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disc Anomaly Near the Martian South Pole

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hi everyone! I am posting another Mars anomaly I found during research of the planet’s south pole area. This anomaly is very different, and it is very obvious, in its setting. I found this anomaly in a fairly high quality CTX photo a few months ago. As the OP title states, it is a disc-shaped object! In the pic, we can see more than 50% of it, and its features. It is on the surface, and it is partially covered with a dark hairy/thatchy-looking stuff, that is all around this area. And yes, that “stuff” does look very much as “having been applied” (tampering).

The “disc” is located in the upper area of the CTX pic, and to see it in the full pic, one must magnify it to the max, using the CTX +/- buttons. I will post a screen shot which shows the disc, and I will also post a screenshot of the top of the full pic, that has a locator arrow, and descriptions.

Now, some description of the disc anomaly, and what we can see.

* As I said, the disc is partially covered with “stuff”.
* The disc has a grayish fairly wide “ring” that goes around the seeable exterior.
* Inside the exterior ring, we can see a “center area” filled with white colored pieces. All of the “pieces are like broken “pie shapes”, with points going to the center.
* It does have an appearance of a possible crach, or hard landing, if it flies.
* There seems to be a small circular center (doesn’t really look like it is in exactly the center) piece, of sorts, that is round.
* The points of the broken-looking pieces do come to the round center piece. Because we can see the points of pieces from under the “stuff” also coming to the center, it pretty much confirms this anomaly is round, even if we can’t see under the covered area.
* There is a visible secondary white object on top of the disc, that is a brighter white. It is “multi-shaped”, but there is no way know what it might be. (maybe ice?)
* Just no way to estimate the size of the disc.
* Does this disc have an appearance of intelligent design? I say it does, IMHO!
* Is this a flying-type disc? No way to know!
* Has this photo been tampered with? It sure does look like it! Whatever could it be otherwise??

I would venture to guess that this disc anomaly is a “Mars one of a kind”. To me, it is another evidential piece of the as yet unspoken reality of Mars. We are slowly learning truth about it, and should be preparing ourselves for knowing it all one of these days.

I hope you enjoy seeing this type of anomaly, here at the ATS forum.

P.S. There is no rock(s) to be seen, anywhere in this area.

viewer.mars.asu.edu...

edit on 1-12-2011 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Volcano maybe?
Nice find, looks cool

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

That looks like a UFO to you? That looks more like some sort of geological thing, look at the cracks on it. I wouldn't expect any aliens to fly around in some saucer with a bunch of squiggly, random cracks in it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Thanks YupacShakur! I did mention "looking like broken pie shapes". But, because of your question, and to make a little more clear, I did add words that would indicate possibly either a hard landing, or a crash. Yes, the center part is broken up.

So, what sort of Martian "geological thing" do you think it looks like????

edit on 1-12-2011 by rdunk because: added question

edit on 1-12-2011 by rdunk because: correction

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

The cracks are radial, like something hit the centre point with just enough force to make cracks radiate outwards, rather then it being an object that has cracked.

Kind of like when a stone hits your car window.

If glass does this then maybe the surface area was vitrified by volcanic activity or maybe an earlier meteor/asteroid/whatever hit and later hit by something smaller.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
And any of this surprises you? Come on.....why the heck is every major country sending probes to mars? Our solar system is huge and as technology brings it all closer there are many opportunities to go elsewhere and look around. Instead we keep going back sending more landers and obiters to Mars and its moons. Keep moving folks nothing to see here! (sarcasm)
brice

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by rdunk

That looks like a UFO to you? That looks more like some sort of geological thing, look at the cracks on it. I wouldn't expect any aliens to fly around in some saucer with a bunch of squiggly, random cracks in it.

Yes rdunk reads to much into odd shapes he sees in these images he is not the only one on here, looking at the full image the direction of light seems to be from the top of the image down.

Its looks like some kind of depression on the surface thats all as for the pipes sorry cracks thats probably due to the collapse in the area.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdunk
I would venture to guess that this disc anomaly is a “Mars one of a kind”.

A little closer to the top of the image there's another "feature" like this one, only smaller, so I guess it's not "one of a kind".

It looks like one of those dome-like features that exist near the pole regions, even on Earth, I don't remember the name at the moment.

Edit: the name I was trying to remember is pingo.
edit on 1/12/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes, I have seen that one also, and have looked at it several times, but it is just not definitive enough for me, to include in an anomaly post. My "one of a kind comment" was relative to this type of disc shaped object.

In my opinion, if this dark hairy/thatchy looking stuff has been applied, then there is very likely a lot of other stuff in this area that has been "hidden".

The south pole is very interesting. The main reason that I spend time looking around in pics of the south pole area, is......................that is where NASA has done a lot of its looking around. I am going to post a screenshot, from Google Mars, that depicts all of the "Spacecraft Imagery" that has been taken of that area. Of course a screenshot of the entire area would be too big to post, so I am just posting the primary area. With some of south pole area, they have taken so many photos, it looks like it has been "painted" with a paint brush!!.

And why, if there was nothing there but ice, would they take so many photos?

SOUTH POLE

edit on 1-12-2011 by rdunk because: made addition

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yes, I have seen that one also, and have looked at it several times, but it is just not definitive enough for me, to include in an anomaly post. My "one of a kind comment" was relative to this type of disc shaped object.
I think both that "disc" and the other a little to the top of the image are the same type of thing.

In my opinion, if this dark hairy/thatchy looking stuff has been applied, then there is very likely a lot of other stuff in this area that has been "hidden".
In my opinion, nothing was applied.

The south pole is very interesting.
Everything is interesting on Mars, at least to me.

And why, if there was nothing there but ice, would they take so many photos?
Because the satellites have polar (or near polar) orbits, so each time they photograph a "slice" of Mars (in this case) from north to south (or vice versa), they pass over both poles, and we end up with more photos of the poles than photos of the other areas

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP
[more
Quote; "Because the satellites have polar (or near polar) orbits, so each time they photograph a "slice" of Mars (in this case) from north to south (or vice versa), they pass over both poles, and we end up with more photos of the poles than photos of the other areas
...................................................................................................................

Hi ArMaP - If that is the case, then I wonder why the north pole is nothing like the south pole, in terms of the numbers of photographs taken "on ice". I will post a screenshot of the north pole, so you too can make that comparison.

Quote: "In my opinion, nothing was applied".

Of course you could be right. So, if it is not "applied", what do you think that hairy/thatchy looking stuff is, since it absolutely cannot be formed by any type of surface growth, on Mars, here at the south pole.???????

And here is a screenshot of the "north pole" of Mars, which shows the "Spacecraft Imagery" taken by the Mars Orbiter Cameras! I believe one can easily see a significant difference in the number of photos taken at each of the Martian poles.

NORTH POLE

edit on 1-12-2011 by rdunk because: made addition

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Hi ArMaP - If that is the case, then I wonder why the north pole is nothing like the south pole, in terms of the numbers of photographs taken "on ice". I will post a screenshot of the north pole, so you too can make that comparison.
Probably because the south pole is more active at the moment, with a bigger change from summer to winter than the north pole.

Of course you could be right. So, if it is not "applied", what do you think that hairy/thatchy looking stuff is, since it absolutely cannot be formed by any type of surface growth, on Mars, here at the south pole.???????
Why should it be some kind of surface growth? According to many scientists, there are changes every spring, and the surface changes appearance, because the CO2 ice disappears and some darker areas become noticeable, like the famous "trees", that seen in higher resolution appear as surface features.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaPWhy should it be some kind of surface growth? According to many scientists, there are changes every spring, and the surface changes appearance, because the CO2 ice disappears and some darker areas become noticeable, like the famous "trees", that seen in higher resolution appear as surface features.

...............................................................................................................................

Because, if the stuff is not "applied', it has grown over whatever this anomaly is, whether or not it is a disc. "Ground and rocks" do not grow. Sand does move around, with the wind, but sand has an entirely different look. Lots of evidence of sand on Mars, and this is not it. In the screenshot, we can see this hairy/thatchy stuff, under the anomaly, coming up the sides of the anomaly, and then covering part of the top of the anomaly.

Please note, even if this "stuff" is "not applied" as it exists in the general area, the hairy/thatchy stuff around the anomaly has an entirely different appearance from the appearance of the general area. It is "more swirling", "more grainy", and generally darker". And some of it, around the anomaly, even seems to be "floating in the air".

To me, it certainly looks applied, if only around the anomaly.

We may never know for sure exactly what this anomaly feature is - ie disc, odd-shaped building, etc., but we can see for sure it is not a natural surface feature like unto any other witnessed thus far into the Mars research.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Because, if the stuff is not "applied', it has grown over whatever this anomaly is, whether or not it is a disc. "Ground and rocks" do not grow.
How do you that it has grown over the "anomaly"? Do you know how it appeared?

And although ground and rocks do not grow, the ground can change, specially in an area that gets covered in ice, with all the resulting erosion. As Martian winds appear to be too weak to be highly erosive, the poles look like the areas with the most active erosion.

In the screenshot, we can see this hairy/thatchy stuff, under the anomaly, coming up the sides of the anomaly, and then covering part of the top of the anomaly.
If I am looking at what you identify as the "hairy/thatchy stuff" (I don't really understand what you mean by that), it looks just like the ground, with some slight differences created by the changes the "anomaly" makes in the winds.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Because, if the stuff is not "applied', it has grown over whatever this anomaly is, whether or not it is a disc. "Ground and rocks" do not grow.
How do you that it has grown over the "anomaly"? Do you know how it appeared?

And although ground and rocks do not grow, the ground can change, specially in an area that gets covered in ice, with all the resulting erosion. As Martian winds appear to be too weak to be highly erosive, the poles look like the areas with the most active erosion.

In the screenshot, we can see this hairy/thatchy stuff, under the anomaly, coming up the sides of the anomaly, and then covering part of the top of the anomaly.
If I am looking at what you identify as the "hairy/thatchy stuff" (I don't really understand what you mean by that), it looks just like the ground, with some slight differences created by the changes the "anomaly" makes in the winds.

.................................................................................................................

ArMaP, when you say "it looks like the ground", I am not sure what ground you are talking about. One cannot see the ground, there, and around the area where the anomaly is. If you move downward in the pic, or farther to the left enough, then you can see what the ground looks like, or at least the ground as covered with what looks like ice/snow. The area is generally covered with the "stuff", whether applied or not.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

By "ground" I meant the terrain surrounding the "anomaly", either covered in ice or not. The way those darker lines are spread around the "anomaly" make me think that they are more noticeable because of the wind.

PS: I knew that this image looked familiar, there's a HiRISE photo of the "anomaly", photo ESP_014436_0920.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

edit on 12/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

........................................................................................................

Hey ArMaP, I am really glad that you found this anomaly in a different photo. Thanks a lot, and I have added it to my files. I did read the narrative, about it being a "crater", but then, with the current party line, how could we expect it to be any different. Their jobs would certainly depend upon their getting it said just right.

This anomaly certainly doesn't look like any crater that I have ever seen, on Mars, and it doesn't look like a crater, IMO.

I will post another screenshot, for the new pic, and a direct link to the full HIRSE photo. The photo itsself is pretty much the same, as posted in the OP.

Again ArMaP, I really appreciate your help!

themis-data.asu.edu...

edit on 1-12-2011 by rdunk because: Added another comment

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
my take is that it's an asteroid

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasa
my take is that it's an asteroid

Well shasa, that is one possibility I would never have thought of, especially since this object is on the ground! Maybe it is in the "dark matter" that is so prevalent in our universe!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join