It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 biggest mysteries about humans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Here are more mysteries:

1. Why is humankind so horrible and destructive?

2. Why are individual humans so brave and so caring?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Here are more mysteries:

No one is sure; we are descendents of scavangers - which in the wild tend to be rather vicious. This trait is probably one reason we survived; as physically we are fairly weak compared to other animals. This trait may also be the reason none of our cousin's were able to contest our #1 spot on the food chain

#2 same as one but towards our own small subset (family). Highly competitive towards all others and protective towards are own small circle.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hi Hans,

As to why humans are so brave and caring - no, it is not towards our own small circle.

We have many tragedies in this world and humans always risk their own lives to save strangers - all the time.

Whenever there is a crisis, brave humans leap in, and I am so in awe of these people - often untrained people.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Hi Hans,

As to why humans are so brave and caring - no, it is not towards our own small circle.

We have many tragedies in this world and humans always risk their own lives to save strangers - all the time.

Whenever there is a crisis, brave humans leap in, and I am so in awe of these people - often untrained people.

Yes of course, I was thinking too narrowly, I stand corrected

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by Harte

You may not plan to, but you could.

Male lactation - Sci Am

Er I think that might be the wrong link unless conservation of energy = male lactation

That's what I get for posting on three boards at the same time!

Why do humans try to post on three boards at once?

Here: Sci Am link

It's not a freak thing - appears anyone can do it, barring some other reason for not being able to.

Harte

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
why do we have morning wood?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Here are more mysteries:

Because there was a time when we were little beings in a big bad world and could have at any time become a snack and a good offence is the best defence.

Because of the very nature of altruism.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Why do humans try to post on three boards at once?

Here: Sci Am link

It's not a freak thing - appears anyone can do it, barring some other reason for not being able to.

Harte

Thanks!

We will forgive you then for your mistake - but you must eat mushroom soup through a straw for the next week

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stryc9nine

All you need to know about erections

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

To keep us from peeing the bed. It saves on the laundry bill.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Read my post again slowly this time. The answers to the questions you just ask are in the post.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I don't know what reasons science gives for kissing, but I've always figured it was from early human mothers chewing food for babies with no teeth. That would pretty much ingrain it in your brain as a positive and pleasurable thing.

Somewhere between breast feeding and having full teeth.

Alternatively, maybe it is from a time when we had sharper senses and instincts and it was to kind of sample a mates health prior to consummation.

I am not really sure about either though.

edit on 3-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by infolurker

I don't know what reasons science gives for kissing, but I've always figured it was from early human mothers chewing food for babies with no teeth. That would pretty much ingrain it in your brain as a positive and pleasurable thing.

Somewhere between breast feeding and having full teeth.

Alternatively, maybe it is from a time when we had sharper senses and instincts and it was to kind of sample a mates health prior to consummation.

I am not really sure about either though.

edit on 3-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

I think you're about right there. Same as affection and foreplay comes from grooming each other. It's all bonding.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Bloods got to go somewhere when the brain is shut down

Just think of this. No matter what you're told no matter what the philosophers or poets say there's only 3 things that nature wants you to do. Eat, reproduce and look after your offspring until it can look after itself.

So you need that wood and the energy to maintain it

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

Read my post again slowly this time. The answers to the questions you just ask are in the post.

Sorry they are not. You may wish to look up the terms; 'parameters' and 'criteria', you gave unevidenced opinion

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Yeah. I actually looked it up after I posted and scientists listed both of those as likely and I honestly had no idea. I should have gone into studying the origins of biological functions or whatever you would call it.
Wrong line of work.
*toots own horn*

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
About 75,000 years ago some 40,000 alien refugees were led here by God to settle a new planet. The supposed bottleneck that is attributed to Toba was not from any volcano. We created robots that rebelled and chased us across the galaxy. We came here and struck a deal with the robots. We won't make more robots and won't travel into space and seek them out. They monitor our compliance to this day. We call them UFO's. They are merely extremely advanced probes sent here to watch us. When we went to the moon we were reminded of our treaty so we stopped going in order to not cause a war again.

How do the neanderthals fit in? They were here already when the refugees arrived. They are natural natives of this planet. A few refugees bred with the natives. Most were supplanted by their more advanced cousins.

That this story is true is self evident. The proof is in anomalous artifacts, impossible maps, lost advanced knowledge, and in genetic profiles. God made this world and led us here in order for us to thrive because He loves us. It's not His fault we make it into hell. That is on us.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Another one.

Why paranoid people think that questions with answers are mysteries without answers?
edit on 3-12-2011 by MonteroReal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by steveknows

Yeah. I actually looked it up after I posted and scientists listed both of those as likely and I honestly had no idea. I should have gone into studying the origins of biological functions or whatever you would call it.
Wrong line of work.
*toots own horn*

You obviouly suffer from an illness which doesn't effect bible people or alien nations. It's called common sense and power of observation.
edit on 4-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

That this story is true is self evident. The proof is in anomalous artifacts, impossible maps, lost advanced knowledge, and in genetic profiles.

...is this the religion where you squat in buttermilk and worship mangy badgers?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join