It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Out Jewish and Christians- Please Answer ONE Question

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well you wont really know for sure until the time comes. Im a christian by the way. But honestly, it isnt a hard question, so you must have gone to an ill informed pastor. Jews are the chosen people yes, and christians are said to be grafted on to the vine. BUT those who dont believe in Christ, and dont acknowledge him, dont have their sins forgiven. Thus they cannot be in the presence of God(which is heaven). Thats the best explanation really.

P.S-Youre not gonna get a straight answer. Noone can prove their side either.

P.S.S-Just to clarify, God doesnt* send you to hell. God will not be in the presence of sin. Its your choice fully. And the only opposite is hell.
edit on 1-12-2011 by isaac7777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

The one that doesn't have to murder people in the name of their God is the right one. Wait... I guess that rules out Christians, Muslims, and Jews.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
So I have a question for you christians or people of any religion(just figured mostly christians on here) that I even stumped a pastor with. Its not that hard of a question either. WHO is right? Which of your religions are right? The christians say that you must accept jesus christ as your lord and savior to go to heaven. Jesus is the SON of GOD according to christianity. Now, Jews dont believe that jesus was the son of god. Rather just a prophet. NOW, Im no expert, but if the jews are the "chosen" ones, and they actually LIVE in the "holy land", then who is right? Are the jews not going to heaven because they do not believe that jesus was the son and died for their sins? Are the christians wrong, and Yeshua(translated to joshua) is the son? And those are just the two main religions, thats doesnt even include muslims and allah! So that is my question, WHO IS RIGHT? Jews or christians.

I love these antisemitic threads disguised like legit questions.

If you did any research into the subject at hand, you would see the deep seeded flaw in your overall approach. Many-many Jewish people believe Jesus Christ was the messiah. Even though the majority do not see him in such a manner, many Jewish people do view Jesus with a level of authority.

When you enter these conversations, you should bring scripture into the overall debate. Once you line up prophecy with prophecy, you will notice the ignorance behind the opening argument.

Regardless about everyone's conflicting views, nothing will change my feeling about my Jewish brothers.

God bless you,
Section 31 - Your Christian brother

edit on 12/1/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Are the christians wrong, and Yeshua(translated to joshua) is the son?
Christians have a Christian Bible that they believe in called the New Testament, and in this Christian Bible, the actual person said to be the Christ is named Jesus, not whoever you wrote in the post which I just quoted.
First you need to establish who the Christians believe is the Christ, before you can go any further in the discussion.
People who believe what you wrote are not Christians but some sort of heretic and will go to hell.
edit on 1-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sorry OP, not getting a yes or no from me either, but I happen to like the attitude

I notice most believers of any faith base their opinions on the bible or other scripture assuming it's "the word of God" and factual. I suggest none of them are. What if all of them turn out to be well meaning misinterpretations? If the truth is important to you, this would make a difference.

I notice most atheists have no convincing answer for spiritual events, feelings etc.

I happen to believe in a "God" or higher spiritual power. I also believe all the religions of this world are trying to interpret something that isn't meant to be. Trying to simplify something that isn't simple. I don't believe it's necessary to be "saved" from anything but ignorance. I believe their are "good" and "evil" forces at play, exactly what they are is the real question.

Quoting scripture as proof of anything is about as convincing as quoting the phone book as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad some people find it helpful in their lives, I'm sad some of those same people use it to justify harming others in a myriad of ways.

Answer: No one actually knows. Probable answer: Neither.

Again, love the attitude.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Christianity has three portions to their (our) bible:

Old Testament
God's laws, human origins, moral lessons, and Jewish history written by several Jewish authors.

New Testament
Christ's fulfillment of prophesy and Jewish history written by four Jewish Disciples.

Revelation of Jesus Christ
Christ's return written by a Jewish/Christian Disciple.

If Christian and Jewish traditions are incorrect, you would have to blame the Bible's Jewish authors.

edit on 12/1/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Jews rejected Yeshua. But not all. The Christian faith (they called them The Way back then) started the church. It was full of Jews but it grew more by non Jews within 20 years or so and th jews were then persucuted and scattered around the world.

Jews get a second chance to accpet the real Messiah I understand, they are still Gods chosen people according to the Bible. But how that salvation occurs I'm not sure

However, much is written about the revealing of the sons of God. These are not gender humans but the reference to the spirit inside a Christian who realises they are a son of God, (spirit has no gender) brother to Christ in spirit and able to inherit all that sons do although Christ being the firstborn is the head. That means a son of God has all available to him that Christ does except the authority of Christ. All this in in the NT. Sons aren't 'christians' because Christians mostly live by grace as 'saved sinners' devoid of power and purpose. But sons are different, sons build by generations ensuring their family and their families family are as unified in the faith as Jews used to be. Christians generally don't have 3 generations of the same family in church because they don't understand what kingdom really means. 'Sons' know who they are and what they have. The world graons waiting for the revealing of the sons of God and Chjrist is the head of the church of the firstborn. People need to study that but a lo reject it becuase it demands too much of them and their life if they find out what it really means. Thats the type of thing a Jew used to have in identity in the old days. But there God is not exclusive them them anymore.

The Jews are Gods people and that is why they are hated so much because it is all spiritual and people can't understand why they feel so anti. Because it is spiritual

Christians are 'grafted in' to the promise of the Jews, the Bible makes it clear they are joined to the promises of Israel but now it's not a physical thing but a spiritual one.... While individual Jews must come to Christ for salvation, God is still not finished with Israel as a nation. The Bible tells us that in the end times, Israel will finally recognize Jesus as their Messiah so I guess they get a chance to believe when Christ comes back again I think

edit on 1-12-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well home from work and just as I expected, 7 pages of christians preaching to me and telling me I dont know christ or dont know what im talking about
And still, most of you have failed to answer the question with anything but verses and condescending religious rhetoric. Im sorry to have puzzled you with such a difficult question(that was sarcasm save your breath) but I thought most on ATS were here to deny ignorance, and this just proves most of you cannot have a debate without getting soooo offended about your personal beliefs. Well good luck those of you who think YOUR the chosen ones, me myself, dont need to live my life by the imaginary rule of an "invisible god" . I know I have faith in myself, and live my life under my rules, and you know, I think its going pretty good for me.

Ps Thank you to all who acted civil in this matter and contributed to the thread, I was not meaning to lump you in with the others, many

edit on 1-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Christians are 'grafted in' to the promise of the Jews, the Bible makes it clear they are joined to the promises of Israel but now it's not a physical thing but a spiritual one....
Apparently you do not believe in Jesus so are not a christian but someone who has their own Bible with their own Christ and explanation for who they are as believers.
Christians believe that Jesus is Lord, being the anointed Christ of God.
Believers, those who know Jesus as Christ as Lord, are grafted onto the promise of the good thing. At one time, the Jews were the branches from that good root. They were cut off to make room for the grafted-on branches, the followers of God, who show their belief in the true God by following His son who he appointed to be Lord.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

. . . most of you have failed to answer the question with anything but verses and condescending religious rhetoric.
You failed to present a true religion for anyone to get behind but instead presented two pseudo-religions, meaning messed up versions which don't represent anyone but a minority of heretical religionists.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

God is right! I do believe that Jesus died for our sins and I believe the legacy he left as it is written. The Jews WERE his chosen people........and they were chosen because at that time they were the ONLY ones who on the planet willing to uphold all of the Mosaic Laws that God put forth. They were the chosen people to bring forth the son of God, Jesus. The laws were in place to ensure the cleanliness of his seed.

However when the Jews denied Jesus was the son of God and they did so mostly because at that time to be a Jew you had to be born a Jew, so nobody else could be saved, and that is what Jesus did.

The priests did not appreciate the scolding they got from Jesus and denied him as the son of God.

After Jesus was born there was no longer a reason to live under those laws and of course I believe God knew what everyday obstacles were to be put in our paths to make that almost impossible.

There are a lot of unanswered questions and I believe that in time God will reveal the answers. I also believe that it is only with a pure heart for the truth that you will be able to see them.

Hope this helps!
edit on 1-12-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have said this a few times before...and I am going to say it again.

God is like a huge mountain....and standing around the base of that mountain are people from every spiritual belief, religion, race and creed....and they are all holding hands....and looking up...at the same mountain.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
So I have a question for you christians or people of any religion(just figured mostly christians on here) that I even stumped a pastor with. Its not that hard of a question either. WHO is right? Which of your religions are right? The christians say that you must accept jesus christ as your lord and savior to go to heaven. Jesus is the SON of GOD according to christianity. Now, Jews dont believe that jesus was the son of god. Rather just a prophet. NOW, Im no expert, but if the jews are the "chosen" ones, and they actually LIVE in the "holy land", then who is right? Are the jews not going to heaven because they do not believe that jesus was the son and died for their sins? Are the christians wrong, and Yeshua(translated to joshua) is the son? And those are just the two main religions, thats doesnt even include muslims and allah! So that is my question, WHO IS RIGHT? Jews or christians.
edit on 30-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

Jews follow the Ten commandments... Jesus refined those commandments

Love God, and love your neighbour... Both of which are completely related to the previous ten...

So if both Jew and Christian follow the law of Love... They are both right

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . most of you have failed to answer the question with anything but verses and condescending religious rhetoric.
You failed to present a true religion for anyone to get behind but instead presented two pseudo-religions, meaning messed up versions which don't represent anyone but a minority of heretical religionists.

Please, I implore you! Which religion would you like to bring to the table? I dont believe in any myself

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Maybe I am missing your point and that you really aren't interested in what the religions are but what sort of attitude the members of the respective religions have to each other.
I really have nothing against Jews or Muslims but with people who claim to be Christians while they apparently believe in a different Christ and seem to be reading out of a Bible I have never seen. I wish they would stop misrepresenting themselves and come up with another name rather than Christian, then I would just ignore them.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Jews follow the Ten commandments... Jesus refined those commandments
The Jews believed in loving their fellow Jews as long as they looked and acted exactly like they did, otherwise, they should hate, banish, or kill anyone not fitting that description.
Jesus said to love even those who do not look and act exactly like we do.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

kill anyone not fitting that description.

I don't know what you're talking about. Jewish law is pretty explicit about a person be tried before being punished. A Jew has no legal right, or religious obligation, to kill someone they see violating the law.

Everyone is entitled to a fair trial. It's a Biblical precept.

they should hate

You hate the action, not the sinner. But, in the case of a willful sinner, who flouts the commandments, and pursues a Gnostic libertine lifestyle, such a lazy fool deserves to be hated. In fact, I myself hate people like that. Complete lazy asses. They eat the same lentil soup that Esau begged from Jacob in exchange for his birth right. Esau - Christianity - Edom, is a religion for people seeking convenience.. and not a life of spiritual labor.

Jesus said to love even those who do not look and act exactly like we do.

In order to truly love God, and good, you must hate evil. Otherwise, you become a proponent of evil.

What was that famous MLK quote?

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it. Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
No one knows but God. Thats why you stick to what you know and have faith. As a catholic raised but analytically minded person Im still more on the spiritual side of the fence. The all knowing and loving God I pray to wouldnt condemn someone to hell for simply not knowing what the consequences are for practicing a faith they love and understand. Whatever keeps you good and faithful is hopefully enough. Maybe theyre all right. Staying your course could be the true test...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ADMX101

No one knows but God.
I agree with your post and that we should live as if we understand that we very well may be wrong, so we have to just be good in a way that is beneficial to people in general and not to take our religion to an extreme of going out to destroy the evil whatever the other side is. There should be enough religions to go around where everyone can join one to be with other people of similar belief and not have to get into conflicts with others. I understand I am not the best example of that and I should keep the "going to hell" sayings to a minimum, but I just need to try to wake people up because they are falling into a hypnoses and don't even realize they have just renounced their own religion, just out of pure trickery and lies.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well both are right in different ways. Different religion has different things about them but alot have many similarities. People can bash christians and jews and people who believe in a higher ource like god but i know whats out there. Its not exactly what u think it is either. I have seen something else. You can stay on earth when you die if you want but i think human spirits have to absorb energy from living humans. Demons, however, do not need it but they do feed off of fear. The people who do not believe in god, they die and many stay on earth because they realized they should have believed what many people told them. I have been close to death many times. People who have weak wills and do not believe are easily taken over by demons. The christians are right about some things and the jews are right about some things. Its like each religion is right about certain things. Dont forget though that a human wrote the books that people follow in their religion.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join