It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Captured After The Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
What happens if Bin Laden is captured after the election? If Bush wins re-election, does this support his next four years?

If Kerry wins, does this justify W. Bush's only term? Many people have said the current administration will roll out OBL right before the election. I'm just curious what the response would be if Bush loses and then we capture OBL.

PLease don't say it won't happen because we already have him. I've heard that enough. I am speaking hypothetically.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
My bet is that he will be captured before the election. The foundation is already being set....

apnews.myway.com...

This will be the BIG October surprise....

[edit on 6-9-2004 by loam]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
My bet is that he will be captured before the election. The foundation id already being laid.....

apnews.myway.com...

This will be the BIG October surprise....

We've heard enough about his capture before the election. I'm looking for theories on the effect if he is captured after.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
I'm looking for theories on the effect if he is captured after.

It will merely serve as support for the effectiveness of whoever holds the office. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I'm looking for theories on the effect if he is captured after.

It will merely serve as support for the effectiveness of whoever holds the office. Plain and simple.

If Bush loses the election but he is captured shortly after, how will it effect the Kerry term?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Kerry will get the credit.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf

And why would that be? Are you being sarcastic or is that your real opinion?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf

And why would that be? Are you being sarcastic or is that your real opinion?

Because if Kerry is in office at the time Bin Laden is captured, the Kerry administration will put that spin on it. "We captured bin Laden; We know how to fight terrorists" etc, etc.

Much in the same way people say the "bad economy" is Bush's fault, when it was inherited from Clinton.

The President in office gets praised/blamed when things go right/wrong. No one really says "Yeah well the economy sucks but it's not your fault Bush."

So, if Bin Laden is captured when Kerry is elected, Kerry will go down in history as the one to get him, since it happened during his presidency.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I agree with Cutwolf. Presidents always inheriet the problems/rewards of the previous guy since most actions they take, need a few years to develop.

As to wheter or not we "actually" have Bin Laden and are just holding him, I seriously doubt it. Why would we hold onto him and make people turn agaisnt Bush with him taking so long to track Bin Laden down. I saw the moment his is captured and in military hands, the US will announce it.

Besides, Bush will win this years election.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What happens if Kerry wins the election but OBL is caught during the remainder of Bush's term? Would this make us look back at Bush's term in office a little different? I know to many people, it won't matter. They think he couldn't do anything right.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well if he is capture after the elections, like people have said before, Kerry will get the credit, that is if he wins, if Bush wins and OBL gets captured, Bush will then be free to do whatever he wants till he make another error. Same way with 9-11, after the massive terror attack Bush was free to do anything he wanted, he went after Afghaniztan and people didn't care, but after he went after Iraq he got into trouble.

I don't it matters that much if he gets captured after the election, because by then the election will be over and as the saying goes "winners gets it all."

new topics

top topics

join