It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd Fans: Thoughts of The Latest Upcoming Tour

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Being a HUGE Pink Floyd fan since I was 14 years old,having all their albums(yes albums like vinyl),and have been to 2 concerts when they were still together,what are your thought's on the latest concert tour led by Roger Waters The Wall Live ?
My wife just bought me tickets for it this coming spring.

www.roger-waters.com...

But ,without David Gilmore,will it be just a cheesy production of what once was?

edit on 30-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As a huge Floyd fan, I wish I was going to see the Wall tour...even if it's just Roger Waters. I wish the rest of Pink Floyd and Roger Waters could resolve their differences.

P.s. John Waters is the director of Pink Flamingoes and Hairspray.
edit on 11/30/2011 by BishopNGreen because: forgot a postscript

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I saw roger waters do dark side of the moon in hyde park and it made me cry like a baby.
He had nick mason and snowy with him too and it was pretty much note perfect.

I would recommend it

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
A tribute to all Pink Floyd fans everywhere,this is what it is all about.

Thank you guys for making my world make sense.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ya be really cool to see. one of the last tours of "pink floyd". They made some of the geatest rock albums ever. and no body makes "album " rock any more dead genra of music.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

do you mean roger waters, instead of john waters? or is john on tour making a movie with them?

if i had the chance, i reckon it would still be a good gig to see. I always used to think that if a band didn't have the original members, then it wouldn't be as good...

but being a musician myself, and having a new drummer who can sing... we still go by the same name...

Being only 27, it turns out that all the bands i've grown up to, actually had loads of new members to the original...

i originally heard dark side of the moon and the wall before i'd ever heard pipers at the gates of dawn with syd... but i like it all.

who have they got playing lead guitar?

zeppelin reformed a while back with bonham jr.....

fleetwood mac lost peter green and continued on for years afterwards bringing out loads more hits...

acdc, replaced a singer or two?

i haven't listened to queen with out freddie... but they're still going.

oasis went on for a while with loads of new members (i like to joke and say: "thankyou, we've been oasis!" because hey, what's to say we aren't...just all new members!!)...

but yeah... music in the end is music...

i definitely see the point you're coming from, though...

edit added: who is playing keys? and is nick mason still drumming? cause otherwise, roger waters should just go on tour as roger waters playing songs of pink floyd... he was a huge driving force of the band, though...

as long as there are two original members, i think it can still go by that name...
edit on 30/11/11 by BobLoblaw84 because: edit added to end..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobLoblaw84

do you mean roger waters, instead of john waters? or is john on tour making a movie with them?

Yes Roger Waters is going under the name of Babs Johnson for the tour

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

John Waters The Wall

Who the heck is John?

But ,without David Gilmore,will it be just a cheesy production of what once was?
Not in my opinion. Not at all. Would I have rather gone to a Pink Floyd show back in the 70's?
Hell yeah. Since that can't happen. This is the next best thing. I've seen waters twice. The first time was about 2 weeks before this↓ show was recorded (for CD & DVD).

Definitely a DVD that is worth checking out.

2nd time was a few years ago. 2nd half of the show was Dark Side... in its entirety. I was not at all disappointed with either show.

edit on 11/30/11 by BrokenCircles because: Dangit..... 1st vid was only 10 minutes, and was missing the end of the song.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ok,now I am getting pumped up for this!!!!!!
Thanks

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

if i had the chance, i reckon it would still be a good gig to see. I always used to think that if a band didn't have the original members, then it wouldn't be as good...

but being a musician myself, and having a new drummer who can sing... we still go by the same name...

Being only 27, it turns out that all the bands i've grown up to, actually had loads of new members to the original...

i originally heard dark side of the moon and the wall before i'd ever heard pipers at the gates of dawn with syd... but i like it all.

who have they got playing lead guitar?

zeppelin reformed a while back with bonham jr.....

fleetwood mac lost peter green and continued on for years afterwards bringing out loads more hits...

acdc, replaced a singer or two?

i haven't listened to queen with out freddie... but they're still going.

oasis went on for a while with loads of new members (i like to joke and say: "thankyou, we've been oasis!" because hey, what's to say we aren't...just all new members!!)...

but yeah... music in the end is music...

i definitely see the point you're coming from, though...

edit added: who is playing keys? and is nick mason still drumming? cause otherwise, roger waters should just go on tour as roger waters playing songs of pink floyd... he was a huge driving force of the band, though...

as long as there are two original members, i think it can still go by that name...
edit on 30/11/11 by BobLoblaw84 because: edit added to end..

Yes,Roger Waters.
As time goes on,the music is still great,but the people playing it live change.
But the music lives on,in our hearts and minds.
Many,many great artists have died,but their music lives on,it is immortal.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I didn't know that they were touring again, thanks for that info. I never knew the band like it was, I knew it from the Division Bell on (High Hopes is amazing). Actually I had my tonsils taken out the day before they tore down the wall and pink floyd did a hug thing on it. I remember eating sherbert, and watching them play a concert.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yes i would love to see it. Pink Floyd brought so much joy into my life, there was no other experience like the first couple time on the ganja, lyin on your bed to some pink (i listened to it all old and new). I cant experience that again, it was like being a child and i yearn it so much.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dankety

You can live it again,just lay down and listen,it all comes back.
The memories,oh,yes,the memories.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BobLoblaw84

Being only 27,,,,,,

roger waters should just go on tour as roger waters playing songs of pink floyd...

He is, and he has been, since you were born.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Being only 27,,,,,,

roger waters should just go on tour as roger waters playing songs of pink floyd...

You just brought a smile to my face,cause I just realized that their are so many that are new to Pink Floyd,or have never even heard of them.
I graduated from highschool in '82, 2 years before bobloblaw84 was born.
Man,I'm getting old.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

that cracked me up lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BishopNGreen

Man,I just noticed my mistake on the john waters roger waters thing.
I don't know what happen.Well,maybe some past ,um,unmentionable things.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Its still a beautiful experience but theirs nothing like those initial first times.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dankety

Its still a beautiful experience but theirs nothing like those initial first times.

That is so true,the first of many things.
Then,after awhile,it becomes the same ol' same ol'.
But,you can capture a bit of that first feeling every once in a while.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Being only 27,,,,,,

You just brought a smile to my face,cause I just realized that their are so many that are new to Pink Floyd,or have never even heard of them.
I graduated from highschool in '82, 2 years before bobloblaw84 was born.
Man,I'm getting old.

Any of you old folk watched wizard of oz with the volume turned down and synced up with dark side of the moon?

yeah, i may be young, but i grew up listening to them. even umma gumma...however, i can't stand "several species in a cave" (not the exact name) always kind of gave me an anxiety attack..

i wrote an essay at college about how i was jealous of my parents being able to see the floyd and what did us damn kids have to tell our kids about???? as soon as i finished the essay, i was inspired to go out and buy tickets to see radiohead.... it was a bit of a dissappointment

though, i got to see dick dale play twice at the santa monica pier when i was a kid.... for free!!!

seen dan hicks... sugie otis...

justin beiber (not really...)

my buddy is gonna go see zappa plays zappa on thursday... kind of jealous... was even more jealous when he went to see the grandmothers of invention (old members from the original mothers) ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join