It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bet None of You Can Be Hypnotized: That's Why You're Here.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
Everyone can be hypnotized. Remember that person you were extremely attracted to? I guarantee that person can make you do things you wouldn't normally do. It's like being under a spell and you don't even know it...
edit on 1-12-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

You have to be willing. You forget that part. Just because I might not usually, doesn't mean that I don't love something about the spell.

Ever been utterly attracted to someone, and then suddenly it disappears in an instant? Poof! What are you really attracted to? The person, or the spell?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Pretty much anyone can be hypnotized and actually most people go into a hypnotic state several times per day without realizing it. Being hypnotized is not like being asleep - in fact, you are aware of everything around you. Some drugs "block" it (by actually already keeping you in a state) and some few people with serious psychoses don't but that is because they are already disconnected from reality.

Some examples of going into state (as it is called) without realizing it:

when you are driving home and and get there without really remembering much about the drive. Obviously you didn't fall asleep or you would have wrecked.

missing an exit on the freeway (same thing).

Playing a game or reading a book or (yes) watching TV and realizing that hours have past without you realizing it

And actually, as you are going to sleep you pass through a hypnotic state.

Some people are more difficult because they have control issues, but then the professional (therapeutic) hypnotist should use different techniques.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Oooh...weird. Yep, try as I might, I just can't go under.

Which was NOT helpful in therapy, btw...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

No offense was intended. If you say you cannot be hypnotized, I believe you. You must truly be one of the few who can't be for whatever reason. That's too bad, it's a very handy tool to utilize.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

My guess is that you are regularly in that state UE. It isn't that you can't - it is that you use it so regularly that it operates in your brain as a norm that you control and segregate at will.

Those who have been required to learn to bring to deal with sensory input at a conscious level and then learn to move it back to a subconscious level may not realize how much more they are using executive control over otherwise autonomous brain wiring and chemistry.

Some with sensory data issues never get there, and are hampered forever by not being able to suppress it. Some system might never improve, and alway need to be consciously done. But very effect of doing it is the trigger for extra executive function that is directed at internal management.

Those who never have to deal with sensory input issues might never be triggered to even consider that they could have some conscious control over their wiring and chemistry.

One part of your brain you allow to be in that state for your own reasons, and another you assign to some other task. That's m'guess.

edit on 2011/12/1 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's my understanding that those who are highly analytical are much more difficult to hypnotize, and I would think if we are into the type of topics discussed on ATS, then we all most definitely fall into the "highly analytical" category.

And you know, it makes sense. If you are an analytical person, always analyzing everything, then whatever method the hypnotist uses to put you under, you are going to be analyzing it, and the hypnotist, and everything else under the Sun rather than paying attention to what the hypnotist is trying to do to capture your mind.

That would be the deal with me anyway. For instance, when someone says something to me I pick up on about 6 billion different things at once, but more often than not have to ask them to repeat what they just said because their intention went completely over my head, as I was more interested in my own intention of finding out exactly what "I thought" they wanted before I was even open to the possibility of considering what they were about to claim (or appear as if) they wanted.

I have my own theory on why that is with me anyway, and I believe it has to do with the types of personalities I most associated with in early childhood. If you are around people who tend to be sarcastic, goofballs, practical jokers, or flat-out liars, you naturally develop an analytical mind that ignores the other person until you have assessed whether or not they really mean what it appears on the surface that they mean because if you do not, then you are constantly being "had".

So with me, anyway, you could be flashing lights in my face, playing droning tones and doing everything supposed to be inducing a trance, and I'd be in la-la-land already, so I'd never even notice the stuff eventhough I was being directly bombarded with it. And I don't see how you can place somebody in a trance if you are unable to capture the attention of their mind. If someone is always in their own head, it would seem to me that it is not going to be very easy to get into their head from the outside, since they'll never likely hear you knocking on the door.

But I don't know that much about hypnosis, so in reality I am just merely speculating.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss

Perhaps a lot of the folks at ATS are harder to "brainwash" too. We are of strong minds, willing to leap from the norm and straddle topics that others are in disbelief about.

Looking at that from a different angle, might it be also fair to wonder if someone who is willing to leap from the norm is therefore more open to suggestion, which is basically what hypnotism is?

It's also possible that every believer here has been hypnotised by their governments into believing aliens have visited in order to cover up secret technology, can anyone prove that not to be true?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

I don't believe any such thing. I just like considering "what if" when I see people talking about it.

My personal conspiracies are all for more political in nature. And I don't mean the "OMG Reptoids are sucking the brains out of politicians" kind of conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

And I don't mean the "OMG Reptoids are sucking the brains out of politicians" kind of conspiracy.

Aeons, you just burst my bubble.

BTW, your new avvy messed me up. I'm so used to thinking of you as Laura Roslin.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Aeons

And I don't mean the "OMG Reptoids are sucking the brains out of politicians" kind of conspiracy.

Aeons, you just burst my bubble.

BTW, your new avvy messed me up. I'm so used to thinking of you as Laura Roslin.

My subconscious needed to prod my conscious mind about a subject that required some psychological gymnastics about soul images and the shadow self.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Well, I can hypnotise people through both non verbal inductions and verbal inductions, I am also self taught and use whatever feels right at the time rather than a pre learned induction or other. I am sorry to say this but after four years of it, 6 months of actually taking it as my new career path (successfully so far) I have yet to find someone I have not been able to hypnotise and because of this, I disagree with your threads suggestion.

I believe that everyone and anyone can be hypnotised, especially the intelligent, it is far easier to manipulate an intelligent person from experience. The gullible or less intelligent can be dictated too and do not need any form of hypnosis or manipulation to do what they are told but that is bordering on a different topic.

I would say that the hardest people to hypnotise are people who have a lot of thoughts flowing through their minds, probably like the people on ATS but that too can be approached by a confusional or association technique.

A lot of hypnotists learn a few scripts or one technique and stick too it. Just because one technique will work with most people does not mean it will work with everyone. Understanding that it is not what you say or do to someone but how you do it and how the person responds is everything when it comes to hypnosis.

Do you think a hypnotist is going to tell anyone, that they cannot hypnotise you because they do not understand what they are doing enough?

With all this said though, if you are completely aware that someone is going to attempt to hypnotise you and you are openly resisting it, it is highly likely that it will not work but I still think that it is the hypnotists job to make you feel comfortable enough to be hypnotised if that makes sense.

Hypnosis in the form this thread speaks about is not the kind that people should be worried about resisting, they should be worried about the things that are not labelled as hypnosis yet actually are and fed to you daily.

On a personal level, what really worries me is this, if I (joe bloggs) can hypnotise people and have them believing or doing whatever, what can the people who are far more intelligent and more powerful than myself do to me?? Heck, I would not even be able to see it coming, I could be living in a cardboard box at the north pole right now for all I really know??

edit on 1-12-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Everyone can be hypnotized. Remember that person you were extremely attracted to? I guarantee that person can make you do things you wouldn't normally do. It's like being under a spell and you don't even know it...

You have to be willing. You forget that part. Just because I might not usually, doesn't mean that I don't love something about the spell.

Ever been utterly attracted to someone, and then suddenly it disappears in an instant? Poof! What are you really attracted to? The person, or the spell?

No if you are extremely attracted to someone you are always willing and you don't even know it. That's why the best hypnotists don't even know that they actually have that power over someone...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Someone tried to hypnotize me at a school show twenty years ago. It didn't work. I think it kind of embarrassed him.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
have you ever experienced a situation when you're driving or doing something for a prolonged time and forget that you're doing a certain thing then suddenly SNAP?
E.G. im a soccer referee and when the game is boring i fall into some kind of "hypnosis" (idk if i should even call it that) and i suddenly snapp when something out of the norm happens.
idk if that'll fall into any kind of "hypnosis".

would it?

edit on 2-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

there was a tv program on last night on the british tv and the hypnotist explained that extroverts can be easily hypnotised but not introverts , because introverts will not relax their minds enough for the hypnotist to plant suggestions.

the program was called DECEPTION with keith barry and it was on 5 star on free view .

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Very interesting, i never tought of it that way
S&f

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

No if you are extremely attracted to someone you are always willing and you don't even know it. That's why the best hypnotists don't even know that they actually have that power over someone...

Why do you think one might be attracted to someone? What is it about the hypnotist / hypnotic personality that you think gives them this power that you cannot control yourself? Doesn't this mean you don't want to?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hypnotists are themselves hypnotuzed i beleive so
like interference ..hypnoses becomes or
comes in as manifested through the harmonics of the unconsious and subconscious weavings of the 'field'

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Well I said to you I would eventually send you some footage so here it is, the footage was from an audience member at a sell out show I did last week...

( bear in mind I am Scottish in case its hard to understand
)

It is also a comedy show for anyone that has no sense of humour...

There are always people who talk about things when they do not know what they are talking about, im not one of them and I always keep my word. Be careful who you listen to with things, especially this topic.

Enjoy!

Everyone can be hypnotised, some just take longer than others to hypnotise.

edit on 11-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Perhaps a lot of the folks at ATS are harder to "brainwash" too. We are of strong minds, willing to leap from the norm and straddle topics that others are in disbelief about. Obviously, the "brainwashing" techniques of TPTB haven't worked on us, because, in fact, here we all are, and we're all pretty clear about what's really going on in the world.

I don't know what web site YOU are talking about but here at ATS there is no shortage of brainwashed zombies.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join