It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I don't get about a lot of conspiracies.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don't understand a lot of the large-scale conspiracies. I don't get the "end game". If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it.

Often times, a lot of the "larger" conspiracies on here seem to end with purposeful destruction of the economy, draconian lock-down on citizens, and other ghastly things that don't quite click for me. If you were a powerful person, and you (or your family) had spent a lot of time amassing a considerable amount of wealth, why would you want to crush the rest of the world? Why would you want to instate some sort of martial law? It doesn't make sense to me.

From time to time, people mention the FEMA camps and how their capacity could hold the entire population of the US. I've heard it stated a few times that the purpose of the camps is for martial law to be declared, and everyone is driven by bus to their nearby camp and locked up. Why? What purpose would that serve? From the perspective of a person in power, what would you gain from that? Control? What good is it to control a population that no longer has a usable output?

I guess a lot of it goes back to the Orwellian future versus Huxley's; the Orwellian one is a nightmare that you're probably aware of, whereas Huxley's vision of a controlled future gives the illusion of freedom. It seems to me that if you want to control a population as best you can, you make everyone as happy and as complacent as possible. I don't see a benefit to purposely sinking a large (or global) economy. Not even for financial gain. If you are powerful enough to orchestrate something like that, money probably means nothing to you at that point.

So, why take over the earth? How does it help you? The only thing I can reason (and it's the most stupid thing I've come up with) is that someone would want to do it purely to see if they could.

I know it's pretty vague, but can anyone shed some light on this? Or link me to something that explains it well (not the processes, but the concept)?

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutralGuard

I ask the same questions!

The way I see it, even IF the FEMA camps were meant for the population... It wouldn't work. First off, there would be no one left to run the major infrastructure. No power, no food, no anything really. It'd be a complete wreck.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I know where you're coming from, and I wish you were right, that it 'doesn't make sense' for someone to want to destroy human kind or suppress it the way TPTB seem to want to.

But, you see, once they have every 'thing' they could want (money, power, control) then they have to protect and act upon their beliefs.
These families/individuals genuinely believe they are better than you. Smarter than you. More right than you. They believe that if people are left to their own accord we will resort to corruption, crime, poverty, etc, and they have to protect us from ourselves.
At the same time, what could be more dangerous to The Power That Be than a truly free society, with people who can think and act for themselves? We would catch on very fast (as most of us already are.)
We outnumber 'them' by about a million to one. So of course the odds are on our side if we act while we still can.

There is a new documentary called 'Thrive' that explains your question very well. One of the best explanation I've seen. You can stream it for free here:

vodpod.com...

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I don't have much to add except that I understand how ya feel and all. Check out that documentary Thrive as he just pointed out, if ya can. Its one of the best I have seen.

U

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You are totally right! S+F I believe conspiracy is born out of the human intelligence, our brains are programmed to make sense of complex patterns for example, images and sound... but a by-product of this is we see the economy, the government, space, the universe etc as something complex that most people cant understand and thus our brains create "the logic" out of the complexity.

Yes there are corrupt people out there but I sincerely believe that on the whole everyone is trying to make the world a better place, who's gonna gain from "nuking" the planet? it doesn't make sense...
edit on 30-11-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well, this is why everyone thinks the huge endgame conspiracy theorists are nutters...

On one level it does seem completely impossible. Not that i'm agreeing that they're right, but one argument is that the powers that be are scared and realise the population is too high for them to completely control. For them they still need their slaves but less of these "waste of space/useless eaters" (to them)

so what i'm saying is that... is it far-fetched? well...maybe, but also still possible. just sayin'

oh...I don't bloody know anymore
I find life to be one big science-fiction film and i actually get a kick out of these huge conspiracies just to think, "what if?"

Do check out a guy called Alan Watt. I find the way he talks about the huge conspiracy is very level headed.

To me, it is not just one huge conspiracy....it's loads of little unorganised ones that follow human nature.. a richer man trying to take some little man's land, that's life... however, using psychology, powerful people scare us into thinking they're more organised than they really are...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Thanks for passing along the video, I'll give it a look!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Did you know that back in the Christopher Columbus days that people who spoke about the Americas and the world being round were considered conspiracists? Isn't it ironic that no matter how much time goes by and theories are proven factual people will still call each other names and label each other?

A conspiracy is nothing more than two or more people agreeing with each other to do something. So all you need is two people to create a conspiracy. Last time I checked every time you make an agreement with someone you just conspired. ironic isn't it? Each time you agree to pay for something at a store you just conspired. So you conspire daily. So in a sense your a conspiracist. Amazing isn't it? How a urban saying can mean so little or so much.

I myself question those in this world who actually don't believe that people don't make arrangements with each other in secret and think that these things never occur. I would bet a million dollars that even yourself has done something in your life to ask someone to keep a secret. So are you still wondering if people do things in secret?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I guess a lot of it goes back to the Orwellian future versus Huxley's; the Orwellian one is a nightmare that you're probably aware of, whereas Huxley's vision of a controlled future gives the illusion of freedom.

Huxley's version is simply what we are living in now, a state of control that gives of the feeling of freedom. Orwell..... is the near future. *sigh*

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This pretty much sums up whats at the bottom of the rabbit hole.

t is very difficult to describe this subject in a rational way, a subject more than likely to provoke sarcasm. Yet, since we at Karmapolis.be began our inquiry into extraterrestrial phenomena, the history of religions and civilizations, and our research on anomalies and conspiracy theories, this theme about parasites in the human mind - i.e., the manipulation of the human being by an external entity, extraterrestrial or interdimensional - has hit us every time right between the eyes.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 30-11-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Why do they want to do this if its true? They are crazy. Its about something much darker than money ect ect. They are out of their minds.

Another thing serveral decades ago the liers ramped up their efforts to take over the minds of men with fear and lies. It works well. Keeps folk in check without force. They are very big liers and lie about everything. They even have a board that set around and think up lies and how to get them out to the public.

Also camps. They did this durring the american civil war.....rounded up 1000s of civlians and put them in camps where they died from conditions. Called the civilian partisans, suspended their rights and killed them off in camps along with the troops they captured.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

I wish you were correct. I honestly do. It would make more sense to me.
But I think there are darker forces at work.
I believe that 99.9% of people want to make the world better for everyone, or at least themselves/family.
But that's not entirely true.
I think it would benefit you much to watch this new documentary.
Thrive.
vodpod.com...

Good luck on your quest!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

No problem!
I think it is a great video that explains bit by bit what is happening in this world, but ends with a positive message explaining 'what can I do to help?'
U2U me if you want when you've watched and to let me know what you think.
And then...pass it on!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
In order to understand the end game, the first thing one must realize, is that huxley and orwell's visions were phases of a system that was already in place. The "nwo" isn't coming, it's already here. And it has been for a very long time.

You're right that it isn't about the money. Money is nothing more than a control mechanism. A dangling carrot in the face of the populace. Something to be given and taken at the whim of the elitists of the world.

It's about three things. Control, power, and the most important, ownership. Of everything. The planet, its resources, and yes, even us. From their perspective, they own it all. And they can do with it as they please.

So. End game? Complete and total open rule. Those who administrate this world have done so from behind the scenes for a very long time. But they envision the day when they will rule openly. They see themselves as gods upon the earth with the inherent right to rule the masses.

However, that day is not just yet. There are things that must happen first. The system to expedite that rule is almost in place. But a major culling of the population has to be achieved. Either gradually without notice, or all at once. Or possibly a bit of both. (Personally, I believe population figures have been erroneous for decades.)

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--for ever."

George Orwell - 1984

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

A lot has to with people wanting control. They want to think someone anyone is in control and that the things that happen in the world are not random and happen of their own accord. If their is order and control they feel they can figure it out and be safe. If things are random and not being controlled by (insert group here) then life becomes random and much more scary. Its the irony of the entire thing.
edit on 30-11-2011 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2011 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Short answer is that most of the end game of these conspiracies dont make sense because they are formed by raving lunatics....These people find conspiracies in everything that happens. There certainly is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes but if you listen to a lot of conspiracy nuts literally everything that happens in the world is a result of the NWO. A disturbed man shoots up his office....of course it was a false flag to usher in the police state. Some toxic material gets leaked into the rivers.....you may think it was a negligent employee who keeps his job for no apparent reason....but you would be wrong it was the Builderberg group planning a test run of how to depopulate the world. When you go down the rabbit hole its hard to reverse course.

I think most of the big name guys out there just cant deal with the idea that they may be wrong about something so they find a little bit of information on something and then use it to support their conclusions.....all though I will give Alex Jones credit his new move of claiming every elite has syphilis and thats why his conclusions dont have to make sense because they are all nuts

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
conspiracy theories are an attempt to make random chaos orderly, and more importantly, controllable

"if only we could stop the 5 evil old white men that are in control ! then we would have world peace and food for all !"

it is also just basic blame shifting to a group or individual that fits a persons world view of the "usual suspects"

what I don't get is why plausible and realistic theories are never discussed, only the fringe and "out there" ideas. I'm serious, I think the fringe idea's somehow give the brain a shot of endorphins or something, and it literally becomes addictive

no, seriously

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The original post indicated that these uber-rich folks have so much money they don't care about it anymore. I believe that to be partially true, because after many billions of dollars, the real prize is power.

I do feel that these individuals in their ivory towers realize that there are way too many of us. Recall on the Georgia Guidestones that it states that no more than half a billion people should live on this planet, and there are a heck of a lot more of us than that currently. It is impossible for them to control the nearly 7 billion people on the planet, but a half a billion should be simple. Just enough people to run things, make things, farm things, and work for these masters of the universe.

We are known as "useless eaters". These rich folks with blue blood in their veins feel that our genetics are inferior, our brains are inferior, and we breed too rapidly. So why not squeeze every little last bit of money out of us suckers, before they unleash something along the lines of limited nuclear strikes in major cities, maybe some nasty biological weapons, and put the survivors in work camps?

Eugenics has been a staple of every snob-driven philosophy, and in the not-so-distant past, Darwinism was worshiped as nature's way to weed out undesirables.

You ask what the purpose would be to crash everything and put everybody away? The crash is to separate us from what we own, whether it be money or property. Then, when we rise up out of anger, they can put the most aggressive and free-thinking of us in camps. Those of us who would fight their power structure must be dealt with.

These are just thoughts I have. As a person infected with a mycoplasma infection, courtesy of the US government (Army patent #5242820), I feel like I am struggling to survive their first wave of trying to take us down, subtly and cruelly. Ask yourselves why cancer, diabetes, and auto-immune disorders are infecting young, previously healthy and active people. How many people do you know with fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, lupus, scleroderma, Parkinson's, severe asthma, and other nasty chronic diseases? How many people are dropping dead of aggressive cancer before age 55?

Then think to yourself how you would take over the world and become a small, elite group of the Haves, ruling over the Have-Nots. First you screw 'em over, then get rid of them. Only leave enough to be easily controlled.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What I believe, and its pretty out there...imagine you can have anything you want. Anything. First normal things like fast cars, nice clothes, nice house. Then, what next? A jet, a mansion. Maybe you like little boys to tickle your toes with feathers, or watch old men roll around in jello or some sick, crazy thing. (I am sure they do sick things, they fuel the war machine and destroy the earth, without conscience) You can have it. Then what?

I think the elite of this world are bored. They have everything, CAN have anything, there is nothing more to take. I think they play games with each other. Try to destroy the next powerful person. Lets bomb so and so, see how they react. Stuff like that. I believe it is beyond our comprehension, the way they think. They play war games and gamble. We are pawns, collateral, little ants being set on fire under the magnifying glass. Just for fun, you know?

I honestly believe this. I believe they are very sick people and do not value life at all. I don't think there is any rationale behind it, not in terms that you or I would understand.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It begins with childhood and comparing what we have with others and wanting more. This is the beginning of greed. That builds in an unending quest to get and have more of everything than the next guy. Power, money, stuff, women, whatever. How much is enough? The few that rise to the top unendingly compete with each other to own and control IT ALL !!!

The more they steal from others the more enemies they leave in their wake. The more fearful and paranoid they become of this the more measures they require to keep themselves safe from the enemy, which at the end becomes enemies of the state, which requires drastic measures to separate out , confine (and even dispose) of their enemies, i.e., terrorists, rebels, protesters, different ethnicities, cultures, etc.; all in the name of the "common good".

Eventually there is rebellion, revolution, chaos and then total destruction, leaving the next ruins for the future to discover. Rome, Greece, Mayan, Nazi's, etc.

And all because some kid was teased too much about stuff. Thats where it begins and how it ends up in any "civil"ization, any era you care to name. Slight oversimplification, I know, but basically....

Teach your kids to share. That the love of money, things and self, leads to tragedy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join