It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Phones are spying on us....here is the proof!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Saw this article on yahoo news today and couldnt help but start searching through my Android phone to try and see if i could find this supposed "spy" app. Let me know if any of you have had experience with this or can shed more light on the topic.

Here is the link....

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

I feel like this is creepy. Smart phones are a double edged sword. Like the Droid RAZR for instance...

Using behavioral analysis and pattern analysis, it adjusts the UI for the owner. Weird. I'm not a fan of that.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

"Automatically syncing while you sleep" haha yes id say thats a scary way to market something haha

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I put a sticker over the camera on my mac when i'm not using it. my house mates laugh at me saying i'm being paranoid. "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you"

truth is... i've got nothing to hide, really... but why not cover it?

I'm told the light would be on if the camera was on, but surely the light can be overridden?

eeeeyeah....

not that i've actually read this article (sorry!!)... but hopefully it is the one i thought i'd read a while back:

macdailynews.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Anyone else notice the "too powerful to fall into the wrong hands" bit at the end? Sounds like a bit of an inside joke to those who actually have the 'wrong hands.'

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Oh and also... there's an article in this months New Scientist talking about a facebook app that they're designing to predict where you will be and where you should go to run into people with similar interests. ...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Don't forget that Apple is not above spreading propaganda either and since Android surpassed the IPhone in sales recently? This could have a bit of a fish smell to it.

I was personally amazed at the lament over Jobs who was so dishonest he stole from his first partner when it only involved pennies.

Is this a meme war? Could be? I'd wait to run out and get an overpriced, under-performing IPhone due to this article. But then, it is probably true, but?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here is a video of this app in action. Skip to 11:30, this is where it gets scary.

Here is where I got the video from.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I was just talking about this to my roommates the other day in fact. Scary thoughts people, I mean, the masses blindly purchase things like this because having the latest tech makes you "cool" and "in the know." When in reality, most people are so blinded by the positive capabilities that it masks the negative aspects.

Think about it this way, the iPhone is a fantastic device (I use one myself), but when I look at it from the perspective that it may actually be a tool for monitoring me I end up desiring so hard that my foot could reach the back of my a$$. Now I'm not saying this is true, but there is a slight possibility that it may very well be a tool of social control for TPTB to keep an eye on everybody. My reasons are so:

1) It's an electronic device that usually always remains on
2) It's got (depending on the model, I have the 4) two cameras on it, who knows if they're REALLY off until you are actually using them
3) It has a mic
4) Its hooked up to both a wireless network and optionally WiFi depending upon your location
5) Its satellite/GPS capability

Sounds like a pretty good tracking/monitoring device to me...

Don't mean to be a fear-mongering entity by any means here, just trying to share an idea by thinking outside the box!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

yeah, i saw that commercial over thanksgiving at my family's.. i said pretty much the same thing.

i mean... who the hell DOES want this stuff anyway?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I'm totally pissed. I have the Samsung Epic on sprint, and sure enough, it was there. It died easily though, and hasn't restarted itself yet.

My phone is rooted, there should be some way to write a program for rooted phones to execute the necessary actions to remove this. I shall keep an eye out.

...What a mess, CarrierIQ apparently has hooks in everything, so you cant merely delete it, you have to 'clean' up the infected files that it has hooks in.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I started a thread on this too

I don't care which one becomes extinct because it's an important issue. I just want more people to see this. I'm going to just stay in here with you guys because my thread got cold and scary.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Interesting to note:

Batman, Dark Knight...

All the cellphones are used in a 'sonar' type concept, using echolocation to triangulate objects, and create a 'real-time' visual...

scared?

Boo!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JustBreathe11

Great Video and good find! Star for that...ive forwarded all this info to our lead IT guy at work...if anyone can dig stuff up its him. Ill keep everyone posted.

link   
Anyone who thinks these "smart" phones are NOT being used to track you is dreaming.

Just because they COULD be used like this, doesn't mean they are. Yeah right.

The fact that it is possible means it is being done from the get go. If you think not you are a fool.

link   
Anyone who thinks these "smart" phones are NOT being used to track you is dreaming.

The fact that it is possible means it is being done from the get go. If you think not you are a fool.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

I figured, since you made the effort to post it twice, I'd make it 3 times, considering:

Rule of Three
tvtropes.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

yeah idd verry good post

top topics

join