It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC: Jet Contrails Increase Cloud Cover in 1980

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I think this puts to rest some versions of the chemtrail theory that state that contrails previously did not spread out to cover the sky.

That's what has bothered me about "chemtrails" since I first heard about it. A simple basic fact they all, all of them, get wrong.

Normal contrails, under the right conditions, can last hours or even all day, lingering, spreading out, etc.

there was a documentary done shortly after 911 called "global dimming" or something along that lines, explaining how during the 911 lockdown of air traffic, without the contrails, the temperatures went up, showing that the amount of jet contrails (water vapor, not fuel exhaust people, jeez) we have was impacting the weather in such a way as to reduce the effects of the global rise in temperatures (at the time).

They also have some great clips of either Doppler Radar or Satellite images, time lapsed, showing you the jet contrails over north America and how they form basically artificial cloud cover and can even drift over to Europe.

So far, after what 10 years of hearing about this, the only thing that differentiates a contrail from a chemtrail, according to the believers, is that contrails can't ever linger and fan out, which they can, and have, and has been documented since the dawn of the jet age.

This chemtrail conspiracy only looks interesting from afar, window shopping. Once you impart any effort into the "conspiracy" it just falls apart.

Could it be happening? Sure, anything is possible and I wouldn't put it past the Western governments to do this. Has the chemtrail community offered ANY proof, at ALL? No. None. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

ZERO

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Thank you.

So the moisture in a contrail is made up of both the moisture that was pre-existing in the air before it got sucked into the front of the jet engine + the water that is formed during the combustion of hydrocarbon fuel.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Exactly. Off the top of my head, in the case of a non-persistent contrail, the jet exhaust accounts for significantly less than half of the water visible in the contrail. If the contrails persists and spreads, the water in the jet exhaust will only account for under 1% of the actual water in the contrail.

Classic paper on the subject:

cires.colorado.edu...

edit on 1-12-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
there was a documentary done shortly after 911 called "global dimming" or something along that lines, explaining how during the 911 lockdown of air traffic, without the contrails, the temperatures went up, showing that the amount of jet contrails (water vapor, not fuel exhaust people, jeez) we have was impacting the weather in such a way as to reduce the effects of the global rise in temperatures (at the time).

It was actually the temperature range that increased. It was warmer in the day and colder at night without contrails. Which is exactly what they talk about in the 1980 NBC piece, the contrails act as an insulator, reducing temperature extremes.

Subsequent research suggests the effect was less than initial studies claimed. The current thinking is that contrails have a net warming effect, as the nighttime warming is much greater than the daytime cooling, due to the wavelengths involved.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

you know...this has crossed my mind several times. it does seem like our overall climate has changed. maybe we're getting someone else's clouds now???

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I'm interested in knowing who's clouds you think they may have been. I was going to attribute your thought to possible weather shifts that are, in fact, known to exist, but that may have been what you were getting at. I'm not sure though.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

yeah...it seems like a weather shift has happened. like i said...i am not saying these clouds are unnatural or anything. i am saying they are abnormal for this area. everyone i know (whether we talk about conspiracies or not at all) is noticing the clouds around here are not normal for this area.

everyone keeps saying they look fake. we are not used to seeing these low, dark clouds for weeks on end around here. not normal. our temperatures have been whacky lately. 30° one night, 68° the next and back and forth. 70°...wearing shorts and tank top after thanksgiving...completely abnormal for this area.

if i were to go full blown conspiracy on this...i would call it weather modification but for logical reasons...i'm just going to call it abnormal for this area. so weather shift or whatever...it's real...it's going on. sooo many people are so confused by our weather since late summer time. i've been noticing it since last winter...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I'd call it normal weather variations.

The weather is different from year to year. Some years are more unusual than others. Check Google for unusually hot/dry/wet/cold year,. If anything it's the "normal" years that are unusual.

ETA: See also "unusually ... weather" prior to 1990
edit on 1-12-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

Hey, I was thinking more about your problem and I came across this on the Weather Channel

www.weather.com...

...you said you live in East Peoria, IL...take a look at the map...this is the MOLD COUNT...as you can see, it is elevated right now...approaching high levels...

Like I said, allergies can develop over the life of an individual...tolerance to different substances becomes reduced...try a Claritin or some other allergy pill...see if your symptoms do not clear up...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

our temperatures have been whacky lately. 30° one night, 68° the next and back and forth. 70°...wearing shorts and tank top after thanksgiving...completely abnormal for this area.

if i were to go full blown conspiracy on this...i would call it weather modification but for logical reasons...i'm just going to call it abnormal for this area. so weather shift or whatever...it's real...it's going on. sooo many people are so confused by our weather since late summer time. i've been noticing it since last winter...

Well, actually there is nothing you are describing that indicates any type of conspiracy, full blown or otherwise...There is nothing in your reporting or the written records that indicate what you are describing can be categorized as "completely abnormal." The average high temperature for Atlanta, GA, in the month of November is 64 degrees Fahrenheit. The average low temperature for Atlanta, GA, in the month of November is 44 degrees.

There is nothing record setting or highly unusual about what you are experiencing. The record low temperature in Atlanta, GA, in November was 3 degrees in 1950, while the record high temperature in November was 84 degrees in 1961. I am sure those people had absolutely ZERO concern about those conditions on those days...They noted it, and moved on with their lives...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Good for you, nice insert of graphic data!

You crazy chicken you, or is that a funky rooster in your Avatar?

Either way, I enjoyed reading your reply to this thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

yeah...it seems like a weather shift has happened. like i said...i am not saying these clouds are unnatural or anything. i am saying they are abnormal for this area. everyone i know (whether we talk about conspiracies or not at all) is noticing the clouds around here are not normal for this area.

everyone keeps saying they look fake. we are not used to seeing these low, dark clouds for weeks on end around here. not normal. our temperatures have been whacky lately. 30° one night, 68° the next and back and forth. 70°...wearing shorts and tank top after thanksgiving...completely abnormal for this area.

But tell us, really, whether you think this is abnormal for your area?

Chemical trails are most certainly a reality, and they appear universally 'abnormal' to
all observers. Something is happening and we don't know what it is.
The world has been hi-jacked.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join