It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC: Jet Contrails Increase Cloud Cover in 1980

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

They are actually the closest thing to "chemtails" you'll see - the B-52 used water injection to boost thrust for takeoff.

This was the visible result - unburned fuel carbonising in the hot exhaust and making these sooty black trails.

so it actually IS a chemical deliberately injected into a jet engine that does leave a visible trail - reagardless of atmospherics

Edit: they don't do it any more as the current B-52H version has more powerful engines - TF33 turbofans, which have some 17,000 lbs thrust vs about 13,000 for the previous J57 turbojets that had the water injection.

Dang - got called away while I was in the middle of this & see it is already covered......

As for where water vapour comes from - 1 tonne of jet fuel creates over 1 tonne of water vapour by combination of the hydrogen in the fuel with oxygen in the atmosphere.

edit on 30-11-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

As for where water vapour comes from - 1 tonne of jet fuel creates over 1 tonne of water vapour by combination of the hydrogen in the fuel with oxygen in the atmosphere.

I like when the mechanics speak they just tell the truth.
second line, still just watching, just wanted to point out
that thought.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Living in central Illinois here, you can see the trails in the sky every single day. They first start out as a straight narrow line across the sky then fade into these mist like trails while widening. Yesterday was actually the first time I observed the narrow streams along with normal clouds. The normal clouds were much lower and moving really fast while the narrow streams along with the mist like clouds were a lot higher and didn't seem to be moving at all.

Some symptoms I've noticed over the past month are dilated eyes, shortness of breath, hacking up black stuff, and extreme feelings that I'm on some kinda stimulant. "Can't sit still, massive amount of energy". I don't do any drugs or drink alcohol. I don't even take any Tylenol or anything like that. Just drink lots of water and tea, while trying to eat as healthy as I can. I do exercise a lot though "skateboarding" so I'm outside for 3-4 hours each day at least.

There have been times in past where I have came home from skateboarding and my lungs, throat, and mouth all feel very dry/grainy even though I drink plenty of water. Also my face would have a lot of white/flaky substances on it. Before you say its salt, I skateboard a lot and swear profusely but I don't usually get a white/flaky coating on my skin only a few times has this ever happened.

Not trying to spread fear in anyone just getting some of my observations out there.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I'm not used to seeing the word "Contrails" in the title of a thread on ATS. That's a real "attention getter"!

I always enjoy your posts. Keep up the hard task of denying ignorance.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
Living in central Illinois here, you can see the trails in the sky every single day.

Some symptoms I've noticed over the past month .....

"Chemtrails" in illinois have been reported at least as far back as 2001 - eg here - why isn't everyone getting het same symptoms, and why only almost 10 years later??

Have you considered other sources of pollution nearby, changes to your water supply, changed sensitivity to something or allergies?

all these things are well known to happen to people all over the world and have never required "chemtails" before......

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Wow! I love those pictures! The 8 "chemical sprayers" on each of those 52s are workin' overtime!

The old KC-135s, when injecting water, were pretty sooty too. I used to love the sound of those babies taking off, but nothing ever compared to the howl of the F-104s flying low over one's head though.

I'm sorry for getting off topic, but you triggered some of my fondest memories. Thanks!

I always enjoy you posts too!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

Thanks for sharing the information...sorry to hear about the symptoms you have been having...Have you seen a doctor to determine what the cause might be? One of the things I notice as I get older, my body starts exhibiting reactions to foods and other substances it did not when I was younger...after a half a century of life, levels of tolerance tend to reduce...the proverbial straw breaking the camel's back, as it were...

It would be best to see a doctor and actually determine what the cause is...hope you can get relief...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
chemtrails or not...

all i'm going to say is that the clouds around atlanta, ga have been soooo weird this past couple months that everyone i hear is talking about them. people i don't know. people take pictures of these "clouds" and text them to me at the same time i'm taking pics of the clouds (this has happened countless times).

my gf works for a roofing company (front desk
) so the guys get a lot of sky exposure. she said that the past couple months...ALL the guys have been randomly been talking about how weird the clouds look...that they look fake.

they are extremely low and really fast moving. you can see the different layers moving, almost as though they are different "sheets" of sky. they all look darker than we are accustomed to. here's a couple pics that better show what i'm speaking of. i'm not calling these chemtrails or the result of chemtrails. all i'm saying is that these are not normal. i don't care what anyone expert on here tries to tell me. not even saying they are not natural. all i;m saying is that these are not natural and everyone around here is noticing it.

those are just examples. for all of you experts...i'm sure these clouds are completely normal. for all of you who have been paying attention...you know these clouds aren't not normal (at least in this area). people who have lived around atlanta for 40+ years have been randomly commenting on these clouds and rapidly changing weather patterns. 70° after thanksgiving? not normal. these clouds that i'm talking about are like a blanket...a thick, grey blanket. there is something weird about them.

edit on 12/1/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

sorry. these may not be the most conclusive pics but to those who have noticed them...you'll recognize these clouds...

in this pic...you can see the normal white clouds above the low gray clouds...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
[the clouds] are extremely low and really fast moving. you can see the different layers moving, almost as though they are different "sheets" of sky. they all look darker than we are accustomed to. here's a couple pics that better show what i'm speaking of. i'm not calling these chemtrails or the result of chemtrails. all i'm saying is that these are not normal. i don't care what anyone expert on here tries to tell me. not even saying they are not natural. all i;m saying is that these are not natural and everyone around here is noticing it.

They ARE different "sheets" of sky. Clouds form at different altitudes. Sometimes they form at more than one altitude. The higher you go the faster the wind goes. You can get a 50-100mph difference in the speed of high and low clouds. Often the high and low clouds move in different directions because the wind blows in different directions.

Clouds vary with the weather. Sometime we have odd weather. That's the way of the planet. Look back through all recorded history, we've always had odd weather from time to time.

Don't believe the experts here. Sure. But check with old and new books on the weather. Just research clouds, how they form, what height they form at, how fast they move, what they look like.

What you are seeing might not be incredibly common where you live, but it's still natural.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

sorry. these may not be the most conclusive pics but to those who have noticed them...you'll recognize these clouds...

in this pic...you can see the normal white clouds above the low gray clouds...

You can see normal high clouds above normal low clouds.

The clouds are actually the same color. It's just that here the high clouds are illuminated by the sun, and the low clouds are not (they are in the shadow of other clouds)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I must say them clouds look very normal to me... who is to say whats normal anymore though.

The clouds around here are all crisscross streams and misty no real mass to the clouds just flat and misty.

If I had a data cable I would upload some of the pictures from my phone to show you guys what I'm talking about. I think I might invest in one here in the next few weeks.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Never said anything about chemtrails. Just what I've observed of the clouds in the past month of so and some very odd symptoms I've been experiencing this could be from anything, but the only thing I've noticed different is the straight narrow misty clouds littering the sky every single day.

I'm not trying to seek justice or investigate or anything like that. I just like to spread my observations and see what others have to say about it.

The pictures in your link is exactly what I'm seeing, but I don't live in farmville. I'm in the middle of the city East Peoria to be exact.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The dilated eyes and hacking up black stuff have only happened once. My shortness of breath is happening every day now just feels like I can't get enough oxygen upon inhaling to satisfy my lungs. I also try to stay away from doctors unless things happen like pencil in my eye or broken growth plate in my hand. Just to mention a few things I've went for in the past. hehe They always try an give me some kinda pill and I just won't take anything like that. I would rather suffer through the pain.

I don't know if this is really relevant to the topic, but I have been waking up multiple times during the night with my heart beating really fast and hard. Almost feels as if my breathing stops for short period and it wakes me up. I'm just guessing though cause I don't really know. It sure feels that way though.

Also I'm 21; not quite old, but I'm getting there.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose

I must say them clouds look very normal to me... who is to say whats normal anymore though.

Well, you can. Just compare clouds now with clodus thought history, and if they look the same, then that's normal.

Here's a 1905 book with photos of clouds.

picasaweb.google.com...

It seems to show pretty much the same range of clouds as we see now, except no contrails, as planes had not been invented when the photos were taken

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Refer to this link to see exactly what kinda clouds I'm talking about.

Thanks to Aloysius the Gaul for the link.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

Well, if you do not wish to see a doctor, then don't...The thing is you need to remember is this, "I see A which I have not seen before. I see B which I have not seen before. I experience C which I have not experienced before. Therefore, A+B results in C." IS NOT always the answer...as a matter of fact, it is SELDOM the answer...

Take it from a person who has lived through what you are going through...you just hit 21...BIG CHANGE physically, whether you perceive it or not...and you have the rules of FIVE coming up...that is ages 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, etc...ALL DRASTIC CHANGES for the human...All the medical/mental health experts know about it, and the INSURANCE COMPANIES RELY on this information in order to make profit... It is solid science...

Anyway, good health and do not be so down on taking a trip to the doctor...you do not need to take any pills...and there are alternatives to every issue...the thing is to find out what the issue is...take care...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I was watching multilayered, white over grey, clouds exactly like that over the last few days here in South Yorkshire. I was also cursing them because I wanted to take some plane pics for the research thread, lol.

However these are quite common here and nothing unusual. Could it be that the general climate changes we have noticed over the last few years are why you would see these clouds in Atlanta now, where you didn't before? Unusual effects here include roses and strawberries on the plants in my garden as late as November.
edit on 1-12-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
reply to post by getreadyalready

All fuel vaporized and then burned with air has water as by-product,
smoke,exhaust etc. has water vapor also.
If I keep listening to you guys I am never going to make it to the 6th grade.

edit on 30-11-2011 by Gmoneycricket because: 5th grade spelling lol

Uncinus and others -- help me out here...

...but I was under the impression that much (some?) of the vapor in the contrail was already in the air to begin with. Jet engines suck in a lot of air in front of it, compress that air, then shoots it out the back.

My question is this: Does the contrail contain moisture that was already in the air before it got sucked into the front of the jet engine? If so, how much (percentage)?

Thanks!

edit on 12/1/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: speellling, and, grammar

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Uncinus and others -- help me out here...

...but I was under the impression that much (some?) of the vapor in the contrail was already in the air to begin with. Jet engines suck in a lot of air in front of it, compress that air, then shoot's it out the back.

My question is this: Does the contrail contain moisture that was already in the air before it got sucked into the front of the jet engine? If so, how much (percentage)?

Yes it does, but the percentage varies depending on how much air is sucked through, and how humid the air is.

What's generally happening with a persistent contrail in a clear blue sky is the air is at about 80-90% humidity. Too low for clouds to form, but above 100% RHI, so if any clouds form they will grow.
Plane comes along, sucks in this 80% RH air, the added water in the exhaust pushes it over 100% RH. If the exhaust temp is low enough then it will cool below the dew point before the mixing dilutes it below 100% RH, so it will condense into water, then freeze if below -40, then those tiny ice crystals will continue to grow in the >100% RHI air, indefinitely.

Surprisingly complex.

(ETA: 80-90% is for illustration only, the actual RH to RHI ratio can be up to 2:1, depending on pressure)
edit on 1-12-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join